oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

Sat 10 th Feb

Riverside stadium - 3pm

Ramsdens Pawn Stars v Reading

The Tony Pullis revolution is well under way and oh how our boys have reacted.

Our freshly trimmed squad are buffed up and ready to go up against the royals.

Since taking over Pullis has tightened the defence - no goals conceded, he has sharpened the attack to the tune of 17 goals in 6 games and we are now more entertaining than a Only fools and horses re-run.

If only...........................

So we are still leaking goals, still losing matches, not scoring enough and as exiting as swine flu - if anyone is still reading then you are way more interested than I am this season.

The home fans need - no - deserve a win, the team needs a win - will we get it?

What will the first 11 be? Do you even care anymore?

Feel free to post your Pawn stars starting 11,

debate on how we are going to go in with high expectations and will we be rewarded for our continuing support and optimism?

Opposing fans veiw - http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=bd8cedddc50ea412e1abacb0e11f0160

Personally I hope we get a 2-0 but if it were the opposite I'd hardly fall off my stool.

UTB.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------------Randolph-------------------

Shotton----Ayala-----Gibson-----Friend

----------Howson-----------Besic----------

Traore---------Downing---------Harrison

----------------Assombalonga---------------

Get the new lads bedded in. Feel a bit sorry for Bamford being dropped, as the sending off last week essentially made him a left back, but regardless it was yet another week of him doing very little.

Get the new lads bedded in. Feel a bit sorry for Bamford being dropped, as the sending off last week essentially made him a left back, but regardless it was yet another week of him doing very little.

That looks like a side capable of promotion to me.

Let’s face it. We are on our usual post new years slump.

Even Big Tony can’t change that, it’s written in the stars.

Unfortunately this time our post New Years slump’s lasted 14 months.

I think we'll see Besic but not Harrison. My worry is that he's gonna drop Howson for Besic though. I think he might stick with Bamford as, despite him indeed doing very little, he seemed pretty convinced we were done once Gestede went off and may take that into consideration before choosing to stick someone in who isn't match fit and didn't even get any minutes at Norwich. I think Harrison will come on as a sub.

I also think Gestede will be straight back into the team. Pulis won't punish him for the challenge as he's stuck by him throughout the ordeal.

My personal team would be almost the same as yours but a few tactical changes. Downing and Traore wide, Gestede and Assombalonga up front. Bamford isn't doing enough as a midfielder, he needs to play up front to get him back to his best and I just can't see it happening right now. So 4-4-2 for me, no better time to try it. I do wonder with the way Downing plays right now whether in a 4-4-2, he'd go for Downing right and Traore left rather than try to play Downing out wide left.

Indeed. I think we need to be careful with Harrison too, we can't expect too much from him. Not only has he made his reputation in the MLS but he's not coming here having just been playing to the best of his ability, he's just had his down-time and could need a few games before he gets up to speed with the others.

--------------------------- Randolph ---------------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend -- Fleming --

---------- Besic ----- Leadbitter --- Howson -------------- 

------------------- Traore ------- Downing ------------------

Up the Biro

--------------------------- Randolph ---------------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend -- Fleming --

---------- Besic ----- Leadbitter --- Howson -------------- 

------------------- Traore ------- Downing ------------------

Up the Biro

I love it.

No centre forward and a 49 year old at left back.

Up th the Biro!

after last weeks inept display it would be easy to give up on the season m...but we are Boro so most of us are used to this sort of thing by now

Filled my glass back up to half full and think that we will get a response tomorrow against a very poor Reading team

3-1

Would like to see Howson back and very surprised he was dropped last week and Adama back out wide running at players doing what he does best (whatever that is?) .

I know a lot of Reading fans, and their team is truly dire right now. Their run in is relatively tough and League 1 is a distinct possibility. After watching last weekends highlights Millwall honestly should have had 4 or 5, and they were causing chaos from every set piece. If we can't put at least a couple past Reading at home then I will simply despair.

Reading play a really odd style of defensive possession based football. They will tidily pass it around in their own half 90% of the game, often with no recognized striker on the pitch.. if we press with two up top and take advantage of set pieces then we'll win this one easily. If I see a teamsheet of 4-2-3-1 with Leadboots & Clayton in midfield and Gestede alone up top then I'm putting £50 on 0-0.

Randolph

Shotton-Ayala-Gibson-Friend

Traore-Howson-Besic-Downing

Assombalonga-Gestede

Surely this is the game to play with two strikers up front, Gestede and Assombalonga. Reading are dire at the moment and will just play possession in their own half and should not be a threat to our defence, just go for it we have nothing to lose.