• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they didn't deem it a yellow card and then not a case for a straight red? I have no idea how they work this stuff out.

Ironically I bet 9/10 of us would have said straight red all day and wouldn't have challenged it.

Maybe they didn't deem it a yellow card and then not a case for a straight red? I have no idea how they work this stuff out.

Ironically I bet 9/10 of us would have said straight red all day and wouldn't have challenged it.

You mean the first yellow card? I'm pretty sure these appeals base don't base decisions on anything but the incident in question. But even if they did, the first yellow wouldn't have affected giving a straight red. The way the ref saw it, it was a red card regardless of the fact he'd already been booked for a high boot (which is the only decision I thought was a bit harsh, albeit by the letter of the law was a booking).

I agree though. I don't think I've seen a single fan on any platform come out and explain how they think it could be overturned, everyone seems pretty shocked by it, especially given our prior with the FA for appeals. Although it's hard to see many people talking about the decision itself within the cesspool of hatred and insults about Rudy.

It was a straight red and since the challenge wasn’t a red cars when seeing it in replay they’ve taken away that red and he comes away from the match with just the first yellow card. Had the ref given him a second yellow nothing would likely have been done.

It was a straight red and since the challenge wasn’t a red cars when seeing it in replay they’ve taken away that red and he comes away from the match with just the first yellow card. Had the ref given him a second yellow nothing would likely have been done.

I don't think you can appeal yellow cards at all, whether they're first or second so you're right. You can only appeal straight red cards, regardless of whether they've already been booked.

Bit of a strange decision, I'm pretty amazed they overturned the red but can they not say it should have only been a yellow and he would then serve a one match ban? Their procedures are usually stupid so they can probably only say straight red or nothing otherwise I don't see how they say it's not even a yellow card.

Bit of a strange decision, I'm pretty amazed they overturned the red but can they not say it should have only been a yellow and he would then serve a one match ban? Their procedures are usually stupid so they can probably only say straight red or nothing otherwise I don't see how they say it's not even a yellow card.

Nope, they can only make a decision on the refs actual decision.