• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Really bleak on here considering we won our last game. Hardly surprising that the optimists like Red Rocket and KM don't come on anymore.

I suppose that's what a disappointing season does to you. I used to be very positive going into almost every game, but the way we play and the way Pulis sets us up I just don't think we are too difficult to play against. Every manager will know we haven't got a threat down the left hand side and Gestede isn't likely to score when presented with the odd chance. Our attacking midfielder in Downing isn't a goal threat either and is in there to distribute the ball. Our only two threats are Traore and Howson breaking forward, and Howson has hardly been a regular supplier of goals. In our current state we are way too easy to set up against and it really pains me to admit.

I suppose you are making sense, but I feel like people are giving our season a postmortem before it's even over. We're 4 points off the playoffs with a run of 5 very winnable games after Cardiff. 

I understand that people think we won't make the playoffs - I'm one of them - but I'm still going to stay positive until we're mathematically out of the race!

Really bleak on here considering we won our last game. Hardly surprising that the optimists like Red Rocket and KM don't come on anymore.

I suppose that's what a disappointing season does to you. I used to be very positive going into almost every game, but the way we play and the way Pulis sets us up I just don't think we are too difficult to play against. Every manager will know we haven't got a threat down the left hand side and Gestede isn't likely to score when presented with the odd chance. Our attacking midfielder in Downing isn't a goal threat either and is in there to distribute the ball. Our only two threats are Traore and Howson breaking forward, and Howson has hardly been a regular supplier of goals. In our current state we are way too easy to set up against and it really pains me to admit.

I suppose you are making sense, but I feel like people are giving our season a postmortem before it's even over. We're 4 points off the playoffs with a run of 5 very winnable games after Cardiff. 

I understand that people think we won't make the playoffs - I'm one of them - but I'm still going to stay positive until we're mathematically out of the race!

I'll probably be postitive for the upcoming games after the Cardiff game, but I just think that Warnock is clever enough to know how to beat us and they are doing very well. We have seen too many times this season that we can't beat the top teams. And like you I refuse to write off the season as the teams in front of us are hardly in great form either and have some tough upcoming games. Over the next 5-6 games we have a good opportunity to get into the playoffs, but I can't see us getting much on saturday.

For me it's usually when match-day comes around that the positivity comes back. During the week, all you can do is go over what happened in the last game or the last few games and decide how it could go. I don't think there's a great deal to go on in that respect. I'd say in a way we were fortunate to win the last game because we were playing a really bad side and even then only just scraped it. That doesn't help!

But anything can happen. Nobody knows exactly how the season will play out. So come match-day, you're damn right I'll put my positive hat on and cheer the boys on as best as I can!

I really don’t understand people giving in on getting in to the top six , as you said we won our last game we are only 4 points off the playoffs , listening to some we should take every team below us and cancel their games just play the games with the top 8 teams that way we can finish the season a couple of moths early and start the next one ASAP

I mean 4 points it’s two wins it’s just abject surrender

I'm usually very optimistic when it comes to Boro - I just think this last 18 months has made it difficult to get excited and therefore optimistic. We have a new manager who feels our best chance of scoring is in our two goal Donkey rather than a striker who scored 30 in 47 at Forest and 12 in half a season for us - also sticks with Bamford who is clearly struggling and then he stated in an interview "Britt needs to prove himself to me" - when exactly did Bamford or Gestede prove them selves Tony?

If he doesn't like Britt but as he has stated many times is also so concerned about wasting the clubs money, then try to get Britt playing so you can sell him and actually get some of the money we invested in him back - who knows - he might even score - not that I'm an expert but his record certainly suggests he can.

As much as I'm over the moon that Traore has come to the party its also very worrying that hes our only hope - I remember when our squad was assembled and the fire power we had was impressive - yet after one transfer window you wonder where the goals will come from?

I really wish TP had something to give me optimism and hope - so I will wait till I see the team tomorrow and cross my fingers - team I'd like to see;-

Randolph

Shotton Ayala Gibson Freind

Traore Besic Howson Downing

Assombalonga Bamford

If he actually plays that team I will shut up, re fill my half empty glass and go for my usual 8-0 to the Boro.

As I have mentioned I am just very pleased that we are not in the same situation as both Hull and Sunderland because we could have been.

Moving ahead plenty to be positive about and I know our "donkeys" could turn into thoroughbreds if only they move and support Traore when he is attacking and picking up the pieces and being available for that telling cross coming into the box.

Perhaps Bamford/Britt/Gestede could move in unison from now on because the chances will come as we have seen so many times so far

For me, i haven't seen us come close to clicking. We've got a lot to do and even if we don't achieve top 6 we haven't done well against the top sides this season anyway.

Self-preservation i suppose. Been here before and it all ends in tears.

Look it should be half full at the moment as despite ourselves we are still in touching distance of the play-offs

Traore has started to turn from a sprinter into a footballer and if he continues as he is at the moment will be flogged for a massive price in the summer

We are solid at the back - Yes it is like watching paint dry but no-one is going to do us

We are creating lots of chances - Yes the forwards are missing them but if they manage to click then we could have an interesting last few months of the season

Of course we could plod along like we are now , Win one Lose one , but I feel fairly (if not over) confident that Pulis will get enough of a tune out of the squad in the last 15 or so games

3-1 tomorrow with Adama , Ayala and Britt notching

For me, i haven't seen us come close to clicking. We've got a lot to do and even if we don't achieve top 6 we haven't done well against the top sides this season anyway.

Self-preservation i suppose. Been here before and it all ends in tears.

No, I don't think we have either, and yet we're still in the mix. The thing with having good players, I suppose, is that even if they are underperforming, they still tend to be better than the opposition, particularly in a Championship as poor as this one. 

We could honestly fluke our way into the playoffs, simply be not being as bad as some of the teams around us.

Of course, if we do manage to click, then that would be much nicer.

I was at the millwall - cardiff game last week and I think Cardiff will cause us a lot of trouble going forwards, however they were pretty hopeless at the back and struggled to contain millwall in midfield. Millwall were direct (not long, just fast) which how I think TP wants us to play, so we might see some joy against them. We need to use the space provided though when Adama is double or triple marked, play it quickly to the other side or have someone lined up outside the box to have a pop. We should have space elsewhere on the pitch. I think we'll draw it.

Look it should be half full at the moment as despite ourselves we are still in touching distance of the play-offs

Traore has started to turn from a sprinter into a footballer and if he continues as he is at the moment will be flogged for a massive price in the summer

We are sold at the back - Yes it is like watching paint dry but no-one is going to do us

We are creating lots of chances - Yes the forwards are missing them but if they manage to click then we could have an interesting last few months of the season

Of course we could plod along like we are now , Win one Lose one , but I feel fairly (if not over) confident that Pulis will get enough of a tune out of the squad in the last 15 or so games

3-1 tomorrow with Adama , Ayala and Britt notching

Your glass is half full if you believe it's going to come good. I don't.