oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

TBH people having a go at Britt wanna be having a go at Pulis. The subs were absolutely shocking and his man management aside from Adama looks awful.

2-0, perfect opportunity to bring Harrison on for a run, then give it 5-10 minutes and give Besic a go for Leads. Instead, we drop 20 yards deeper, he brings Clayton on for a winger and a right back onto the left wing - wtf is that?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that some of the Gestede-haters are defending Britt and saying things like "Why not just get behind him?" Some of the *** Gestede has said about him, particularly on Twitter and Facebook, is atrocious.

But Britt comes on, doesn't perform for the short spell he's on the pitch and to top it off skies a penalty which he took from the captain's hands and yet he just needs a bit of confidence and now anyone questioning the poor penalty is seen as disgusting?

TBH people having a go at Britt wanna be having a go at Pulis. The subs were absolutely shocking and his man management aside from Adama looks awful.

2-0, perfect opportunity to bring Harrison on for a run, then give it 5-10 minutes and give Besic a go for Leads. Instead, we drop 20 yards deeper, he brings Clayton on for a winger and a right back onto the left wing - wtf is that?

Harrison was about to come on, but then Reading scored, Pulis changed his mind and shored things up. I’m not saying that it’s exciting, but I can understand why he didn’t throw on a young debutant at that point.

As for the flack Britt is getting, it seems to me that he is in a bit of a dark place at the moment and could have done with scoring that penalty, Leadbitter had missed his last one and maybe thought that if he missed this one as well, he’d get it in the neck. Maybe he would rather Britt had a shot at it instead.

As they say, a win is a win and as Boro fans, we are pretty used to flying by the seat of our pants at the end of matches.

We thrashed em!  Just as I predicted a comfortable Boro win to help turn our season around  :dodgy:

I know that for some reason I have developed a rep as being slightly glass half empty but if people are willing to watch this *** on a regular basis then fair play to you as you're better people than I am.  Not being the finished article is ok because well why would we be?  But being basically terrible against a crap team isn't where we should be either.  Reading pretty much handed us both goals and then gave us the penalty for good measure just to make sure we didn't somehow look this particular gift horse in the mouth and we still didn't look convincing.

Traore's first goal the keeper probably should have stopped albeit it was well hit.  His second was a nice finish after some more awful defending - give him the ball well inside your half and then don't make a tackle?  That doesn't feel like a match winning strategy to me.  As I said though, it was a really nice finish so well done to him for rising above the rest of the dross on the pitch and we're grateful he did because no bugger else looked capable of it. The penalty decision looked a touch soft to me but we'll take them all day long however Britt's penalty was interesting.  I feel sorry for the fella as his confidence is clearly shot to pieces - it's a toss up who is in a worse frame of mind at the moment between him and Bamford.  Thankfully we still have Gestede who...no I have nothing actually...who is tall, there you go, that's something.

It sums up just how bad the division is this season that we are only four points from the play offs!  I mean Jesus, how is that possible when you think about how poor we've been in general across the season?  The transfer window is shut so the die is cast in terms of the squad and we're going to succeed or fail with this group of players.  I can't say I'm looking forward to the rest of the season unless there's some significant improvements made - being able to attack without Traore would be a start.  The subs/tactical changes were whatever, well they were conservative, negative, dull and crap but I've almost given up caring because we are going to be a *** poor team to watch no matter what now I think.  The only question is what results we'll achieve.

Yeah you are probably right about the team’s performance going forward. I don’t think Pulis is going to make us any more exciting going forward. The Clayton sub is a testament to how we are going to look for the next 16 months.

Glad about the three points as it keeps the season alive but disappointed to hear that we were once again average. Warnock will have seen that he only has to double up on Traore and stay tight on him and that’s it.

Harrison was about to come on, but then Reading scored, Pulis changed his mind and shored things up. I’m not saying that it’s exciting, but I can understand why he didn’t throw on a young debutant at that point.

who dares wins

I don't blame Leadbitter for the penalty incident, when your top scoring striker grabs the ball you expect him to put it away.

Maybe Grant didn't fancy it either after his last one.

I remember leadbitter missing two in a row a couple of years back and still stepped up to take the next one. He probably just thought assombalonga needed the confidence boost. Well that backfired massively!!!

Don't remember this, was it for us?

I remember leadbitter missing two in a row a couple of years back and still stepped up to take the next one. He probably just thought assombalonga needed the confidence boost. Well that backfired massively!!!

Missed against QPR away when he shushed the crowd and against Cardiff at home. Then scored against Huddersfield if I remember rightly.

It's Tony Pulis.

I love that some of the Gestede-haters are defending Britt and saying things like "Why not just get behind him?" Some of the *** Gestede has said about him, particularly on Twitter and Facebook, is  atrocious.

But Britt comes on, doesn't perform for the short spell he's on the pitch and to top it off skies a penalty which he took from the captain's hands and yet he just needs a bit of confidence and now anyone questioning the poor penalty is seen as disgusting?

He clearly needs a lot of confidence, never mind a bit of it.  Gestede still isn't particularly good however.

Missed against QPR away when he shushed the crowd and against Cardiff at home. Then scored against Huddersfield if I remember rightly.

It wasn't two in a row, but he missed 2 out of 3 in that run.

I think the reaction to Assombalonga missing a penalty is frankly disgusting. Leadbitter missed one not long ago and not a word was said. Britt took the next and scored in a high-pressure situation. The penalty was a shocker but "he should have been dragged off after missing" I think is about as pathetic as anything I've read from any Boro fan.

You have a simple choice, build the lad up or tear him down. As Boro fans, it seems 'we' are determined to tear him down.

Edit* As for the match, it was awful. The subs made no sense to me. Clayton on for Bamford is a clear signal to throw everything at us, because we're going to sit back. This side without Adama would be appalling to go and watch every week. Where is Downing playing? What is Bamford's purpose?

what is your purpose more like..........

Just re-watched Britts penalty and it actually looks like he's aiming for row Z, he hasn't even slipped or misskicked it. :)

Probably can't be ***ed with our fans anymore and was aiming for one in particular.