oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City 3-1 (Gestede (2) Bamford)

BeardySmog Matchday Solutions

Presents

BORO vs Hull City

Kick Off - 7.45pm

The Riverside Stadium

20th February 2018

Intro

Whatever lingering optimism is remaining a***st fans is quickly diminishing after another non-performance in the Welsh capital. My own glass is certainly on the empty side but saying that we'll probably win this 4-0 just to further confuse everyone.

Last Game

Cardiff 1-0 BORO

I still don't really want to talk about this, my boys first ever Boro match and he had to endure that dross. At least it sets him up for the lifetime of disappointment that comes with being a Boro fan.

Chelsea 4-0 Hull City

Hull weren't in league action thus weekend but got spanked at Stamford Bridge. Don't think that will have any impact on their preparations for this match.

One to watch.

Kamil Grosicki. Not been following Hull much to be honest so no idea if he has even been playing but on his day he is one of the best players in the division (in my opinion)

Beard Watch

Jon Toral is the winner here.. Fantastic beard.

The tip of the Beard

Boro 8/11

Draw 5/2

Hull 4/1

Either the bookies haven't been watching us recently or Hull are really that bad. Sky bet have us as clear favourites.. Hope they are right

Pre Match Questions?

Is the promotion push over for this season? (Obviously not mathematically but realistically)

What changes do we make for this?

Besic and Harrison to start?

Score prediction..

I'm going to plump for a bold 0-0..and that's me trying to be optimistic.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I hope BeardySmog Matchday Solutions have plenty of researchers lined up because this is the one. The first in the "big run". The promotion charge starts here with a comfortable 3-0 win.

Prepare yourself BeardySmog... you're going to be opening the match day threads from now until Wembley at the end of the season

I hope BeardySmog Matchday Solutions have plenty of researchers lined up because this is the one. The first in the "big run". The promotion charge starts here with a comfortable 3-0 win.

Prepare yourself BeardySmog... you're going to be opening the match day threads from now until Wembley at the end of the season

I admire your optimism.. Or insanity... I can't quite decide

Is the promotion push over for this season?

- losing to Cardiff away was never going to make or break our season.. but the manner of the loss is the worrying thing. Did that look like a side who has the character or creativity to go and win 4/5 on the bounce now.. absolutely not.

What changes do we make for this?

- a forward instead of Leadbitter. Why we started such a negative team yesterday is beyond me. Especially when we couldn't even control the midfield despite having three deep centre mids on.

Besic and Harrison to start?

- yes why not give them a chance. Need something to invigorate the team.

Score prediction..

- 1-1, Shotton to score direct from a throw in then we'll sit back and concede a screamer in the 88th minute.

..........................................Randolph

fry ayala Gibson

Christie            friend

Besic     Howson

Traore Assombalonga   Braithwaite

8-0 home win

fry ayala Gibson

Besic     Howson

8-0 home win

Be very surprised if Braithwaite plays, ha ha.

fry ayala Gibson

Besic     Howson

8-0 home win

Probably more likely than an 8-0 win though, ha ha.

Well done Beardy for getting this up quickly.

I haven't been to enough games since the new year, but I'm going to this one, so I'm quite excited, despite everything telling me there is no reason to be.

SouthernSmoggie is spot on: losing yesterday was not a disaster. The manner of the loss was.

I hope it convinces Pulis that we need to shake things up a little bit. Would like to see Harrison and Besic both to start, drop Downing back into the middle and give Leadbitter and Hoswon the night off. Then stick Bamford behind the striker. He's had a poor season, but when he has played well, it's been at No10

I honestly don't really care who starts up front either, as long as we give them a bit of support.

fry ayala Gibson

Besic     Howson

8-0 home win

Is he injured?

Wait............................we really did loan him out in Jan and got rid of Christie?

So it wasn't all just a bad dream?

Have I died and this is hell?

I'm going to the pub to get smashed.

Well done Beardy for getting this up quickly.

I haven't been to enough games since the new year, but I'm going to this one, so I'm quite excited, despite everything telling me there is no reason to be.

SouthernSmoggie is spot on: losing yesterday was not a disaster. The manner of the loss was.

I hope it convinces Pulis that we need to shake things up a little bit. Would like to see Harrison and Besic both to start, drop Downing back into the middle and give Leadbitter and Hoswon the night off. Then stick Bamford behind the striker. He's had a poor season, but when he has played well, it's been at No10

I honestly don't really care who starts up front either, as long as we give them a bit of support.

I was berated for calling Pullis stubborn and arrogant - this was due to his inflexibility regarding this squad.

I am sticking to my opinion because I don't believe he will "shake things up"

I mean really? He needed yesterday to show him he needs to change something?

Surely no one thinks he's that stupid?

He's stuck in his ways ie:- Wimbledon with wise, Jones etc. Outdated crap.

I'm starting not to care, but I don't want Pulis us to manage us next season, as I don't think we have a chance of promotion with him in charge, and even if we do, the football will be awful.

Here's the team I would like to see start.

----------------Randolph

Shotton - Ayala - Gibson - Friend

-----------Clayton - Howson

Traore ------ Harrison --- Downing

----------------Bamford

Bamford played very well up front with Vossen behind him, which was much closer to 442 than 4231. My second option would be Harrison on the left and Assombalonga partnering Bamford up front in a 442.

We’ve just got to win this game. If we can’t beat Hull at home we have no hope.

Hope Pulis goes a bit more adventurous for this one as were at home against a relegation threatened team.

Honestly not looking forward to this game, but will still be there following the team whilst others chat *** on here and argue a***st themselves!

In regards to formation, who knows, who cares but I bet it's like the repeat off the last 2years, negative selections and letting the opposition take advantage of our poor tactical selection/systems.

I would love to see us go 4-4-2 till the end of the season, however I am expecting to see 3 centre midfielder who offer us nothing offensively.

Only time I wanted to see Rudy in the starting x11 is with someone alongside him! (that's when his best form came at Blackburn).

Hopefully this win will lead onto one against Sunderland.

Genuinely I believe our next 3 games are most winnable, drop points against any of them and that's our season over I think.

1-0 to the boro and don't have a clue in the formation but im sure we will all disagree with it (that's what makes football fans brilliant)

UTB