oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City 3-1 (Gestede (2) Bamford)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

3 observations tonight:

1. Don't think we played great but nice to see a comfortable win.

2. I think we look a long way from being a potential promotion team.

3. Bamford is the best striker we've got at the club, he looks useless on the left but then looks like the coolest man on the pitch when he's in front of goal.

YIPPEE!

Not quite a storming win but a win nonetheless.  Not a game we could really afford to drop points in so thankfully job done  :relief: :fist:

you are really enjoying those smileys

Highlight of the season and you know it  :cool:

3 observations tonight:

1. Don't think we played great but nice to see a comfortable win.

2. I think we look a long way from being a potential promotion team.

3. Bamford is the best striker we've got at the club, he looks useless on the left but then looks like the coolest man on the pitch when he's in front of goal.

1 - Indeed although it might have been different had we been playing against anyone even semi-decent.

2 - Indeed.

3 - Indeed.

Relief, embarrassment averted. May well sneak into the playoffs and spring a surprise promotion. OK, that was over optimistic, but maybe just maybe..

With the incredibly low standard of the league this year it really wouldn't surprise me if we make the playoffs.

With a bit of luck we could somehow find ourselves in the playoffs saturday evening (providing we can actually beat sunderland). Tricky upcoming games for Bristol and Sheffield have two awaygames on the spin.

What does concern me is the win one and lose one sequence, had a look at previous results and was shocked to see that we have only drawn once in 23 games, if only we could have had a few draws in a***st those defeats!

Also now is not the time to start drawing games the winning sequence simply has to continue though kinda mindful that we could get a draw on Saturday

Think Besic looked really good game last night, proper dynamic midfield performance. Think Leadbitter was a bit anonymous, would like to see a midfield 2 of Besic and Howson going forward.

Think Besic looked really good last night, proper dynamic midfield performance. Think Leadbitter was a bit anonymous, would like to see a midfield 2 of Besic and Howson going forward.

Yeah same think Besic can do the Leadbitter role, which may free up Howson to get forward. Would like to see Besic/Howson from here on out.

Well pullis got it right that’s all you can say

Are you sure you can say that?

I'd say the justification of the decisions he made were in the end result. It's no different between the games we've drew or lost, he takes responsibility. I don't agree with the changes we made, both before(Howson) and during the game. But he got the points quite comfortably so he certainly didn't get it wrong.