oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

And people wanted Britt to start over Gestede. The lad is shocked to the core and doesn't fit the manager. He's completely bereft of confidence. I was willing that penalty to go in but I could pretty much tell from the moment he stepped up he wasn't confident. Diabolical attempt.

We deserved the win in the end but we don't half love making it hard for ourselves. Traore being the difference pretty much sums up the game. Defence was sound for the most part and despite some decent energy at the start of the second half, the rest of our midfield was pretty plain. Gestede was alright, put himself about. Nothing special but we know that about him. He's just a cog that fits in this machine so you can pretty much guarantee he'll have a better game than Britt will in this team.

Bamford had little to work with but boy should he have scored and as mentioned earlier, he looked very upset coming off with 5 or 6 players going over to give him an arm round the shoulder and a pat on the back to try and cheer him up.

Feel bad for Britt, he obviously wanted to get himself back on the scoresheet and now his confidence will be even further in the floor...

Don't feel too sorry for him. He earns tens of thousands of pounds a week, for being relatively useless!!

I see why Britt wanted to take it, but it was the wrong decision.

Mind you, Leadboots missed his last one too, perhaps Adama should have taken it seeing as he was on a hat-trick?

If we were still 2-0 up, and the penalty had been in the 94th... then it would have been great to see Adama take it.

Much needed result.

Pulis needs to pack it the *** in with these negative subs. Looks like costing us points every time he does it.

Drives me insane... a defensive midfielder was the last thing we needed and it nearly cost us. Harrison should have come on for Bamford in a like for like as things were comfortable at that point.

Don't know whether anyone else noticed this by the way but when the Gestede change was made just after they scored, Harrison was putting his coat back on. Looks like they were going to give him a run-out until we conceded and needed to be more careful about the changes we made.

Which brings me to our actual final change. Where on Earth was Cranie playing when he came on? I thought he was a centre-back/right-back?

What little hope remains for this season rests on the shoulders of an inconsistent 22 year old utb

I'd argue that possibly aside from Shotton, he's been our most consistent player since Pulis arrived.

We won so Building blocks for the remainder of the season. Reading were and are poor, we are average. Hope we stay in this league and build for the future. Nothing is perfect everybody at the club are trying, fans always complain that is part of the sport can't blame them for that but not easy to deal with.

What little hope remains for this season rests on the shoulders of an inconsistent 22 year old utb

I'd argue that possibly aside from Shotton, he's been our most consistent player since Pulis arrived.

I agree but not sure that's enough games to now class him as consistent. Regardless, he's the only attacker that looks capable of scoring/creating goals and that is pretty depressing.