oneBoro Forum

Boro V Reading 2-1 (Traore (2) Britt misses penalty)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Bamford's role on the wing is necessarily providing width or crosses. He's more likely been asked to play some kind of inside forward of sorts with Traore causing havoc.

I mean.. if we see the 'old' Traore massively misplacing crosses then maybe Bamford is clever enough to anticipate that.

EDIT: 4-1 Boro. Bamford x2, Traore x1.. aaaand Downing FK.

Edit x2: And Shotton O.G

EDIT x3: Own Goal that is. Not original gangster in spite of Shotton's best effort to resemble a modern American gangster.

❤️

I’m not inspired to make an effort to listen nor watch but to be fair that has dissipated over the years. I get a lift when we do well but I don’t get so despondent as I use to when we don’t. I suppose after + 40 years of blind faith, slowly it dawns that maybe we are not as good as you want to be and we won’t ever become the team one hopes to be. But once the immune system strengthens the bad days don’t seem so depressing. So what I would like to see is a team that players well and wins a few more than loosing.

You must have slept through the 90s

Explain why?

That's got to be a contender for worst backpass of the season.

i'm at work have no commentary and you give this vague description, damn you lol

Sorry, a reading player received the ball and proceeded to blast it back at his keeper and over his own bar from the left hand side of the pitch.

As soon as I say that, Reading forge the best opportunity of the game. Blazed high and wide from the edge of the box but still the best chance we've seen so far.

Then we have a decent chance at the other end, Downing shot just wide.

That's got to be a contender for worst backpass of the season.

i'm at work have no commentary and you give this vague description, damn you lol

Sorry, a reading player received the ball and proceeded to blast it back at his keeper and over his own bar from the left hand side of the pitch.

:D  i remember seeing frank sinclair do that legendary pass back into his own net from 40 yards. never forget that, the keeper turned and looked at his fuming. thought we'd go one and win by a few but Leicester did okay and it stayed 1-0 all game.

• Latest Posts

• Last I heard Maguire wasn't gonna make it. I just read he might not even play in any of the group games. Honestly, let's say we get through the group with aplomb, do you even bring him back in after that? Is he good enough to justify it? I guess it depends on the individual performances of Mings, White or Coady. It's quite hard to predict the first team for this game. Pickford, Walker, Stones, Rice and Kane are the only ones really that I'd be pretty convinced of.  The Independent has had a guess at what looks like a 4-2-3-1: Pickford Walker Stones Mings Shaw Rice Phillips Sterling Mount Grealish Kane
    • I'm so happy to read considered opinions on the subject, i must admit I've been lazy and only getting my boro chat from the Gazette website comments sections recently which are jam packed with very very dubious posts about politics and Marxism and subverting everything that is english by taking the knee.   I'm very interested to see what happens, if an england player scores then takes the knee. The perma outraged booing mob will be conflicted af and so I'm sure it's going to happen.    Reading comments here has restored my faith fair play to oneboro, I will not stray again...    living in NZ now so I'm excited about the euros, but not enough to watch at 1am with work in the morning!    in the past I was always excited, then we'd do rubbish, so I lost hope, then just fudge through the group stages and start to look up for it in the knockout phase getting me excited again only to crash out in controversial or underwhelming performance circumstances.   now it's fair to say I get more excited as the tournament wears on, always with a shield around my heart in case we get knocked out by a hand of god or uncounted goal that bounced a yard behind the line. we had a bit of luck in '66, but I think we've paid for it ever since.   a young squad with a lot of potential and a very intelligent manager, I'm hoping we put on a show for everyone.   UTB and come on england!
    • It's been all over the place since Eindhoven.
    • we realy don't know how the club operates behind the scene.    
    • im guessing you are trying the same tactic as me - end up at that bottom and then in the knockout stages swoop to eliminate a top seed!!!