oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem isn’t leaving Britt out as such but more the fact that we haven’t really got the players to play Pulis system. Gestede isn’t good enough alone when nobody beside him and Bamford isn’t anywhere near being a winger. I think we’d be far better off playing 4-4-2 with Bamford it britt next to Gestede. But that’s not going to happen because I don’t think Pulis has it in him to change.

Gestede is awful. We should be doing everything we can to get the most out of Britt, instead we are ploughing on with a player who has scored 4 goals in 37 appearances for us.

I agree with every word - its almost like Pullis is this God like manager and has come in with the attitude of - I like 6ft 6 strikers, you may have cost 15 mil and have scored more than the whole team combined but you've proved nowt to me!!!  So I will play the crap 6ft plus players I like who cant hit a cows backside with a banjo in until you show me what your worth - oh and by the way I will give you the last disjointed ten minutes of the occasional game after I've taken creative players off and you can prove it then!!

When I found out we were getting Pullis my stomach was in knots - who in their right mind thought he would be a good manager for us? 

To think I scoffed at bringing back Mowbray or McClaren - I've lost my mind I'm sure, I'm probably in a padded cell drugged up to the eyeballs and its all in my head while in reality Boro are still in the Prem and AK is pushing us for a European spot (and Alli Brownlee is still with us - at least he put a smile on my face )

Lets all just agree with you because you have a lot of anger and hate inside you. You made your point, hope your stomach gets better after our win.

I think there is a place for Britt, as long as he runs at the same time as Adama supports him as much as possible, stays in an onside position then bloody well takes his chances when they come because they will come at regular intervals, should be a walk in the park and he would probably be hitting over 20 goals by now

I think there is a place for Britt, as long as he runs at the same time as Adama supports him as much as possible, stays in an onside position then bloody well takes his chances when they come because they will come at regular intervals, should be a walk in the park and he would probably be hitting over 20 goals by now

yes your right britt needs to stop being a numbscull on the pitch and he'll score a load by just doing things straightforward. 

i remember reading on forest forum a forest fan saying wonder if they(boro fans) will still think he's worth it when he go's missing for a few months. seems britt has a habit of going missing/forgetting hes a footballer.

How many of our goals under Pulis have come directly or indirectly from Gestede's hold up play?

Not specifically related to hold-up play, but he's contributed to:

Howson's leveller at Preston, indirectly (This one is a bit of a push but TBF I don't think Britt wins the header)

Scores the first and causes the havoc with the keeper that leads to the 2nd v Sunderland in the cup

Directly assists Traore's goal at QPR

So 4 out of 10 goals scored under Pulis have in some way involved Gestede.

That a***st some other good chances he's created and had:

Head down to Howson v Villa

Shot from range at Preston

Chest down for Braithwaite in Sunderland cup game

Shot cleared off the line at QPR

Header well saved at QPR

Hold-up play set up Traore for cross to Bamford which he should have scored v Reading

Watching all those highlights, Britt had a header against Sheffield Wednesday. I'm pretty sure they missed the one out which was really awkward for him, can't remember which game it was in (I just remember there being a debate about whether he should have scored it or not).

Well we must be in a bad way because we got a win and still the forum is divided. Fact more than it ever was. Possibly the results have not matured as was hoped they would. It’s hard to judge Pulis because we are still in our usual new year slump but I’ll state I’m no fan of his. I don’t see why SG believes our future lies with him, I’m baffled but there again SG has made some strange decisions. Hell I can’t belive I said that, should I have said that. Now I feel guilty. Like I said before as long as we play well and win more than we loose, does it matter.

With Assombalonga we have a very simple choice. Build him up or continue to tear him down. Which do you think is going to be better for our season?

Why is that just with Assombalonga?

Because Gestede has never shown anything for us, Britt has.

Don’t think it necessarily needs to be Britt v Gestede. Although I really want Britt to start the next few. Gestede hasn’t showed a massive amount in the games he’s started, and I think with Britt he’s just rock bottom on confidence, he’ll score a goal then hopefully bang a few in.

With Assombalonga we have a very simple choice. Build him up or continue to tear him down. Which do you think is going to be better for our season?

Literally just went through and showed how much better Gestede has been in terms of our chances created since Pulis came in but alright.

Literally just went through and showed how much better Gestede has been in terms of our chances created since Pulis came in but alright.

You included two that were fairly tenuous. He has 4 goals in 37 appearances for us.