oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff (A) 0-1

So glad Britt got on the pitch, changed the game! How long before his first touch? :D

You love this Gestede > Britt thing don’t you! :)

I do. Obviously he hasn't done ***e all today, I've said it myself that he's a limited player. But people banging on about Britt are similarly getting ***e all from him. The one thing he could actually do in this team is work the channels and he doesn't even seem to do that from what I've seen. I've even seen Gestede do that once or twice, it's laughable.

Next it will be that it's because he didn't start the game. Like having him on from the start will change the way we play under this manager. Never once claimed Gestede is a better player, he just fits the system more. The odd flick here and there could create a chance. Not always a great chance and you're talking like 4-5% of flick ons doing something alright. When you're playing with a system that plays in favour of those percentages, you can't expect much better.

Playing like this, what does Britt give you?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awful game, team.. everything

60 yard long balls into the channels with only the crippled donkey chasing them. Gestede can hardly move, he looks so awkward, he's not suited to one upfront,whether he's a target man or not.

Can you believe we sold Cyrus Christie to play Shotton at right back? Yeah Shotton is good defensively, but to win you need to score goals. How many times can Shotton smash a cross into the crowd?

Boro fans are getting what they deserve, again. Some sections of the fans chased out the manager trying to play attacking football.. for this.

Nah mate, they chased out the old manager cause he was crap.

Gestede was awful today, which is surely the main thing to discuss? Not whether someone else might have been more awful had he started instead. If you want to add something to the discussion then you could also say that he's only had one good season in his entire career and he's nearly 30. In short, he's garbage.

Well I'm glad I couldn't make it in the end and saved £100 on train ticket, match ticket, food and drink. Feel sorry for the fans who went.

I remember booing Gaston when he was walking down the tunnel when he got sent off at Bournemouth, got told to shut up by a boro fan who got an ear full off me. Id spent 110 pound on my train ticket alone from derby (where i was at uni at the time) and then 20 pound on the ticket. He actually apologised before the end of the game he travelled from southampton so did not understand why i was that upset about the way Gaston got sent off. Probably would have booed today tbh.

It's an expensive day out for 1 shot on target (apparently, I don't remember it) that's for sure. I could take us barely getting a kick a bit more last season at places like Anfield... but not being able to land a glove on other Championship sides is a joke.

Monk first 8 games

W4

D2

L2

Pulis first 8 games

W3

D1

L4

Monk leaves - 3 points off play-offs.

Right now - 4 points off play-offs.

Reminiscent of the Southgate sacking and how we dropped off, despite being near the automatic promotion slots.

Come on stop it with these facts, don't you know we've improved under Pulis, you'll be saying its a results business next.

Today was the first game where I have no idea on our game plan.

Why Traore was on the left most of the game baffles me. He is ineffective there, and it showed.

The amount of long balls as I've already mentioned is not acceptable. Fair enough if they hit someone, but today from Ayala in particular, they were shocking.

Gestede was poor. If the balls don't come near him he literally offers nothing.

Midfield 3 were tidy but ineffective going forward.

Cardiff kept Downing and Traore quiet. And unfortunately we have no other players who can make something happen if those two aren't on it or are controlled.

The back 4 did their job, convincingly at times, but solid enough. Going forward though we are absolute garbage.

If we we're still playing we still wouldn't have created a chance.

Wasted our throw ins today as well. We just looked clueless. I'm not sure Britt over Gestede would have made a difference, but worryingly we didn't create enough.

Our lack of movement all over the pitch today was a big worry.

Just got in from the game.

A few points:

Referee was poor. Got decisions wrong on both sides. He gave a few free kicks to Cardiff in first half for Shotton allegedly hauling down players but both times his hands were high and the Cardiff player threw himself to the floor. One of them left over the goal which we didn’t recover from.

Secondly - we were poor but Cardiff were also. We could have easily got a similar slice of luck and it would have been the opposite result.

Up until the goal from the free kick that shouldn’t have been, we were playing the better of the two sides. After that, we didn’t do much. They pushed for a second and built pressure a few times but we held out. Problem was we did nothing going forward bar the odd run from someone like Downing.

Gestede did not serve his purpose at all and won nothing after the first 5 minutes - in fact he was awful.

Until the double change at 80 odd minutes, when it was too late, we were useless as an attacking side.

Harrison looked lively and up for it when he came on and Bamford showed willing but his body language was shocking, including when he was warming up at half time.

All in all this was a rubbish game, a waste of £93 and only bumping into Downsouth made it tolerable.

Just home and boy how disappointing today has been, perhaps the earthquake should have been felt in Cardiff and the ref abandoning the game!

Cardiff were poor and offered very little, sadly we were worse and offered zip!

Why bother passing to Downing first half because he simply had no-one to lay the ball off to so tactically bloody poor.

Howson and Downing when presented with the chance should have taken their shots straight away.

Adama best player on the pitch for Boro but not his best of games.

We ain't going anywhere and fast!

Good to meet Johnhorse though I mistook him for Beardy Smog!

Oh my my my we all knew this was coming when the line up was announced!

It's clear as day that Pulis was brought in to clear the mess within the entire club and put back core foundations into place before he leaves (all his conferences back this up!)

January Transfer Window once again showed our ambitions and we are going to go round and round in circles after every defeat blaming Monk, blaming Pulis but in reality we should be blaming recruitment and Steve Gibson.

I am frustrated as the rest of you fans with recent events, however I try to analyse the situation and put things into perspective before posting as some posters just look complete immature idiots.

Today was a must win especially after going in with a win from last weekend, so our negative tactics show our exact intent for this season.

Playing that donkey up front (who I actually feel sorry because the players behind him are just as bad) shows we have no intentions of competing this season.

We should of been on a high from last week and gone with a positive attitude and formation and yet again we do the same as previous as take a step backwards!

Gibson has let his guard down on this one especially as season ticket renewals are out (I think he's going to be in for one hell of a shock this season!)

I will still be there Tuesday night supporting however...

UTB!

Regarding the goal, why didn't Randolph just come and catch it? It was practically on top of him when it got put in. Am I being unfair here or is that just rank bad goalkeeping?

It was rank bad goalkeeping. He’s the least of our problems but sometimes his decision making his very poor.

im 100% more cheesed off with the lack of adventure yet again than actually losing the game. 

simply not acceptable at this level given our standing a***st the 24 teams. 

im not advocating a gung ho approach but were just churning out insipid displays when playing anyone outside the bottom half dozen or so teams. 

nowadays you  can feel yourself losing all hope as soon as anyone half decent takes the lead.

We’ve got a relatively straightforward run of games coming up now and should be looking to win the next two at least against poor Hull and Sunderland teams.

Even if we sneak into the playoffs, which for me is starting look less and less likely, yesterday just affirmed the fact that we’ll still get out-fought, out-smarted and well beaten by any of the teams in the top six.