oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City 3-1 (Gestede (2) Bamford)

Anyone else think its strange that Tav was loaned out when we are desperate for someone who can play wide left? Okay he's far from the finished article but scored a winning goal and was one of the best players in a couple of games... which is about as much as some of our other attackers can say with hundreds more minutes on the pitch..

Think he would give us a bit of balance on the left instead of sticking right footed forwards out there.. or Downing who can't beat a man anymore.

It was very strange and dare I say stupid. Especially when you end up loaning out Braithwaite too, playing Bamford on the wing and end up loaning another untested youngster who is way out of match practise  :huh: In the end it was such a weird window. There is no doubt in my mind that Tav would be a better option on the left than Bamford.

Braithwaite was probably taking too many shots at goal in training so Pulis packed him off to France where they appreciate those kind of silly things.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I'm really looking forward to the impending 90 minutes of us hoofing the ball upfield towards the area of Gestede and Hull City's CB's, in every conceivable phase of play, as our midfielders chase the second balls. Fans will never complain about backwards and sideways football tonight like they did under previous managers. It's going to be great watching that ball get wallied downfield dozens upon dozens of times, from every angle imaginable, and with lots of force. It's going to be great.

Damn - I'm so glad you posted this, I wasn't going to go - I thought we were going to play young talent and fresh attacking fast football - phew - you've just made my day.

I don't think I ever saw Tav beat a man in either of the games he played. Worked hard, as you'd expect, really put in a shift every game. But he never looked like an out and out winger in the league games he played from memory. I'm glad he's gone out on loan, I just hope he gets the most out of that experience.

I also think that whilst Stewey doesn't do it very often, he showed enough times that he can still beat a man when he played on the right, not entirely sure why he couldn't do it on the left.

True, he was more of a crosser from deep. Still gave a nice balance out there though. 

Downing liked the right because Christie did all his running  ;)

0-0 would be a pants result. We need to be winning at home and we definitely need to be beating Hull at home. This next run of five games is our last realistic chance to put a run together before it’s not too late. Need to win.

Jimmy it was a joke, calm down for God's sake ;)

:liar: :liar: :liar: 

He meant it Jimmy.

Yeah ok you've rumbled me, I'd take a 0-0 against Sunderland as well. That or a entertaining 5-4 defeat.

Imagine if we got relegated without a point but lost all our games 10-9. What a season that would be

It's not like you to take things to the extreme rich  :rolleyes:

0-0 would be a pants result. We need to be winning at home and we definitely need to be beating Hull at home. This next run of five games is our last realistic chance to put a run together before it’s not too late. Need to win.

He meant it Jimmy.

Yeah ok you've rumbled me, I'd take a 0-0 against Sunderland as well. That or a entertaining 5-4 defeat.

Don't let him worm his way out of it, Jimmy.

He meant it Jimmy.

Imagine if we got relegated without a point but lost all our games 10-9. What a season that would be

Sounds like 1997

He meant it Jimmy.

Sounds like 1997

More lies.  Will it ever stop?  :crying:

I don't get the entertainment argument, if you want entertainment then go to the cinema.

***nal are pleasing on the eye but ask their fans if they'd swap that for another league title.

Forget ***nal, the team walking away with the Championship have scored the most goals and concede the least, I think Wolves fans will feel they've been entertained this season.

I don't get the entertainment argument, if you want entertainment then go to the cinema.

***nal are pleasing on the eye but ask their fans if they'd swap that for another league title.

Forget ***nal, the team walking away with the Championship have scored the most goals and concede the least, I think Wolves fans will feel they've been entertained this season.

Good point, we are very average and poor on the eye, not much more to say really apart from C'mon Boro, come rain or shine we will still support The Mighty Boro! and that's it in a nutshell, poor as we are this season we still tend to look forward to the next game in the hope..........

Good point, we are very average and poor on the eye, not much more to say really apart from C'mon Boro, come rain or shine we will still support The Mighty Boro! and that's it in a nutshell, poor as we are this season we still tend to look forward to the next game in the hope..........

Yes we do, always got to believe something goods coming.

How about asking their fans if they'd swap with West Brom or Stoke.

Sport is entertainment, if you don't get it then that's your failing not someone else's.  The ideal situation is your team playing great football and winning.  Everything other than that is a less ideal scenario.  I don't believe there is anyone who would take playing crap football and winning over playing great football and winning.  People might accept playing crap football and winning over playing great football and losing but fortunately that isn't a trade off that has to be made.  At the moment we are playing crap football and not winning a lot of the time so I'm not sure why you can't understand people wanting to watch some decent football if we're going to lose games anyway?

We are almost certainly never going to be a successful team, generally speaking.  We are highly unlikely to challenge for the Premier League title or play in the Champions League.  Maybe if everything falls into place you can have one season like Leicester did but I would say the probability of something similar happening again any time soon is pretty small.  I'd also argue that the style of football Pulis has tended to employ is fairly limited in how far it can take you, hence he could only take Stoke and West Brom so far.  We are a similar sized club to those two so why would anyone expect us to be able to go further.  Now, I know the argument, it's not that Pulis will take us to these heights, he will simply take us so far and then someone else will come in and take us forward again.  Has that happened at Stoke and West Brom because it doesn't appear it has to me.

There's no reason why we can't be an entertaining side and achieve our goals - other teams have managed it.  We will not be that under Pulis and we certainly aren't that now, which means we are on the wrong track regardless of what your point of view is.

My point is that a certain element of fans seem to expect results and entertainment nowadays.

I don't think football has ever been a product in which you can demand or expect either. You can take it to extremes where you have Pep playing beautiful football and winning and Pulis doing neither.

The priority has always got to be winning games then anything else is a bonus, how many clubs our size play great football and win games consistently.

I'm not trying to defend Pulis but saying that you'd prefer to lose 3-4 is nonsense, if we lose a high scoring game tomorrow no one will be happy on here.

you're not kidding. I've seen matches where we've been 3-0 up and then the whole match has been spoiled if the opposition snatched a last minute consolation.

He meant it Jimmy.

It's not like you to take things to the extreme rich  :rolleyes:

Don’t take my dream away