oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City 3-1 (Gestede (2) Bamford)

Randolph

Shotton Ayala Gibson Friend

Adama Besic Howson Downing

Assombalonga Bamford

If you're worried about the midfield being overran in stages of the game, Downing can sit narrow and PB can drop back.

I thought Besic looked the best of the midfield vs Cardiff; strong, mobile and a good pass. At one point he nearly sent their Traore into row Z.

Leadbitter looks worse as the season goes on. His passing his brutal and he is so slow it hurts.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

GK- Randolph

RB - Shotton (unfortunately Pulis have left us with no one else)

CB - Ayala

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

RM - Traore

CM - Besic

CM - Howson

LM - Downing

FW - Britt

FW - Gestede

If Pulis is adamant in this long ball ***e, we need to start getting people around Gestede. Have Britt trying to pick up the breaking balls/ flick ons. Get Howson further up the field. We are at home to a poor Hull side. We should only need one holding midfield player in Besic.

All I want to see from this game is some attacking intent. If we get beat 4-3 then so be it. I’ll be much happier with that than a dour 0-0 draw.

GK- Randolph

RB - Shotton ( unfortunately Pulis have left us with no one else )

CB - Ayala

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

RM - Traore

CM - Besic

CM - Howson

LM - Downing

FW - Britt

FW - Gestede

If Pulis is adamant in this long ball ***, we need to start getting people around Gestede. Have Britt trying to pick up the breaking balls/ flick ons. Get Howson further up the field. We are at home to a poor Hull side. We should only need one holding midfield player in Besic.

All I want to see from this game is some attacking intent. If we get beat 4-3 then so be it. I’ll be much happier with that than a dour 0-0 draw.

Shotton has been one of our better players.

I probably am being very harsh on Shotton. I just hate having a full back who offers next to nothing going forward. Christie had his flaws defensively but I would much rather him there than Shotton for what he offered going the other way. But then again I like to see football as a game of enjoyment and entertainment... an idea our current manager couldn’t possibly comprehend unfortunately.

I probably am being very harsh on Shotton. I just hate having a full back who offers next to nothing going forward. Christie had his flaws defensively but I would much rather him there than Shotton for what he offered going the other way. But then again I like to see football as a game of enjoyment and entertainment... an idea our current manager couldn’t possibly comprehend unfortunately.

I don't mind the Shotton/Traore combo, the problem for me is that we've got no threat down the other flank or anywhere else on the pitch for that matter.

I'm sure we'd all want more quality than Shotton in the team but he's a long way down the list of problems for me.

Shotton being so defensively minded is what enables Adama to be so attacking. We can't have it both ways.

Still a glimmer of hope for making the playoffs. Somehow we’re only 5 points off - a decent run now and we will be thrown right back in the mixer. (Yes there’s very little evidence that we’re capable of such a run but I’ll cling onto whatever hope I can)

Randolph

Friend

Gibson

Ayala

Shotton

Harrison

Besic

Howson

Traore

Bamford

Assombalonga

Football really is simple. That is our best team with everyone playing in their natural position.

I’ve taken a punt on Harrison. Worth a go and sounded exciting from the little chance he got on Saturday.

I genuinely think our season is over as far as going up if we keep to the current shape and our lack of pace is killing us. I think Harrison has to come in to offer some width with traore and we should give Britt another go. I love Downing and think he has been one of few bright lights but personally think he has to play as a deeper lying midfielder alongside Howson. Probably worth moving bamford into the no 10 role but I only say that because we have nowt left for the role rather than any conviction he will succeed.

Leaves us vulnerable in the middle but we are now at the sh*t or bust time of our season so it could be worth a go

As for a prediction we will either win , lose or draw the game. No idea which I am afraid

Don't know whether Harrison is ready for a start yet or not, but would like to see more of him, need someone other than Traore to make things happen. I don't get Pulis' thinking behind taking a team struggling to score and adding a defensive midfielder... hopefully it was just because we were away to a top 6 team, and not a sign of things to come. We really need some goals here and a striker to score.

-------------Randolph

Shotton-Ayala-Gibson-Friend

----------Besic---Howson

Traore------Downing----Harrison

------------Assombalonga

You looked at the team against Cardiff with a front 3 of Traore Gestede and Downing and wondered where the hell a goal would come from, at least with Britt we know he can score a goal or two.

2-0 Britt FGS, given up on promotion this season, just want us to show signs that we can be up there next season.

Good opening Row Z to get the discussion started.

Think we will just scrape a 1-0 win off a set piece. It'll be another ugly win with crap football but 3 points is 3 points and that is all that counts, especielly when you play the kind of football Pulis practises. I hope the last game was the last one with three midfielders starting. Two is enough in this league. And just drop Gestede already. The guy is useless and should only be used as a last gap option towards the end.