oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich City (a) 0-1

So in the end they actually did the right thing. It wasn't a straight red.

I think Borodane is right here. When you watch the replay, Gestede clearly gets to the ball first, and plays it. His momentum/other leg then comes through, which I think makes it look worse. However, physically I don't think there's too much else that he could do when going for that ball with full commitment.

I know you have to be 'in control' these days, but I don't think the tackle was reckless. I agree with Dane... and the FA that it wasn't a straight red. As such not a ban!

[Personally] I think it looks worse than it is.... but each to their own:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gestede+red+card

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a straight red. Studs up and into the players ankle. No question. That's a red card.

:dodgy: Hmmm.... Evidently there is a question. LOL

No. Humpty has spoken. Therefore there can be no discussion.

Were you even at the game? If not, your opinion isn't worth the same as mine, or anything at all to be honest.

• Latest Posts

• Paddy McGuinness was the main reason I stopped watching Top Gear. That bloke just loves himself way too much. Which is a shame because I really like Chris (an actual motoring journalist) and Freddie (likeable and also proved he has balls of steel). The rest is also the reason I stopped watching so-called "prime time" TV many years ago. I mean I know it has to be family-friendly, but that doesn't also mean it has to be mind-numbing garbage.
    • He was probably our top target because he was free and experienced at this level. It's disconcerting when we need three in and we've missed out on a free transfer. Going to be a long summer.
    • Well football is cyclical. They were at the top of theirs back then...as were we. I guess we can count ourselves lucky we didn't bottom out as low as they did.     In one sense they were horrible days. With hindsight we were clearly spending beyond our means...even with Sky's millions. Not saying Southgate would have kept us up without the budget cutting but he'd have had a better chance. We didn't plan long-term to make sure we could sustain our place in the PL...or mount a strong comeback once we got relegated. Just been a series of kneejerk reactions and short-term thinking. On the flip side it was fun while it lasted. I would love to know though if Gibson & the board actually thought the gravy train would ride on indefinitely, or if they were actually aware of the precarious state the club would be in, if the money stopped rolling in... Also, the closest we came to losing our identity was when the stadium was renamed the Cellnet Riverside. No-one was demanding the club change its kit, badge or name, as has happened in some cases.   Ah yes, the days when we were Middlesburgh Celtic. 😁  
    • This is scarily familiar, right down to the team signing our top option!
    • If he was our top target and he has chosen to go play second fiddle to last seasons ‘obviously not top target’ that’s disconcerting.