oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reaction to Assombalonga missing a penalty is frankly disgusting. Leadbitter missed one not long ago and not a word was said. Britt took the next and scored in a high-pressure situation. The penalty was a shocker but "he should have been dragged off after missing" I think is about as pathetic as anything I've read from any Boro fan.

You have a simple choice, build the lad up or tear him down. As Boro fans, it seems 'we' are determined to tear him down.

Edit* As for the match, it was awful. The subs made no sense to me. Clayton on for Bamford is a clear signal to throw everything at us, because we're going to sit back. This side without Adama would be appalling to go and watch every week. Where is Downing playing? What is Bamford's purpose?

Zzzz - get off the old high horse. Britt's penalty was utter garbage.

"frankly disgusting" - a bit pompous don't you think?

Of course people are going to slam a penalty as BAD as that on an Internet forum.

But to say you get taken off for missing a penalty.... good luck finding a penalty taker next time

Just got in from work and there’s a ball with assombalonga’s boot print on in my garden. Someone care to explain what the hells going on??

You can’t live in Middlesbrough then

Dull as dishwater game but happy with the points and with a few good performances from howson, Shotton (I definitely didn't think Shotton would be such a consistently good player a couple of months ago) and traore. Really happy for traore, they were cracking goals. He's got the confidence to shoot now, whereas before he would have got into the box, panicked and tried to pass back to someone.

Reading were a poor team, but we sank to their level. Why we sat back so much even at 2-1 I'll never know. Reading very nearly got a pen at the end, and that would have been it, points thrown away.

And the less said about our pen the better!

I think the reaction to Assombalonga missing a penalty is frankly disgusting. Leadbitter missed one not long ago and not a word was said. Britt took the next and scored in a high-pressure situation. The penalty was a shocker but "he should have been dragged off after missing" I think is about as pathetic as anything I've read from any Boro fan.

You have a simple choice, build the lad up or tear him down. As Boro fans, it seems 'we' are determined to tear him down.

Edit* As for the match, it was awful. The subs made no sense to me. Clayton on for Bamford is a clear signal to throw everything at us, because we're going to sit back. This side without Adama would be appalling to go and watch every week. Where is Downing playing? What is Bamford's purpose?

Just to clarify he should have been dragged off for missing a plenty that badly, taking it off leadbitter who would have probably have buried it and for been not bothered in the slightest he missed. Im not saying if someone misses a plenty drag them off i am talking about that one incident as a one off.

We thrashed em!  Just as I predicted a comfortable Boro win to help turn our season around  :dodgy:

I know that for some reason I have developed a rep as being slightly glass half empty but if people are willing to watch this ***e on a regular basis then fair play to you as you're better people than I am.  Not being the finished article is ok because well why would we be?  But being basically terrible against a crap team isn't where we should be either.  Reading pretty much handed us both goals and then gave us the penalty for good measure just to make sure we didn't somehow look this particular gift horse in the mouth and we still didn't look convincing.

Traore's first goal the keeper probably should have stopped albeit it was well hit.  His second was a nice finish after some more awful defending - give him the ball well inside your half and then don't make a tackle?  That doesn't feel like a match winning strategy to me.  As I said though, it was a really nice finish so well done to him for rising above the rest of the dross on the pitch and we're grateful he did because no bugger else looked capable of it. The penalty decision looked a touch soft to me but we'll take them all day long however Britt's penalty was interesting.  I feel sorry for the fella as his confidence is clearly shot to pieces - it's a toss up who is in a worse frame of mind at the moment between him and Bamford.  Thankfully we still have Gestede who...no I have nothing actually...who is tall, there you go, that's something.

It sums up just how bad the division is this season that we are only four points from the play offs!  I mean Jesus, how is that possible when you think about how poor we've been in general across the season?  The transfer window is shut so the die is cast in terms of the squad and we're going to succeed or fail with this group of players.  I can't say I'm looking forward to the rest of the season unless there's some significant improvements made - being able to attack without Traore would be a start.  The subs/tactical changes were whatever, well they were conservative, negative, dull and crap but I've almost given up caring because we are going to be a *** poor team to watch no matter what now I think.  The only question is what results we'll achieve.

Just got in from work and there’s a ball with assombalonga’s boot print on in my garden. Someone care to explain what the hells going on??

You can’t live in Middlesbrough then

People mock but he was asked to knock that asteroid out of the way in case it hit Earth.  Instead of criticising he should have a heroes welcome like they got in Armageddon.  Don't wanna close my eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep cause I'd miss you baby and I don't wanna miss a thing (with a close up of a picture of his boot or something).

Did anyone else notice the pitch had been narrowed today?

(Sorry if it's already been posted)

Didn't know that was allowed mid season to be honest

It definitely had, you could see the old lines. Friends long throws were going a lot further as well!

Did anyone else notice the pitch had been narrowed today?

(Sorry if it's already been posted)

Didn't know that was allowed mid season to be honest

It definitely had, you could see the old lines. Friends long throws were going a lot further as well!

maybe he been working out.....

Fair play to Britt having the bottle to step up and take a penalty when his confidence is shot, that's the exact type of attitude that will get him through this barrel spell especially when he's not getting much game time! (I know it was a shocking penalty), but him grabbing it off leadbitter is the attitude that I want as it shows he cares! (clueless idiots who are slating him for him having a go!)

Adama, well well well...

Starting to become Mr reliable and is lighting up the championship at the minute.

Where are all the adama haters now?

On a serious note, the lad is starting to show consistency and his overall positioning is getting better each week hence why he's getting into better positions.

Having Ryan shotton behind him is working wonders, so friend and shotton should get some praise in their recent performances.

Poor performance overall against a poor team so will need to step it up but this win could be crucial for our confidence.

Beat cardiff and hull and I know that's a big task then we are right back in it... keep the faith

I would drop Bamford and go to 4-4-2 with Britt and Rudy starting up front for the remainder of the season.

UTB