• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We’ve got a relatively straightforward run of games coming up now and should be looking to win the next two at least against poor Hull and Sunderland teams.

Even if we sneak into the playoffs, which for me is starting look less and less likely, yesterday just affirmed the fact that we’ll still get out-fought, out-smarted and well beaten by any of the teams in the top six.

The worrying aspect here Jimmy is our consistency so yep possibly win at  home but oh dear away from home alarm bells ring. Did I say consistency? actually we have been very consistent at being inconsistent :oops:

We’ve got a relatively straightforward run of games coming up now and should be looking to win the next two at least against poor Hull and Sunderland teams.

Even if we sneak into the playoffs, which for me is starting look less and less likely, yesterday just affirmed the fact that we’ll still get out-fought, out-smarted and well beaten by any of the teams in the top six.

The worrying aspect here Jimmy is our consistency so yep possibly win at  home but oh dear away from home alarm bells ring. Did I say consistency? actually we have been very consistent at being inconsistent :oops:

Don’t think our home form is any better than our away form! just consistently inconsistent :)

Agreed but we seem to lose one then win one and going on a run well that's laughable at the moment, look at Fulhams and Cardiffs latest form just what we required o move ahead.

The games coming up today depending on results will heap even more pressure on us, not the team but more so the fans

I don’t think it had anything to do with the setup of our team yesterday. Neither team put more than 3 passes together all day I’m all for playing passes forward quickly but they have to be to someone. Most of ours. Especially fron Ayala and shotton weren’t within 30m of one of our players. And I’m sure they put helium in the ball by mistake because it hardly troubled the ground. And if your going to play like that it doesn’t matter what formation you pick

everyone is aware that he was sacked for this style of football aren't they? Even if the master plan is to buy a squad of seven foot players in the summer he should at least be utilising what we have - people on here said Karanka "trained the attack mindedness out of our players" and berated him for it - yet people still defend pullis while he completely throws out the window the skills and atributes we bought our players for and has them lumping the ball up just like every single West Brom fan and a lot of boro fans said he would!!

Well boo boys who wanted attacking football, Gibson got you Pullis so maybe in the future when you are all whining on forums, booing at games, getting online petitions and go fund pages - be very careful what you wish for

Didn't go to, watch or even listen to the game yesterday. I thought we'd lose and had money on it.

When I looked at our line-up I thought it was very negative, after thinking about it a bit longer I wondered whether Howson might have the freedom to get forward more than normal or whether Downing and Traore could play further up the pitch. It doesn't sound like any of those things happened.

As a fan I feel I'm pretty pragmatic, I don't mind defensive football if it gets results and I don't ever go to the ground expecting entertainment. However it feels like we are being negative to the extreme right now.

I think Pulis is managing us like he's managing a team fighting to avoid relegation. We are giving teams far too much respect in this division. Last week we had Reading dead and buried until we sat back and defended for our lives which was really unnecessary. The team selection yesterday felt like we were going away to Man United or Chelsea. I know Cardiff are going well but to go there and barely muster an attack is embarrassing.

I'm not calling for Pulis out but he needs to start winning games especially with the run we've got coming up. I don't think we're good enough to get in the playoffs to be honest, my concern now is season ticket sales for next season. If we continue playing the same way and not getting results who in their right mind will want to stump up £400+ in April?

Didn't go to, watch or even listen to the game yesterday. I thought we'd lose and had money on it.

When I looked at our line-up I thought it was very negative, after thinking about it a bit longer I wondered whether Howson might have the freedom to get forward more than normal or whether Downing and Traore could play further up the pitch. It doesn't sound like any of those things happened.

As a fan I feel I'm pretty pragmatic, I don't mind defensive football if it gets results and I don't ever go to the ground expecting entertainment. However it feels like we are being negative to the extreme right now.

I think Pulis is managing us like he's managing a team fighting to avoid relegation. We are giving teams far too much respect in this division. Last week we had Reading dead and buried until we sat back and defended for our lives which was really unnecessary. The team selection yesterday felt like we were going away to Man United or Chelsea. I know Cardiff are going well but to go there and barely muster an attack is embarrassing.

I'm not calling for Pulis out but he needs to start winning games especially with the run we've got coming up. I don't think we're good enough to get in the playoffs to be honest, my concern now is season ticket sales for next season. If we continue playing the same way and not getting results who in their right mind will want to stump up £400+ in April?

sorry my man but betting against your team is plain wrong in my book

Season is probably over now but praying we do a villa next season. Still struggling to see how this squad isn't doing better. With gibbo/traore certs to leave in the summer it is hard to see a way forward and maybe this review pulis is doing will help but aside from traore we have zilch pace, and that was the case last year as well , so I am praying whoever is in charge next season can finally address that obvious failing

Disgusting behaviour

Disgusting behaviour

Why? It's called hedging especially if we're not doing particularly well. I've done it MANY a time. More so in the Premier League mind.

I'd say betting for your team is the greater evil. I never bet on Boro any more. If I do bet on the game, I bet against to try and invoke some non-existent law of the universe to try and help us win.