oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich City (a) 0-1

My expectations at the beginning of next season will be the same as the beginning of this one, very low. Im sure many other supporters will feel the same.

I know you never had high expectations and have consistently stood by that but I don't remember many coming into this season, certainly not on this forum, who were expecting anything other than automatic promotion.

Yeah the length of contract concerns me as well, if he's been brought in to oversee a big change at the club both on and off the pitch is 18 months really long enough?

I don't know whether the short contract is for Pulis's benefit, for Gibson's or maybe it suits both of them.

I know lots of managers don't last long in jobs nowadays but refusing to buy in January and balance the squad suggests a long term vision, that doesn't really match up with giving a manager an 18 month contract.

I don’t think the length of contract means anything

If he had a ten yr contract he could be gone tomorrow if he wanted to leave or Gibson wanted him gone ,since when has a contract stopped a manger moving on .it just costs someone money

I think the length of a contract says a lot more than you'd think. It doesn't mean we can guarantee the length of time a manager will stay for, same goes for players. Circumstances change so contracts can change. But I do think it shows the initial intention sometimes.

I think the initial intention here is that Pulis doesn't like being so far away from his family so doesn't want to commit too long. And it gets agreed upon because Gibson really likes Pulis and thinks 18 months of him being in charge is better than no Pulis at all. Very similar to the contract Fabio got and has also rung true, he wants to go back to Brazil for family reasons and didn't want to be tied down and the shorter term contract will work out for him in that respect. Pulis is 60 now and unless a club comes along in the right area of the country offering him longevity, I think he'll be considering retirement soon.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@Boro

#Boro have lodged an appeal against @RudyGestede's three-match suspension

➡️ http://bit.ly/2EMstDi

It is obviously going to be upped to 4, and I can't say I really care that much. His shocking finishing against Fulham and idiotic tackling against Norwich have done enough damage. Total liability... Britt should play for 90 mins with Bamford up much close to him as a second striker. Howson back in too.

It doesn’t take much for us to give up on our players does it

If it helps I'd given up on him before he'd even signed for us.

My expectations at the beginning of next season will be the same as the beginning of this one, very low. Im sure many other supporters will feel the same.

I know you never had high expectations and have consistently stood by that but I don't remember many coming into this season, certainly not on this forum, who were expecting anything other than automatic promotion.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

@Boro

It is obviously going to be upped to 4, and I can't say I really care that much. His shocking finishing against Fulham and idiotic tackling against Norwich have done enough damage. Total liability... Britt should play for 90 mins with Bamford up much close to him as a second striker. Howson back in too.

He's played in quite a few games this season and scored one goal. In the last four league games you could argue he was directly at fault for us losing two of them... Not saying I never want to see him play for us again, but am hardly going to lose sleep at Britt taking his place for next four games.

@Boro

Then you go to the top of the list.....and boy is it a big list

@Boro

He's played in quite a few games this season and scored one goal. In the last four league games you could argue he was directly at fault for us losing two of them... Not saying I never want to see him play for us again, but am hardly going to lose sleep at Britt taking his place for next four games.

And at qpr he looked good when he came on and the team improved

He fits Pulis more than Britt right now. Not a good finisher by any means but what good is a finisher if you can't get the ball into his feet to begin with. Obviously he messed up in the last game, big time. And I would be surprised if we see him for the next month, the appeal is frivolous in my eyes. I'd go as far as to say they're making a case just in hope that he doesn't have to play Britt on his own. Would explain why he was so frustrated to miss out on Mitrovic.

Britt absolutely has to do better to justify his place in this team. He will be in the team through virtue of there being no other options in the manager's eyes.

@Boro

Aww shucks, I really wasn't expecting this and I haven't got anything prepared  :blush: 

I'd like to start by thanking God who blesses us every day and allows us all to be embittered misery guts who can't find joy in anything if we choose to be.  I'd like to thank my parents and family for all of their support over the years - I wouldn't be here today without you!  It would be remiss of me to not to mention the good people of Oneboro at this time as without their hopeless optimism I would have nothing to mock and would be reduced to being sensible all of the time.  I know I'm forgetting someone here so please bear with me.  Ahhh Boro, how could I forget to mention you?  Without your staggering ineptitude and continued ability to underwhelm we'd all be stuck supporting a well run and possibly even marginally successful football club.  Thankfully you skillfully avoid this on a regular basis even when it appears you are going to stumble your way to something above mediocrity - don't ever change!  

