• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only solution to our goalscoring woes is to play two up top. In not a big 442 lover but as has been said many many times, Rudy is great at getting us up the pitch and bringing people into play whereas Britt isn't. However when Rudy brings people into play they are hopeless at scoring goals whereas Britt is our best goalscorer. Barring a weird science hybrid experiment, we kind of need to play both. Maybe a lopsided 442, with Traore right wing and downing as a 10 drifting left? Would need George to provide width on the left and would need one of the cms to drop back and cover there. Or you ask Britt to drift left and cut in, he's scored from that sort of position quite a bit with forest and earlier this season with us.

Sounds unnecessarily complicated to me. We should either play an orthodox 4-4-2 or not. I think a halfway house doesn’t help the players.

Wonder what the makeup of the bench will be today?

Assuming we have the same starting XI as Tuesday, I suspect it will look like this:

Dimi

Crainie

Besic

Clayton

Gestede

Johnson

?

Maybe Baker? Or a surprise spot for Harrison?

I think the only solution to our goalscoring woes is to play two up top. In not a big 442 lover but as has been said many many times, Rudy is great at getting us up the pitch and bringing people into play whereas Britt isn't. However when Rudy brings people into play they are hopeless at scoring goals whereas Britt is our best goalscorer. Barring a weird science hybrid experiment, we kind of need to play both. Maybe a lopsided 442, with Traore right wing and downing as a 10 drifting left? Would need George to provide width on the left and would need one of the cms to drop back and cover there. Or you ask Britt to drift left and cut in, he's scored from that sort of position quite a bit with forest and earlier this season with us.

Sounds unnecessarily complicated to me. We should either play an orthodox 4-4-2 or not. I think a halfway house doesn’t help the players.

If we had a proper left winger, yes, but we don't. Also it lets George get forward like he wants to anyway. Tactics are about creating overloads in specific areas as much as anything else.

Its gonna be a really tough game today. Would be so sweet to get one over on them after the play-off final.

Has anyone seen this to fly a banner over the stadium of light we we play them? https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/fly-a-banner-over-the-stadium-of-light/

Would be so funny as they bascially did the same to newcastle recently  :D

Interesting that he's gone for Clayton Leadbitter with how good Howson has been lately and how average Grant has been, but whatever. Like the rest of the team, Bamford on the left again isn't ideal though.