oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back at our line up today, surely it would make more sense to play Downing on the left and Bamford inside behind Gestede?

I think there would be a great deal of sense in this. I wonder what Pulis’s objection to it is? Maybe he sees Downing as our best player and wants to keep him central to influence the game more? Or he feels that Bamford will be more of a threat joining the striker from a wide position (much like he did in most of his games under Karanka)? Who knows...

Just watched the highlights.

Traore looks like a proper footballer. The second goal was class - exactly the kind of thing we hoped he was capable of.

Assombolonga’s penalty. Wow. The lad needs a cuddle.

Looking back at our line up today, surely it would make more sense to play Downing on the left and Bamford inside behind Gestede?

I think there would be a great deal of sense in this. I wonder what Pulis’s objection to it is? Maybe he sees Downing as our best player and wants to keep him central to influence the game more? Or he feels that Bamford will be more of a threat joining the striker from a wide position (much like he did in most of his games under Karanka)? Who knows...

Maybe he does fancy Downing more central but Bamford just looks so ineffective playing on the left that it just seems a waste of a fairly talented player

Awful game, truly awful.

We gave a dreadful Reading team far too much respect all the way through the game and it was criminal that we were hanging on in the end.

We might have closed the gap to 6th but we don't look anywhere near good enough it's as simple as that.

Ok just got back in from the game -

Pulis wants to take a long hard look at himself for switching downing and Troare around that almost cost us 2 points. Why on earth did he change them around when we were on top and looked like we could run riot for once, also once he realised this isn't working why not switch them back.

I cant decide whether Britt did a Gaston basically screw you for not selling me and playing Gestede over the top of me or his confidence is that shot he doesn't know how to hit the ball anymore either way he should have been dragged off straight after that and Harrison on. The other thing is leadbitter push him off the ball and tell him no its mine or anyone else who thinks about it.

Troare has found his level i feel not consistent enough and too one dimensional for the prem but at this level the defending is not as good gives him more opportunity to shine. Also great performance today without you wed of defiantly lost this game.

Reading were shocking today and for parts of the game we made them look avarage, if this had been a decent team wed of been thumped today.

I think the reaction to Assombalonga missing a penalty is frankly disgusting. Leadbitter missed one not long ago and not a word was said. Britt took the next and scored in a high-pressure situation. The penalty was a shocker but "he should have been dragged off after missing" I think is about as pathetic as anything I've read from any Boro fan.

You have a simple choice, build the lad up or tear him down. As Boro fans, it seems 'we' are determined to tear him down.

Edit* As for the match, it was awful. The subs made no sense to me. Clayton on for Bamford is a clear signal to throw everything at us, because we're going to sit back. This side without Adama would be appalling to go and watch every week. Where is Downing playing? What is Bamford's purpose?

Reading are garbage and we struggled to break them down, bloody awful game, 1st half was a non event,2nd half started off better then we decided to do our usual sitting back, thank god Reading are ***. Traore head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch, and the only attacking player who looks like doing anything, Gesterde not for me but we're limited the form Britts in, we should have brought another attacker in instead of a defender too late now.

Assambolonga I'm trying to think of a worse penalty miss at the Riverside, didn't do it on purpose( as some were suggesting around me) did he, he wouldn't would he a professional footballer no. Leadbitter is captain and normally our penalty taker, he should have told Britt to *** off.

I honestly don't see us getting in the top 6, the sides above us just look better.

Ok just got back in from the game -

Pulis wants to take a long hard look at himself for switching downing and Troare around that almost cost us 2 points. Why on earth did he change them around when we were on top and looked like we could run riot for once, also once he realised this isn't working why not switch them back.

I cant decide whether Britt did a Gaston basically screw you for not selling me and playing Gestede over the top of me or his confidence is that shot he doesn't know how to hit the ball anymore either way he should have been dragged off straight after that and Harrison on. The other thing is leadbitter push him off the ball and tell him no its mine or anyone else who thinks about it.

Troare has found his level i feel not consistent enough and too one dimensional for the prem but at this level the defending is not as good gives him more opportunity to shine. Also great performance today without you wed of defiantly lost this game.

Reading were shocking today and for parts of the game we made them look avarage, if this had been a decent team wed of been thumped today.

100% agree Thomas, Traore was having a field day on the right, and yes a good team would have turned us over, Reading rubbish and us very average and I'm being kind.

I think the reaction to Assombalonga missing a penalty is frankly disgusting. Leadbitter missed one not long ago and not a word was said. Britt took the next and scored in a high-pressure situation. The penalty was a shocker but "he should have been dragged off after missing" I think is about as pathetic as anything I've read from any Boro fan.

You have a simple choice, build the lad up or tear him down. As Boro fans, it seems 'we' are determined to tear him down.

Edit* As for the match, it was awful. The subs made no sense to me. Clayton on for Bamford is a clear signal to throw everything at us, because we're going to sit back. This side without Adama would be appalling to go and watch every week. Where is Downing playing? What is Bamford's purpose?

"frankly disgusting" - a bit pompous don't you think?

Of course people are going to slam a penalty as BAD as that on an Internet forum.

For sure the quote in question is ridiculous. But it was a terrible penalty and he took the ball from the captain to take it for his own personal reasons rather than the team's. By putting himself under that amount of pressure, he made a rod for his own back and I don't think there was a fan watching that that was surprised by the fact he missed. Nothing against him, I wanted him to score of course but he made that decision and it backfired. He should have let Leadbitter take it, simple as that.