oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff (A) 0-1

Was lovely to see Britt put a pic on Instagram today to receive nothing but abuse from Boro fans. What a sad, sorry state of affairs.

It puts the player under more pressure, they play worse and then receive more abuse. Even aside from that fact, why do you want to abuse a person you've never met...

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Was lovely to see Britt put a pic on Instagram today to receive nothing but abuse from Boro fans. What a sad, sorry state of affairs.

Can't be much if any worse than the ***e Gestede got for getting lucky with an appeal which he no doubt had very little if any impact on. Not condoning it of course, it's pathetic regardless of who they call out, nobody is disrespecting the badge. He's hardly Gaston Ramirez...

It puts the player under more pressure, they play worse and then receive more abuse. Even aside from that fact, why do you want to abuse a person you've never met...

It seems to be the "modern day way" - if he wants to go when he decides hes not liked or wanted he will get abuse too, I don't know who these "fans" are but one thing I will say is when you play at home (your fortress) one thing you don't - or shouldn't do in my opinion is be a twelfth man for the opposition by destroying what confidence your players have left by barracking them on social media and booing them on the pitch - I'm lost for words (or can't really say them on a family forum) as to what I think of these people, but "fans" - "true supporters through thick and thin"? - give me a break!

Wouldn't worry about it if I was Britt, in any case he'll be at another club at the start of next season, should be big enough to shrug it off..

No can't say that I hold a candle on Boro getting a win, the only likelihood of that is if we score first and that really has to be the biggest IF!

Getting a point would be useful with the sequence of games to follow.

Hope to see some of you there!

Been to many Cardiff games this season and if we can get an early goal we could win this.. Their fans aren't the most vocal and can be pretty negative when things aren't going their way

that sounds familiar  :D

Gavin Friday.....,.the best player than never was, now he was a complex and interesting character.

Especially complex given that his name was Robin  :D

Haha, that kitbag story :)

I think we will see the same unimaginative lineup as last time out. It'll be the ineffective big Gestede up front and Bamford out of position to try his best at creating nothing. I don't think we have it in us to win so 0-0 will be a good result, but I think Cardiff will nick a 1-0 win. Really wich I could get excited about the game but I just can't see us doing anything. The only positive is that Cardiff will hopefully try to attack leaving some space behind. But I'm sure that Warnock will be smart enough to try and close down Traore at every possibility and that will then be it for us.

Really bleak on here considering we won our last game. Hardly surprising that the optimists like Red Rocket and KM don't come on anymore.

Wanted to go to this one but sadly can't make it anymore.. Think it'll be a tough game, Cardiff have been solid all season and seem to have shrugged off their blip in form.

Reckon we'll play the same line-up apart from the possible introduction of Besic. Head says 2-0 to Cardiff, but if we can score first then even a point away there will be decent.

Really bleak on here considering we won our last game. Hardly surprising that the optimists like Red Rocket and KM don't come on anymore.

I suppose that's what a disappointing season does to you. I used to be very positive going into almost every game, but the way we play and the way Pulis sets us up I just don't think we are too difficult to play against. Every manager will know we haven't got a threat down the left hand side and Gestede isn't likely to score when presented with the odd chance. Our attacking midfielder in Downing isn't a goal threat either and is in there to distribute the ball. Our only two threats are Traore and Howson breaking forward, and Howson has hardly been a regular supplier of goals. In our current state we are way too easy to set up against and it really pains me to admit.