Finally, dear old Rudy Gestede.  You may be nothing more than a big bloke with a first touch that often makes it appear that your feet are on the wrong way round but at Boro that seems to make you a potential superstar in the eyes of some fans.  Yes, yes, we signed you when we were in the Premier League, despite the fact that you clearly aren't good enough for that level and yes you are next to useless unless the ball is played to you in the air but that was still £6m well spent.  Don't worry about missing sitters and getting yourself needlessly sent off as some people's expectations of you are so low that as long as you manage to put your kit on correctly then you're a winner in their eyes.  Remember, your surname is on the back of your shirt!

Thank you  :heart:

Aww shucks, I really wasn't expecting this and I haven't got anything prepared  :blush: 

I'd like to start by thanking God who blesses us every day and allows us all to be embittered misery guts who can't find joy in anything if we choose to be.  I'd like to thank my parents and family for all of their support over the years - I wouldn't be here today without you!  It would be remiss of me to not to mention the good people of Oneboro at this time as without their hopeless optimism I would have nothing to mock and would be reduced to being sensible all of the time.  I know I'm forgetting someone here so please bear with me.  Ahhh Boro, how could I forget to mention you?  Without your staggering ineptitude and continued ability to underwhelm we'd all be stuck supporting a well run and possibly even marginally successful football club.  Thankfully you skillfully avoid this on a regular basis even when it appears you are going to stumble your way to something above mediocrity - don't ever change!  

Finally, dear old Rudy Gestede.  You may be nothing more than a big bloke with a first touch that often makes it appear that your feet are on the wrong way round but at Boro that seems to make you a potential superstar in the eyes of some fans.  Yes, yes, we signed you when we were in the Premier League, despite the fact that you clearly aren't good enough for that level and yes you are next to useless unless the ball is played to you in the air but that was still £6m well spent.  Don't worry about missing sitters and getting yourself needlessly sent off as some people's expectations of you are so low that as long as you manage to put your kit on correctly then you're a winner in their eyes.  Remember, your surname is on the back of your shirt!

Right now that’s you never winning bugger all ever again. Second only in the future

@Boro

I haven't give up on Gestede I just don't rate him at all, I'd have been over the moon if he'd been sold before the season started, or shown the door in January in order to bring another  striker in.

Christie wasn't even given a chance really... Shotton was slotted in at RB from day one and our joint top assister just dropped straight off the bat.

Braithwaite, like Britt, was asked to play a role he wasn't suited too and admitted as much in his interview when he signed for Bordeaux. He'd previously said how much he loved being here, but when Pulis came he knew he wouldn't be utilised to his strengths and abilities so had to leave with the World Cup in mind.

Bamford was awful, I agree - the difference being he has been all season. He's shown little/nothing to suggest he's deserving of being in the side, let alone a focal point. Britt, on the other hand, has single handed scores just shy of 1/3 of our entire league goal haul for he season.

Take the nuance out of it and make it 'he plays up too of left back' all you want, but the reality is there. We've got rid of our some of our most productive players in front of goal and have left a striker who's not suited to what the manager wants, with neither Tony or Britt seemingly willing to budge. Both need to adapt and find a way of working together, otherwise we'll achieve the sum total of bugger all this season.

I can half understand Braithwaite wanting to leave with the world cup on the horizon but I've got no respect for Christie. Yeah he's lost his place but rather than work on his limitations and fighting for his place he's thrown the towel in after 6 months here.

Going back to Britt, he's been poor lately and his work rate has dropped which there's no excuses for. If it's a battle of wits between him and Pulis like you seem to be suggesting then there'll only be one winner and that isn't Britt.

If Britt's being asked to play in a role that his uncomfortable with or can't adapt to, and this results in him not producing his best, then battle of wits has nothing to do with it.

I'd have sent him on loan to Sunderland and kept Fletcher.

Send bamford aswell and we can play leadbitter up front

We could put Dimi up front, big target man.

Come on CT get with the programme, this brutal honesty isn't going get you nowhere, what about a bit of blind optimism it won't hurt you.