oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

In what way is Tony Pulis an arrogant person?

He demands everyone bow to him whenever he enters a room.  Even at home.

He also got his wife a full wall mural of himself in their living room for Christmas.

I hope that's true :D

Naked but still wearing his cap?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a 101 different ways of setting up and playing the game. I'm no professional coach but i recognise a talented bunch of players at this level when i see one and individually we have a squad of very talented Championship players.

FWIW between Bamford, Britt and Gestede we have a strikeforce that should be the envy of the league. Does any other team have close to that level of talent on form? I think there'd be few that can hold a candle.

If you read back a few pages I think you’ll find gestede and bamford are useless

Useless on a good day played the Pullis way, Gestede was probably the reason Rhodes ran amock with goals at Blackburn, Bamford played his best as a lone striker for us and Britt has enough goals already and previous form  to show he has it when the attack is lined up top supply him the ammo, but for us they are all useless when played the way pullis wants to play - I believe we should play Gestede alongside Britt and they would compliment each other - Paddy still needs to find his form as he has been useless at best in front of goal but if the other two click and start scoring it will give Paddy the chance to come on without the pressue and hopefully find his past form.

I, once again agree with Humpty, if those three were played correctly to their strengths then Championship defences should be terrified instead of strolling around laughing at us. 

I'm no football manager but I can spot an arrogant, stubborn man who won't change his ways when I see one and I see one in charge at Boro.

The fact he hasn't shored the defence up even though hes sacrificed attacking players to do so in his line up since he joined is worrying seeing as hes touted as this defensive mastermind, then theres our attack or complete lack thereof - how lucky is Pullis that the real Traore is finally turning up because if not for him Sat would have been another loss and they were woeful.

So it's Pulis to blame for the strikers being out of form but when Traore finds his form Pulis is lucky?

He also got his wife a full wall mural of himself in their living room for Christmas.

That's how he did his job interview.

Which head is he wearing it on?

Which head is he wearing it on?

wenger-smile.gif

With his willy replaced by Peter Crouch to serve as a subtle brag and also a hint to Gibson

just a quick comment about ugly wins, for those not convinced about our prospects. ''they get you 3 points''

ugly wins are progress imo

We're not even getting them regularly at the minute though are we?

Pulis is here to address more than the playing squad.

He is making us fit for the long term. Weeding out the unnecessary things, im sure that's what was said when he came on board? Assessing Boro?

If players wanted to leave in January, why would he want to work with them? Let them go. The squad is much better for it.

I like Pulis and the fact he sticks to his principles. Like Karanka, defensively we are better. We lose games because we don't take our chances rather than defensive errors. Hopefully when they do take their chances it will be a winning formula.

The irony is that only Gestede fits his system but the goalscoring chances would be scored if they want to Bamford or Britt more often than not.

Keep the faith. Play offs this season and then Britt can be a hero when he scores the winner at Wembley via a Bamford throughball.

He is making us fit for the long term. Weeding out the unnecessary things, im sure that's what was said when he came on board? Assessing Boro?

If players wanted to leave in January, why would he want to work with them? Let them go. The squad is much better for it.

I like Pulis and the fact he sticks to his principles. Like Karanka, defensively we are better. We lose games because we don't take our chances rather than defensive errors. Hopefully when they do take their chances it will be a winning formula.

The irony is that only Gestede fits his system but the goalscoring chances would be scored if they want to Bamford or Britt more often than not.

Keep the faith. Play offs this season and then Britt can be a hero when he scores the winner at Wembley via a Bamford throughball.

Yes!

Yes! hic 

hmm