oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson: Put up or shut up

I have touched in this numerous times and this is not by any means a knee-jerk reaction resulting from losing against a very good and well organised Cardiff City side. The facts are that our chairman charges the supporters one of the most expensive tickets in the league. He claims to be one of the fans, one of the people, a local boy done good who is in touch with the people of Teesside.

Really Steve? You have banked millions from the fortunes of this football club. Granted, you have brought brief spells of exciting times but since you took control in 1994? the vast majority of seasons supporting this club have been dull and insipid.

You need to either put your money where your mouth is and fund the ambitions of the supporters or sell the club to someone who is prepared to invest. A £4.5M net investment to fund a promotion push after selling so many players, banking so much TV money and charging your loyal fans so much money to watch their team each week is acceptable is it?

Spend some money, stop talking bull**** and fleecing your fans or **** right off.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I am open to discuss the error of my ppinions. Can you highlight what you do not agree with about my opinion of Gibson?

Would love to be exposed as a bedwetting drama queen!

You are the drama queen

You've wet the bed

So the sheets aren't clean

Humpty did it last time you moaned about Gibson's investment. You've conveniently forgot the money he had to pump into us during the last 10 years.

Having a go at Gibson for the net spend when no one was complaining in the summer about it and Pulis is the one who chose not to spend in January. Laughable.

Tis the truth, however hard it is for me to write these words, Steve Gibson needs to get his act together or clear off.

Yeh like the Sunderland and Geordie owners are trying to get out. Dead easy that one. Unless you have a guy willing to buy the club

Tis the truth, however hard it is for me to write these words, Steve Gibson needs to get his act together or clear off.

Yeh like the Sunderland and Geordie owners are trying to get out.  Dead easy that one.   Unless you have a guy willing to buy the club

I'll buy them.

Humpty did it last time you moaned about Gibson's investment. You've conveniently forgot the money he had to pump into us during the last 10 years.

Having a go at Gibson for the net spend when no one was complaining in the summer about it and Pulis is the one who chose not to spend in January. Laughable.

Is he really trying to say Gibson has made money out of the club. People really should get thier facts right before calling someone out. How big was the loan Gibson bought out. And he was putting 1 million a month into the club all the time we were in the championship last time. So that’s 7 yrs which is 84 months so 84 million pounds yet to some he hasn’t put his money where his mouth is

Thanks for the League Cup, thanks for the trip to Eindhoven, thanks for helping to save us from disappearing altogether, but we're not playing very well at the moment so if you could just **** off and let some Chinese or Arab conglomerate buy us that would be great.