oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City 3-1 (Gestede (2) Bamford)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

5 defenders and 2 DMs at home against a relegation candidate that we are leading 3-1 against. you couldn’t make that up.

He doesn’t want to lose 4-3!

Effective but not entertaining, it's the future, I've tasted it!

Good win still not happy with the subs, so negative and that kind of thing will let teams back in games.

Concerns me that Pulis didn't learn from the Reading game that this is a bad idea... we had a 2 goal cushion then and nearly blew it by sitting back.

Anyway, got away with it today and scored some much needed goals so onwards and upwards to Sunderland on Saturday.

Good win still not happy with the subs, so negative and that kind of thing will let teams back in games.

I don’t understand how having more defensive players on the pitch automatically means we will let teams back in?

Surely if we are tight we are less likely concede. And therefore more likely to hold on. And therefore more likely to win.

Which will build confidence going into the next match. Which might give us more chance of winning then too.

Makes sense to me.

Anyway, we've still got time for the FA to reinstate Gestede's red card and disallow his TWO goals that won us the game. Here's hoping that 'donkey' never plays for us again and we come away with a point!

5 defenders and 2 DMs at home against a relegation candidate that we are leading 3-1 against. you couldn’t make that up.

He doesn’t want to lose 4-3!

Effective but not entertaining, it's the future, I've tasted it!

Yes! It tastes good.

Anyway, we've still got time for the FA to reinstate Gestede's red card and disallow his TWO goals that won us the game. Here's hoping that 'donkey' never plays for us again and we come away with a point!

:D :D :D

I don’t understand how having more defensive players on the pitch automatically means we will let teams back in?

Surely if we are tight we are less likely concede. And therefore more likely to hold on. And therefore more likely to win.

Which will build confidence going into the next match. Which might give us more chance of winning then too.

Makes sense to me.

Is that a joke, before we made them defensive subs they were on the back foot. Then once we made the negative subs we sat back and invited them on they from the commentary it sounded like they were the more likely to score after that. If Hull had got a goal i guarantee they'd of got a draw out of the game because of the confidence of a goal and the fact we had taken off most of our forward thinking players off. Hull were their for a lashing tonight, instead of making them negative subs take Gestede off to rest him for Mackems and put Britt on to get his goal and his confidence back against a hull team that are shot by this point. Give Harrison his debut to see what he can do while its safe to do so with the cushion (a very nice debut), fine put clayton on but take leadbitter off who is probably tired.

Makes sense to me.

Is that a joke, before we made them defensive subs they were on the back foot. Then once we made the negative subs we sat back and invited them on they from the commentary it sounded like they were the more likely to score after that. If Hull had got a goal i guarantee they'd of got a draw out of the game because of the confidence of a goal and the fact we had taken off most of our forward thinking players off. Hull were their for a lashing tonight, instead of making them negative subs take Gestede off to rest him for Mackems and put Britt on to get his goal and his confidence back against a hull team that are shot by this point. Give Harrison his debut to see what he can do while its safe to do so with the cushion (a very nice debut), fine put clayton on but take leadbitter off who is probably tired.

Totally agree!

These negative subs each game will eventually cost us against the better teams. Hull were shockingly poor and we should of took full advantage of that, subs were too negative and formation changed too defensively.

Harrison for Bamford was the sub needed, I don't agree with the Gestede sub that you mention as you don't take a striker off who is on two goals.

Important win now to push on saturday!