oneBoro Forum

Tough at the top and tougher to get there?

Pulis' man management of Adama has been great, but his man management of our strikers has been atrocious.

Everyone knows Assombalonga is not a clinical striker. He needs at least three goal scoring chances to score one goal (though his power and pace means he does get into goal scoring positions more often than the average Championship striker).

Everyone knows Gestede's qualities, which do not include the words 'natural goalscorer'.

What good does it do when the manager berates our finishing? They're not missing on purpose.

It stinks of deflection. Pulis is obsessed with a flat back four and set pieces. He won't commit midfielders forward or consider a second striker. These are things that other teams do that help their forwards.

Pulis treated Rondon the same at West Brom, regularly criticising him even though he was completely isolated up front. It deflected from the lack of goals, which is the responsibility of the entire team, not just one player.

Just get on with it Tony and make the best out of what you've got, because the way you're currently acting is only destroying confidence.

Either that or clone the 2009-2010 Didier Drogba, because that's the only thing that's going to make you happy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulis' man management of Adama has been great, but his man management of our strikers has been atrocious.

Everyone knows Assombalonga is not a clinical striker. He needs at least three goal scoring chances to score one goal (though his power and pace means he does get into goal scoring positions more often than the average Championship striker).

Everyone knows Gestede's qualities, which do not include the words 'natural goalscorer'.

What good does it do when the manager berates our finishing? They're not missing on purpose.

It stinks of deflection. Pulis is obsessed with a flat back four and set pieces. He won't commit midfielders forward or consider a second striker. These are things that other teams do that help their forwards.

Pulis treated Rondon the same at West Brom, regularly criticising him even though he was completely isolated up front. It deflected from the lack of goals, which is the responsibility of the entire team, not just one player.

Just get on with it Tony and make the best out of what you've got, because the way you're currently acting is only destroying confidence.

Either that or clone the 2009-2010 Didier Drogba, because that's the only thing that's going to make you happy.

Has Pulis actually berated Assombalonga? What did he say?

He told our 15 million pound forward with no goals in the last 7 games he needed to score more

He told our 15 million pound forward with no goals in the last 7 games he needed to score more

Wow, how mean of him  :D

At least Pulis didn't rub it in Britt's face by citing Gestede as a great example of how to do it.  :D

Rather sad that we are getting more and more reliant on Adama!

I don’t think it’s sad at all. All teams want a stand out player. Barca don’t think it’s sad that they rely on messi so much

I don’t think it’s sad at all. All teams want a stand out player.  Barca don’t think it’s sad that they rely on messi so much

Did they - seriouslythey relied solely on Messi? I think Iniesta, Suarez, xavi and the likes weren't too bad either.

I think DS is thinking like I am, not that its sad we're relying on him but sad that he is all we have. In one game he passed Gestede and Bamford in goals scored this season - that is why it is sad, he has to score another ten to pass Britt who can't get a start - that to me is why it is sad.

I don’t think it’s sad at all. All teams want a stand out player.  Barca don’t think it’s sad that they rely on messi so much

Did they - seriouslythey relied solely on Messi? I think Iniesta, Suarez, xavi and the likes weren't too bad either.

I think DS is thinking like I am, not that its sad we're relying on him but sad that he is all we have. In one game he passed Gestede and Bamford in goals scored this season - that is why it is sad, he has to score another ten to pass Britt who can't get a start - that to me is why it is sad.

This totally this :-/

Also from now on watch how teams defend against him making his contributions limited, now normally you would expect others to step up an take advantage of this but hand on heart and as it stands at the moment we do not seem to have that availability due to recent departures.

But I suppose new players could step up.............I suppose

Also from now on watch how teams defend against him making his contributions limited, now normally you would expect others to step up an take advantage of this but hand on heart and as it stands at the moment we do not seem to have that availability due to recent departures.

Barca don’t rely solely on messi of course not there are 11 players in a team but without him they wouldn’t be the same team as spurs wouldn’t be without Kane and we wouldn’t be without traore. But that’s not a bad thing And are we really reliant on traore. Ayala has scored more hasn’t he

Of course we are right now, in an attacking sense. The last game is a particularly good example. Traore scored two very, very individual goals at the weekend. The team as a whole contributed very little to either goal. I was watching it thinking the game was just going to peter out and all of a sudden, one rocket later we're in front. Not saying Reading definitely would have scored without us having scored 2 to begin with but that's at least 2 points dropped without Traore's pretty much entirely individual attacking effort.

Barca don’t rely solely on messi of course not there are 11 players in a team but without him they wouldn’t be the same team as spurs wouldn’t be without Kane and we wouldn’t be without traore. But that’s not a bad thing And are we really reliant on traore. Ayala has scored more hasn’t he

I get what you're trying to say I just think picking one of the greatest "teams"

Ever assembled and saying the relied on one player is a reach - maybe Argentina without Maradona or Cardiff without Robin Friday is a better example? ;-)