• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I may receive criticism for this but if we get a penalty again at the weekend i hope Britt Assombalonga or Rudy Gestede takes it, it will be a chance for them to score and if they do score it will breed confidence in them and hopefully they will go on a run.

If we are going to reach the play-offs we need our main strikers to start scoring.

for the weekend i would still like to see an Rudy and Britt partnership, moving downing to the wing to provide early crosses for them. imo Downing does not suit the number 10 role he seems to go hunting for the ball all over the pitch and abandons the role. Bamford has done much on the wing so would drop him. I haven't seen Besic play to say if he warrants a start or not but if we are to play 2 in the centre i don't think Leadbitter would have the legs to cope, so i would start with Clayton or Besic.

As long as we do not have Leadbitter and Clayton on the pitch at the same time (save the warm up) we just might have licence to be more attacking, which we need to do, we all know Boro have to score first!

I was under the impression he missed because he doesn't fit into Pulis' style of play

Without a doubt he’d have scored if he was taller

Pulis wanted Ayala to take it with his head

Can't we get Shotton to throw it into the goal.

Britt's penalty miss was complete garbage. He deserves a bit of stick for it.

Just like Benteke copped it for grabbing the ball and missing that peno for Palace. Benteke got stick publicly on MoTD.

At the end of the day the players are hailed as heroes when they do well, so fair enough if they get a bit of flack when they do something as incompetent as that penalty miss.

[Edit: I don't really use 'social media' not for personal promotion anyway. So if people are sending messages to a personal account of BA's, then that's obviously different from being criticised by a panel on Match of the Day.

I'm not suggesting that it's s good idea to have a witch hunt against our players by attacking their personal social media space.... but then I GUESS you have social media accounts because you want to be 'out there' and have people lauding you(??)..... so being shot down might sometimes come with the turf]??

Was lovely to see Britt put a pic on Instagram today to receive nothing but abuse from Boro fans. What a sad, sorry state of affairs.

What was the picture?

he's doing one of those sky live game poses with a smouldering look in his eyes holding an ea ball with boots behind him on boot racks wearing a red Boro training top.

So was the abuse about the picture or just him in general?  Missed penalties get a mention perhaps?

yeah him in general, people calling him a good for nothing rotten so and so and other unpleasantries.

Pulis will go for the direct approach and instruct the penalty taker to shoot directly at the goal. This method known as 'Pulisball' has been proven to be relatively successful but isn't popular with the football purists.

Pulis's predecessor Garry Monk preferred the penalty technique of passing the ball around the pitch several times before Darren Randolph scorpion kicked the attempt at goal. Although this method was pleasing on the eye at times it often left players and fans confused.

The debate rages about which penalty method is more successful and whether simply scoring a penalty is enough for the modern fan. When managers like Pep Guardiola can have penalty takers who can score AND entertain it raises the expectations of supporters.

Pulis will go for the direct approach and instruct the penalty taker to shoot directly at the goal. This method known as 'Pulisball' has been proven to be relatively successful but isn't popular with the football purists.

Pulis's predecessor Garry Monk preferred the penalty technique of passing the ball around the pitch several times before Darren Randolph scorpion kicked the attempt at goal. Although this method was pleasing on the eye at times it often left players and fans confused.

The debate rages about which penalty method is more successful and whether simply scoring a penalty is enough for the modern fan. When managers like Pep Guardiola can have penalty takers who can score AND entertain it raises the expectations of supporters.

Britts penalty was highly entertaining to be fair, had a touch of the Richard Pryor in See no evil, Hear no evil about it.

Britts penalty was highly entertaining to be fair, had a touch of the Richard Pryor in See no evil, Hear no evil about it.

I suppose it was if you like a bit of slapstick humour.

Just like Benteke copped it for grabbing the ball and missing that peno for Palace. Benteke got stick publicly on MoTD.

Not really.

Benteke took the ball off the designated penalty taker who had already scored one that day, and 3 or 4 Palace players tried to get the ball back off him. Hodgson also said it was unacceptable.

In Britt's case, we have no idea what the protocol was, Leadbitter didn't seem to put up much of a fight, and Pulis didn't bring up the penalty in his post match interview.

Not really.

Benteke took the ball off the designated penalty taker who had already scored one that day, and 3 or 4 Palace players tried to get the ball back off him. Hodgson also said it was unacceptable.

In Britt's case, we have no idea what the protocol was, Leadbitter didn't seem to put up much of a fight, and Pulis didn't bring up the penalty in his post match interview.

Totally agree, I don't have any complaints about what happened. The players made a decision on the pitch and we missed, it happens.