oneBoro Forum
Randy Sandwich

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

"but he is doing a good job in making us more boring for the forseeable future."

see what did I say up there? Spoken by a Dane.... They rather lose with 3-4 then win 1-0 :-P

You should have changed your allegiances to West Brom when Pulis was in charge for two years, you would have loved watching them lol

one dont change teams.... But yes I did like them, and I liked Stoke too :)

I know Sweden isn't exactly the cradle of fun, but jesus christ  :P

well what can I say, I like hard working teams, that sweat and fight.

I am the same with men, I prefer a man with rough hands and smell like a man and not a dandy with silk hands who smell like roses.....

Pre-season really is a magical time, isn't it? :)

yeah :) its when you set the basics and put a team together.....

Not saying we did that, but thats how it suppose to be

It's a completely pointless comparison whichever '7 games' we choose to use.

Because Monk's record is better?

Because Monk had a pre season and new players for 50 millions :-P

Had we gone with Pulis from start and given him that we would had been smashing the league

:-P

And Pulis had the same 50 million players and even had the chance to look back at the teams performances over the last half season to see where needs changing. Something that should give a much better base for opinion than a hand full of meaningless friendlies.

All this just affirms that it's impossible to say whether Pulis is a better choice. We'll have to look at where we are at christmas after he has been over the squad and changes in the summer.

It's a completely pointless comparison whichever '7 games' we choose to use.

Because Monk's record is better?

Because Monk had a pre season and new players for 50 millions :-P

Had we gone with Pulis from start and given him that we would had been smashing the league

:-P

No we wouldn't be smashing the league, Wolves would still be the team doing that.

omg how depressing all people are in here......

Or honest.

same crap.....

Yeh but I'll still be renewing my season ticket like I always do every year, regardless.

I know, they proper do me head in  :@

Cheer up ya miserable so and so's!

Or honest.

same crap.....

Yeh but I'll still be renewing my season ticket like I always do every year, regardless.

I'm not doing that like  :cool:

• Latest Posts

• To be awkward, because, well, I am awkward, I decided not to include the Premier League season.  Being honest about it, Negredo is easily the best forward from this decade in terms of quality.  Even players like Chambers, Fischer, Espinosa, would probably walk into many of the teams we fielded over the decade.  Given that many of those players did bugger all really, I don't want to pick them so it's Championship players only.                Randolph Fabio  Ayala Gibson Friend          Clayton Leadbitter                  Robson Adomah                Ramirez                 Bamford   It was tougher than I thought really.  GK was easy enough for me as it was really between Randolph and Given and Randolph has been pretty much our best, most consistent player since he signed for us.  Right back was a toughy.  I don't think any of them were especially good for any length of time.  I almost snuck Rhys Williams in there to get him into the side but he wasn't that good as a right back so I didn't.  Hoyte, McMahon, Varga, Fredericks, Kalas, Nsue, Christie, Fabio, Shotton, Howson.  In the end I cheated slightly and selected Fabio as I think he was probably the better player out of that lot.  Nsue probably should have been chosen though as he played more games.  Central defenders speak for themselves.  Maybe could have looked at Williams here because when he was fit, healthy and on top of his game, he was a good player or Wheater before he left but they are not in the same class as that partnership was for us.  Friend is obvious at left back, great value signing and played for a lot of the decade. In midfield, I was a big fan of Robson and would have liked to see him playing in better sides.  I think he'd have done ok for Karanka for example.  But you also have to respect the job that Leadbitter and Clayton did as well so I ended up selecting all three.  I didn't think that the likes of Arca, Butterfield, Whitehead, Bailey, McEachran or the more recent lot had done enough to get into the side. The attacking players were a bit tricky as well.  Adomah I would say is the easiest choice as he did well for us over 3 seasons.  Bamford is the best striker I've seen playing for us in the Championship so would have to select him ahead of Lita, McDonald, Emnes, Juke, Nugent, Assombalonga etc.  I didn't like selecting Ramirez as he only had a 6 month spell with us in the Championship and I think he's a *** but he did have a big impact in that time and he was a good player.  I suppose Tomlin, Traore, and one or two others might have cause to grumble about not being selected but I feel Ramirez had a bigger impact than them. I reckon that team gets promoted fairly comfortably.
    • Well, I'd guess Assombalonga, Randolph, Fry, McNair, Tavernier would probably have higher values than say Ayala, Howson, Shotton, Clayton etc given contract lengths and ages.  So I'm assuming the first group is where the sales would come from if it's highest fees were looking for rather than the second group?
    • Why highly probably? Its certainly possible. But not highly probable. Were 9/4 to go down, so the bookies clearly arent convinced. there currently are 4 teams below us and a few within touching distance above us. People are in hysteria because weve been poor without even considering that there are likely to be 3 poorer teams than us in the division as the results have shown so far.
    • Boro cutting costs and strikers signed from Scotland.  I feel like I've seen this one before 🤔