oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

I can't understand why Britt was suddenly dropped. He was doing well before that. Was it some sort of internal squabble? One thing's for sure - it didn't do his self-confidence any good at all.

With Adama on his current form, they could be a brilliant strike partnership. And if Pulis had the guts to throw in Paddy too (who is an intelligent player, but not a brilliant striker) we might be scoring a lot more goals.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just re-watched Britts penalty and it actually looks like he's aiming for row Z, he hasn't even slipped or misskicked it. :)

Probably can't be *** with our fans anymore and was aiming for one in particular.

I bet he missed them.

I think the reaction to Assombalonga missing a penalty is frankly disgusting. Leadbitter missed one not long ago and not a word was said. Britt took the next and scored in a high-pressure situation. The penalty was a shocker but "he should have been dragged off after missing" I think is about as pathetic as anything I've read from any Boro fan.

You have a simple choice, build the lad up or tear him down. As Boro fans, it seems 'we' are determined to tear him down.

Edit* As for the match, it was awful. The subs made no sense to me. Clayton on for Bamford is a clear signal to throw everything at us, because we're going to sit back. This side without Adama would be appalling to go and watch every week. Where is Downing playing? What is Bamford's purpose?

what is your purpose more like..........

ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ

Post something about the match Beamish, I king dare you!

I missed this match entirely but it sounds like pretty much what we are getting used to in terms of performance. Good result though and nice goals by Traore. It's funny how managers have their way of using subs and most seem so stuck in their ways of how they should be used. Pulis is clearly one of those who loves a good negative sub.

I think the reaction to Assombalonga missing a penalty is frankly disgusting. Leadbitter missed one not long ago and not a word was said. Britt took the next and scored in a high-pressure situation. The penalty was a shocker but "he should have been dragged off after missing" I think is about as pathetic as anything I've read from any Boro fan.

You have a simple choice, build the lad up or tear him down. As Boro fans, it seems 'we' are determined to tear him down.

Edit* As for the match, it was awful. The subs made no sense to me. Clayton on for Bamford is a clear signal to throw everything at us, because we're going to sit back. This side without Adama would be appalling to go and watch every week. Where is Downing playing? What is Bamford's purpose?

what is your purpose more like..........

Dunno if it’s just me but starting to become mystified how this gadge is still allowed to come on here, not post any opinion (ever!) and just come on here to put people down.

I expect some flack here but I will state I am not a Britt hater, Gestede hater or Bamford hater as I want all of our forwards scoring and to be honest all of them have had many chances of late which , well down to them really!

However watching the penna situation again I did not see a player lacking in confidence no I saw a player displaying a totally arrogant attitude, which is fine as long as you put your money where your mouth is, and to be honest a "could not care less" attitude after what he would already know was a feeble and week willed effort.

The guy made no effort to apologise to his team mates and again I am sorry he walked away with a *** happens attitude.

What to do about him is the question as I feel he does not want to be here and I m unsure as to if and when he will score again displaying the attitude he seems to project

We thrashed em!  Just as I predicted a comfortable Boro win to help turn our season around  :dodgy:

I know that for some reason I have developed a rep as being slightly glass half empty but if people are willing to watch this *** on a regular basis then fair play to you as you're better people than I am.  Not being the finished article is ok because well why would we be?  But being basically terrible against a crap team isn't where we should be either.  Reading pretty much handed us both goals and then gave us the penalty for good measure just to make sure we didn't somehow look this particular gift horse in the mouth and we still didn't look convincing.

Traore's first goal the keeper probably should have stopped albeit it was well hit.  His second was a nice finish after some more awful defending - give him the ball well inside your half and then don't make a tackle?  That doesn't feel like a match winning strategy to me.  As I said though, it was a really nice finish so well done to him for rising above the rest of the dross on the pitch and we're grateful he did because no bugger else looked capable of it. The penalty decision looked a touch soft to me but we'll take them all day long however Britt's penalty was interesting.  I feel sorry for the fella as his confidence is clearly shot to pieces - it's a toss up who is in a worse frame of mind at the moment between him and Bamford.  Thankfully we still have Gestede who...no I have nothing actually...who is tall, there you go, that's something.

It sums up just how bad the division is this season that we are only four points from the play offs!  I mean Jesus, how is that possible when you think about how poor we've been in general across the season?  The transfer window is shut so the die is cast in terms of the squad and we're going to succeed or fail with this group of players.  I can't say I'm looking forward to the rest of the season unless there's some significant improvements made - being able to attack without Traore would be a start.  The subs/tactical changes were whatever, well they were conservative, negative, dull and crap but I've almost given up caring because we are going to be a *** poor team to watch no matter what now I think.  The only question is what results we'll achieve.

Cheer up Keith.

I agree with you about the standard of the division though. I have been saying all season that this is the worst quality I can ever remember in the second tier. Outside of Wolves there is not a single half decent side. The standard of football in every game I have been to or watched has been ***.

I can't understand why Britt was suddenly dropped. He was doing well before that. Was it some sort of internal squabble? One thing's for sure - it didn't do his self-confidence any good at all.

