oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

We're not better defensively under Pulis no matter how often people repeat it. Right now it's simply not true. We weren't conceding that often under Monk really. We've arguably become more defensive under Pulis with the switch from Christie to Shotton at right back but this hasn't resulted in us conceding fewer goals really. Maybe it will over time but not so far.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what we've seen so far, I don't think 'ugly wins' are going to be joined by any other kind of win under Pulis. As long as we do win, I don't really mind. A win is a win.

I could get on board with that in the Prem to an extend but being one of the best resourced clubs in the championship I’m demanding more.

Pulis is here to address more than the playing squad.

He is making us fit for the long term. Weeding out the unnecessary things, im sure that's what was said when he came on board? Assessing Boro?

If players wanted to leave in January, why would he want to work with them? Let them go. The squad is much better for it.

I like Pulis and the fact he sticks to his principles. Like Karanka, defensively we are better. We lose games because we don't take our chances rather than defensive errors. Hopefully when they do take their chances it will be a winning formula.

The irony is that only Gestede fits his system but the goalscoring chances would be scored if they want to Bamford or Britt more often than not.

Keep the faith. Play offs this season and then Britt can be a hero when he scores the winner at Wembley via a Bamford throughball.

Yes! hic 

hmm

❤️

Based on what we've seen so far, I don't think 'ugly wins' are going to be joined by any other kind of win under Pulis. As long as we do win, I don't really mind. A win is a win.

I could get on board with that in the Prem to an extend but being one of the best resourced clubs in the championship I’m demanding more.

Is it easy to translate nice football into ugly football between divisions? I'm not so sure but I might be wrong. Bournemouth and Burnley come to mind in that what took them up has pretty much kept them up and neither has changed tack.

We're not better defensively under Pulis no matter how often people repeat it. Right now it's simply not true. We weren't conceding that often under Monk really. We've arguably become more defensive under Pulis with the switch from Christie to Shotton at right back but this hasn't resulted in us conceding fewer goals really. Maybe it will over time but not so far.

Monks last 7 league games we conceded 10 goal.

Pulis first 7 league games we conceded 6

We’ve improved a bit(well conceded less) :)

Monks last 7 league games we conceded 10 goal.

Pulis first 7 league games we conceded 6

We’ve improved a bit(well conceded less) :)

Stick that in your pipe and...

How many points did we get from each 7 games?

9 points Monk last 7

10 points with Pulis

Oh dear.... the stats are not supporting the Pulis haters......

9 points Monk last 7

10 points with Pulis

Why are we only looking at 7 games?

Monk managed us for 23 league games in total.  We scored 30 (1.3 pg) and conceded 23 (1.0 pg).  Pulis so far has managed us for 7 league games in total.  We have scored 8 (1.14 pg) and conceded 6 (0.86 pg).  Essentially what we gained from one we've lost from another but there's no way anyone can state there's been a significant change in our defensive record so far.  Maybe by the end of the season it will be but not just yet.

Monk in his 23 games gained 35 points (1.52 pg).  Pulis from his 7 games so far has 10 points (1.43 pg).  If we'd actually improved don't you think we'd have climbed the table?  We were 9th when Monk was sacked, we're 9th today.  We were 3 points outside the play offs when Monk was sacked, today we're 4 points outside the play offs. 

Yeah, take that Pulis haters!   :huh: :dodgy:

9 points Monk last 7

10 points with Pulis

Monk managed us for 23 league games in total.  We scored 30 (1.3 pg) and conceded 23 (1.0 pg).  Pulis so far has managed us for 7 league games in total.  We have scored 8 (1.14 pg) and conceded 6 (0.86 pg).  Essentially what we gained from one we've lost from another but there's no way anyone can state there's been a significant change in our defensive record so far.  Maybe by the end of the season it will be but not just yet.

Monk in his 23 games gained 35 points (1.52 pg).  Pulis from his 7 games so far has 10 points (1.43 pg).  If we'd actually improved don't you think we'd have climbed the table?  We were 9th when Monk was sacked, we're 9th today.  We were 3 points outside the play offs when Monk was sacked, today we're 4 points outside the play offs. 

Clutching at straws a bit?

9 points Monk last 7

10 points with Pulis

I dare say that CT probably got a higher grade than Duval in Statistics at GCSE...

9 points Monk last 7

10 points with Pulis

I dare say that CT probably got a higher grade than Duval in Statistics at GCSE...

Keith has a degree in Maths.

He taught it for a few years.

But it all ended badly.