• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we might see Besic and Harrison in the matchday squad but not the starting XI, they need to gain some match fitness. Hopefully Besic can finally help our midfield to affect games. The fact that Baker has stayed, I think he may be given a chance to impress soon.

Like it Tom!

----------------Randolph------------------

Shotton---Gibson---Ayala---Friend

Traore-Howson-Clayton-Downing

------------Gestede----Britt--------------

I'd go for this team too^ maybe with leadbitter instead of clayton though. I think leadbitter had a decent game v Shef wed. Better than clayton when he came on.

Hopefully our barren spell only exists at home and we can get 2 or 3 here.

I chose Clayton because I think it gives Howson more room to get forward and make himself a threat from the edge of the box. It's a slight gamble though because Clayton might be limited by picking up an early yellow card. I'm not overly fussed though about who starts between Clayton and Leadbitter as both a way too limited for me. I'm pinning a lot of hope on Besic being a better partner for Howson.

If it was anything like the last game against Norwich they'll be defending deep, think it's a game for a Rudy shaped battering ram.

One of the plus sides of Braithwaite and Fletcher departing is Bamford can be assured of more game time and maybe a prolonged run in the side.

Let's at least hope it's up front then. If it's more gametime on the wing I dispair.

Think we might see Besic and Harrison in the matchday squad but not the starting XI, they need to gain some match fitness. Hopefully Besic can finally help our midfield to affect games. The fact that Baker has stayed, I think he may be given a chance to impress soon.

I would definitely be looking to give Baker some game time, came here with a good reputation and Pulis may be able to get the best out of him which would be a huge plus for us.

I'd like to see Baker given a chance. Otherwise whats the point in him being here? There's obviously a talented footballer there. 

Personally given that we have failed to address the left wing slot in Jan I'd like to see us adopt a more 4-3-3 set up. Its not massively different from what we've been playing anyways as Downing has been dropping quite deep. 

Not a hope in hell of him starting like this but I'd go

--------------Randalph--------------

Shotton---Ayala---Gibbo---Friend

Baker---Howson---Downing

Traore-------Bamford

Britt

I'd give Traore and Bamford a bit of a free role. Priority being Bamford gets his backside in the box when Traore decides to skin 5 players.

Really wish I was going to the game as I believe that at the moment we are a better away team than home and this is vital to picking up points along the way.

Sadly I have the aussie flu and simply do not have the strength for the journey never felt as bad as this before and it is taking ages to break free of it but hopefully 3 points away will be a real pick me up

I think the only solution to our goalscoring woes is to play two up top. In not a big 442 lover but as has been said many many times, Rudy is great at getting us up the pitch and bringing people into play whereas Britt isn't. However when Rudy brings people into play they are hopeless at scoring goals whereas Britt is our best goalscorer. Barring a weird science hybrid experiment, we kind of need to play both. Maybe a lopsided 442, with Traore right wing and downing as a 10 drifting left? Would need George to provide width on the left and would need one of the cms to drop back and cover there. Or you ask Britt to drift left and cut in, he's scored from that sort of position quite a bit with forest and earlier this season with us.

I think the only solution to our goalscoring woes is to play two up top. In not a big 442 lover but as has been said many many times, Rudy is great at getting us up the pitch and bringing people into play whereas Britt isn't. However when Rudy brings people into play they are hopeless at scoring goals whereas Britt is our best goalscorer. Barring a weird science hybrid experiment, we kind of need to play both. Maybe a lopsided 442, with Traore right wing and downing as a 10 drifting left? Would need George to provide width on the left and would need one of the cms to drop back and cover there. Or you ask Britt to drift left and cut in, he's scored from that sort of position quite a bit with forest and earlier this season with us.

I agree with you at home when opposition teams sit back, but we looked good with one up top away at QPR. Today will tell whether that was a fluke!