oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

So basically Pulis isn't pragmatic enough because he won't play the formation that the fans want.

Karanka was stubborn because he wouldn't play 4-4-2 and Monk was no good because he changed the team too much. :)

Another thought maybe Pulis thinks this is the best system to get results? Id rather that we were more positive but I dont think changing personnel or systems will make much difference overall. Not with this group of players.

How's that working out?

I also disagree. I think we have (or did have) a top quality squad that's been criminally under-managed.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically Pulis isn't pragmatic enough because he won't play the formation that the fans want.

Karanka was stubborn because he wouldn't play 4-4-2 and Monk was no good because he changed the team too much.

Another thought maybe Pulis thinks this is the best system to get results? Id rather that we were more positive but I dont think changing personnel or systems will make much difference overall. Not with this group of players.

I’ve seen nothing from Britt since pullis came that says we should change our way of playing for him.

Exactly he's been useless, the fact that Britt can't hold down a place says more about his form than Pulis's lack of pragmatism.

Especially when the man keeping him out is a big cart horse.

Karanka was stubborn because he wouldn't play 4-4-2 and Monk was no good because he changed the team too much. :)

How's that working out?

I also disagree. I think we have (or did have) a top quality squad that's been criminally under-managed.

So if we start Britt/go 442 or whatever it is everyone wants we'll suddenly start winning every game?

If you want to complain about entertainment I'll agree with you, I just don't see another way of playing which is gonna drastically improve results.

There are a 101 different ways of setting up and playing the game. I'm no professional coach but i recognise a talented bunch of players at this level when i see one and individually we have a squad of very talented Championship players.

FWIW between Bamford, Britt and Gestede we have a strikeforce that should be the envy of the league. Does any other team have close to that level of talent on form? I think there'd be few that can hold a candle.

There are a 101 different ways of setting up and playing the game. I'm no professional coach but i recognise a talented bunch of players at this level when i see one and individually we have a squad of very talented Championship players.

FWIW between Bamford, Britt and Gestede we have a strikeforce that should be the envy of the league. Does any other team have close to that level of talent on form? I think there'd be few that can hold a candle.

If you read back a few pages I think you’ll find gestede and bamford are useless

I still think writing off Harrison before we’ve seen him is a bad move. Yes he’s in pre season but he should be ready now so we will see soon

I'm not writing him off I'm just underwhelmed and think we should have done better in a department where we massively needed an improvement. What was the point in loaning out Tavernier and bringing in Harrison?

If you read back a few pages I think you’ll find gestede and bamford are useless

Bamford is useless on the wing there can be no doubt about that. Up front noone can really have an idea because he hasn't really played up there since he was with us three years ago. And Gestede is a donkey who can head a ball ;)

Useless on a good day played the Pullis way, Gestede was probably the reason Rhodes ran amock with goals at Blackburn, Bamford played his best as a lone striker for us and Britt has enough goals already and previous form  to show he has it when the attack is lined up top supply him the ammo, but for us they are all useless when played the way pullis wants to play - I believe we should play Gestede alongside Britt and they would compliment each other - Paddy still needs to find his form as he has been useless at best in front of goal but if the other two click and start scoring it will give Paddy the chance to come on without the pressue and hopefully find his past form.

I, once again agree with Humpty, if those three were played correctly to their strengths then Championship defences should be terrified instead of strolling around laughing at us. 

I'm no football manager but I can spot an arrogant, stubborn man who won't change his ways when I see one and I see one in charge at Boro.

The fact he hasn't shored the defence up even though hes sacrificed attacking players to do so in his line up since he joined is worrying seeing as hes touted as this defensive mastermind, then theres our attack or complete lack thereof - how lucky is Pullis that the real Traore is finally turning up because if not for him Sat would have been another loss and they were woeful.

Gestede's a donkey.  Humpty would know that if he went to the games.

In what way is Tony Pulis an arrogant person?

He demands everyone bow to him whenever he enters a room.  Even at home.

He also got his wife a full wall mural of himself in their living room for Christmas.

In what way is Tony Pulis an arrogant person?

He demands everyone bow to him whenever he enters a room.  Even at home.

He also got his wife a full wall mural of himself in their living room for Christmas.

I hope that's true :D