With Adama on his current form, they could be a brilliant strike partnership. And if Pulis had the guts to throw in Paddy too (who is an intelligent player, but not a brilliant striker) we might be scoring a lot more goals.

Ive got 2 theorys on why Britt was dropped -

1 Pulis did not buy him so doesn't feel obliged to play him and doesn't think hes worth the money Monk paid. 

2 Pulis has the same opinion as me, Britt is selfish to the point where if somebody had a tap in if he passed hed shoot despite him (that is fine when you are banging them in, but when you have hit a dry spot that will make your team mates will be really annoyed) and does not fit his system Pulis plays (not saying I enjoy watching Gestede either btw but he does fit his system better).

Gestede is awful. We should be doing everything we can to get the most out of Britt, instead we are ploughing on with a player who has scored 4 goals in 37 appearances for us.

I expect some flack here but I will state I am not a Britt hater, Gestede hater or Bamford hater as I want all of our forwards scoring and to be honest all of them have had many chances of late which , well down to them really!

However watching the penna situation again I did not see a player lacking in confidence no I saw a player displaying a totally arrogant attitude, which is fine as long as you put your money where your mouth is, and to be honest a "could not care less" attitude after what he would already know was a feeble and week willed effort.

The guy made no effort to apologise to his team mates and again I am sorry he walked away with a *** happens attitude.

What to do about him is the question as I feel he does not want to be here and I m unsure as to if and when he will score again displaying the attitude he seems to project

I’ve played with plenty of guys that would bollock anyone apologising. Thier attitude was you’ve made a mistake get on with it. Just depends how you look at it

1 Pulis did not buy him so doesn't feel obliged to play him and doesn't think hes worth the money Monk paid. 

2 Pulis has the same opinion as me, Britt is selfish to the point where if somebody had a tap in if he passed hed shoot despite him (that is fine when you are banging them in, but when you have hit a dry spot that will make your team mates will be really annoyed) and does not fit his system Pulis plays (not saying I enjoy watching Gestede either btw but he does fit his system better).

How many times did the likes of Owen, shearer and Lineker pass if they had a chance to score? = or is it that one moment when the useless Bamford was available on Boxing day and Britt took it himself as he probably backed himself over Bamford to score and then he scored a beautie - then was dropped by Pullis for the seaside donkey? If remember rightly Bamford had already missed two absolute sitters too.

Pullis is crap, Bamford is crap and the Boro are crap -  we are absolutely doomed to watching this dross for at least 18 months - I'm almost certain I've died and gone to hell because thats what 90 mins of watching Boro is like.

COME BACK AK ALL IS FORGIVEN

Because Pullis is a stubborn,  useless knob head?

I think Britt was dropped because he doesn't work hard enough and I also don't think he fits a Pulis system.

The problem we have is that Gestede is an absolutely dreadful footballer, if he was 6 inches smaller he'd be a non league player he's that bad. I honestly don't think someone like Ayala would be any worse than Gestede playing in that position.

To be honest I think we need to try either Bamford or Britt up there again and give either one a decent run of games, there's got to be a better way than yesterday.

How many times did the likes of Owen, shearer and Lineker pass if they had a chance to score? = or is it that one moment when the useless Bamford was available on Boxing day and Britt took it himself as he probably backed himself over Bamford to score and then he scored a beautie - then was dropped by Pullis for the seaside donkey? If remember rightly Bamford had already missed two absolute sitters too.

Pullis is crap, Bamford is crap and the Boro are crap -  we are absolutely doomed to watching this dross for at least 18 months - I'm almost certain I've died and gone to hell because thats what 90 mins of watching Boro is like.

COME BACK AK ALL IS FORGIVEN

Ok i accept that with them three but you are talking three great strikers for their respective clubs in the premier league, we are talking about a player that has never got out of the championship if memory serves me right and atm doesn't look like he wants to play for us. That Ak comment he is gone and he is the forest manager, let go theirs no guarantee if he hypothetically did come back we will be any better with them players that is out on the pitch atm.

Gestede is awful. We should be doing everything we can to get the most out of Britt, instead we are ploughing on with a player who has scored 4 goals in 37 appearances for us.

I agree with every word - its almost like Pullis is this God like manager and has come in with the attitude of - I like 6ft 6 strikers, you may have cost 15 mil and have scored more than the whole team combined but you've proved nowt to me!!!  So I will play the crap 6ft plus players I like who cant hit a cows backside with a banjo in until you show me what your worth - oh and by the way I will give you the last disjointed ten minutes of the occasional game after I've taken creative players off and you can prove it then!!

When I found out we were getting Pullis my stomach was in knots - who in their right mind thought he would be a good manager for us? 

To think I scoffed at bringing back Mowbray or McClaren - I've lost my mind I'm sure, I'm probably in a padded cell drugged up to the eyeballs and its all in my head while in reality Boro are still in the Prem and AK is pushing us for a European spot (and Alli Brownlee is still with us - at least he put a smile on my face )