oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see so many people thinking 4-4-2. I can’t remember the last time we started 4-4-2?

I suspect some people see it as a way of potentially scoring more goals and as a way of getting a striker alongside Gestede, if indeed we pick him.

Interesting to see so many people thinking 4-4-2. I can’t remember the last time we started 4-4-2?

Just my personal take, but when I watch teams that play 4-2-3-1 well (eg Chelsea last year), the 3 behind the forward get in the box and chip in with goals and get close to the target man upfront. Our current 3 don't do this... Downing (1 goal), Bamford (1 goal), Traore (1 goal). All miles away from the striker. This is even more important if your 1 up top isn't a great finisher, Gestede (1 goal).

So I reckon let Downing and Traore stay wide and get our only genuine goalscorer (Britt, 12 goals) up alongside Rudy - just feel there are more players in their natural positions that way. They could be great together, why not try.

Just my personal take, but when I watch teams that play 4-2-3-1 well (eg Chelsea last year), the 3 behind the forward get in the box and chip in with goals and get close to the target man upfront. Our current 3 don't do this... Downing (1 goal), Bamford (1 goal), Traore (1 goal). All miles away from the striker. This is even more important if your 1 up top isn't a great finisher, Gestede (1 goal).

So I reckon let Downing and Traore stay wide and get our only genuine goalscorer (Britt, 12 goals) up alongside Rudy - just feel there are more players in their natural positions that way. They could be great together, why not try.

Agreed. Our attacking midfield is a mismatch of talents. Bamford is a striker, Traore is a winger, Downing is a play-maker but not someone who can consistently get into the box as realistically he's our best option of getting a quality ball in there, not following crosses up. They don't work together as a trio because they're just not suited to doing it.

Downing and Traore have both had their moments this season, Bamford hasn't really got going. So keep the other two in the team and put our top scorer alongside something he can actually work with.

We should win although I did say that before the Sheff Wed game but yeah I expect us to win reasonably comfortably.

I can’t remember us winning comfortably since Millwall 3 years ago. Scrapping through 1-0 like a ballsack through broken glass maybe but not comfortably.

We should win although I did say that before the Sheff Wed game but yeah I expect us to win reasonably comfortably.

I can’t remember us winning comfortably since Millwall 3 years ago. Scrapping through 1-0 like a ballsack through broken glass maybe but not comfortably.

I can't stand negative people like you.  You bring the whole forum down with your pessimism  :@

We will win by two clear goals and by God you will cheer them on or I will give you a damn good thrashing sir.

Didn’t we comfortably beat QPR about 2 weeks ago?

Was there at the reverse winning fixture and Reading offered zip and we were not that great either but fully expect a win tomorrow we really do need something to hold onto for the remaining games, lose then our season is finished

Another looong afternoon in store i think

Unless teams are brimming with confidence and on a big run of winning games (Wolves) were going to face a defence minded Reading side that think they have hit the jackpot if they get a point.

Our missing piece of the jigsaw is the ability to put ball in the net

Until we find that piece another afternoon of frustration i think

Boro 1-0 if Stuey puts a screamer away