oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City 3-1 (Gestede (2) Bamford)

Well pullis got it right that’s all you can say

Are you sure you can say that?

Well we won and the two players he chose when lots said he shouldn’t scored so if he takes the flack on sat we must say he’s done it right this time

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

A decent win. Not a great showing, and in particular that last half hour was a disgrace.

I don't really like having a go too much after a win, but considering how we got promoted last time, we of all people know what an impact goal difference can have. I know I come across as a massive Karanka fanboy a lot on here, but I know he was too cautious much of the time. But even he never closed up a game to the extent where he was bringing on defenders for attacking players against ***e teams at home.

It wasn't just Pulis not wanting us to overcommit ourselves, it was as though he was actually willing us to not score more goals. Rudy Gestede in defensive midfield? Give me strength.

The one good thing he did do was put Traore up front for those last 10 minutes of so. If there's one player who can still cause problems when up front on his own, it's him. I'd have loved him to have gotten that goal at the end - a bit more power on it and McGregor would have gotten nowhere near it.

A few of our lads looked knackered, namely Downing and Leadbitter. I said on Twitter that they are both at advanced stages of their careers now, and I wonder if they have the legs for two games in a week. Would really like to see Besic and Howson in the middle on Saturday. Happy for Downing to stay in the team, but it's a shame we probably won't get chance to see what Baker can do in that role.

All in all, a functional win, and nice to see Rudy score two goals that certainly weren't the easiest, and Bamford finished his like someone with 20 goals this season, which was also great to see.

I'm not sure Pulisball is the way forward, but it might just be enough.

Well we won and the two players he chose when lots said he shouldn’t scored so if he takes the flack on sat we must say he’s done it right this time

I was being sarcastic. I more meant are you allowed to say that. I totally agree with you.

It was more in response to people who are being negative, despite the victory. Because of the subs we made.

I think we should be happy with the victory and give Pulis credit.

Can we not be both happy and critical? I'm very happy with the win but would still rather have Howson over Leadbitter and would prefer like-for-like subs instead of bringing defenders on for attackers.

It was good, but can always be better - and will need to be to beat better sides than Hull!

A decent win. Not a great showing, and in particular that last half hour was a disgrace.

I don't really like having a go too much after a win, but considering how we got promoted last time, we of all people know what an impact goal difference can have. I know I come across as a massive Karanka fanboy a lot on here, but I know he was too cautious much of the time. But even he never closed up a game to the extent where he was bringing on defenders for attacking players against *** teams at home.

It wasn't just Pulis not wanting us to overcommit ourselves, it was as though he was actually willing us to not score more goals. Rudy Gestede in defensive midfield? Give me strength.

The one good thing he did do was put Traore up front for those last 10 minutes of so. If there's one player who can still cause problems when up front on his own, it's him. I'd have loved him to have gotten that goal at the end - a bit more power on it and McGregor would have gotten nowhere near it.

A few of our lads looked knackered, namely Downing and Leadbitter. I said on Twitter that they are both at advanced stages of their careers now, and I wonder if they have the legs for two games in a week. Would really like to see Besic and Howson in the middle on Saturday. Happy for Downing to stay in the team, but it's a shame we probably won't get chance to see what Baker can do in that role.

All in all, a functional win, and nice to see Rudy score two goals that certainly weren't the easiest, and Bamford finished his like someone with 20 goals this season, which was also great to see.

good write up tom. agree with what your saying. and the downing leadbitter aging(legs getting heavy) is going to be something we'll see become more obvious as the season wears on. i think howson was rested and besic and howson will be starting vs mackems. i'd love harrsion to get more time. i'm sure he will when ready. he's had a few month off so cant just throw him in.

the tactics are typical defense boring old school ***e. aka bfs, tp, mm, sm. its the British way isnt it lol. leave the flair and finesse to the bloody foreigners attitude. i'm fine with it if we get results. as long as we are winning i really am not bothered (probably different if i still had a season ticket mind).

was pleased paddy scored that goal, real good finish. almost like hes been waiting for that chance to get clear and finish in style. made it look easy. considering how little hes hit the net very impressed. many a striker would have just blasted that and hoped for the best in similar situation.

I don't really like having a go too much after a win, but considering how we got promoted last time, we of all people know what an impact goal difference can have. I know I come across as a massive Karanka fanboy a lot on here, but I know he was too cautious much of the time. But even he never closed up a game to the extent where he was bringing on defenders for attacking players against *** teams at home.

Nail on the head very good post Tom !

Well its a win against one of the poorest sides in the league, if you can't beat them then you have a serious problem, they were shocking, yet Randolph still had to pull out a couple of good saves to keep them out. The game for the most part was poor, we gave far too much possession away particularly on the edge of our box, a better team would have punished us. Friend was awful, Leadbitter offers nothing, and I pray we can keep Traore fit because without him I think we're knackered he's the only player in the team who excites me. Besic looks decent enough and also had a nice little run into the opposition box. I didn't agree with the subs but it didn't surprise me because that's Pulis's mind set. We don't seem to have much problem beating the crap sides in the division its beating the ones above us that concerns me.

The thought of Pulis in charge next season with his style of negative football makes me shudder,just hoping he gets home sick and doesn't want to commit to the area, I can only pray.

Well its a win against one of the poorest sides in the league, if you can't beat them then you have a serious problem, they were shocking, yet Randolph still had to pull out a couple of good saves to keep them out. The game for the most part was poor, we gave far too much possession away particularly on the edge of our box, a better team would have punished us. Friend was awful, Leadbitter offers nothing, and I pray we can keep Traore fit because without him I think we're knackered he's the only player in the team who excites me. Besic looks decent enough and also had a nice little run into the opposition box. I didn't agree with the subs but it didn't surprise me because that's Pulis's mind set. We don't seem to have much problem beating the crap sides in the division its beating the ones above us that concerns me.

The thought of Pulis in charge next season with his style of negative football makes me shudder,just hoping he gets home sick and doesn't want to commit to the area, I can only pray.

I agree with most of that, the only glimmer of hope is that we might look a bit better once he's brought his own players in.

Well its a win against one of the poorest sides in the league, if you can't beat them then you have a serious problem, they were shocking, yet Randolph still had to pull  out a couple of good saves to keep them out. The game for the most part was poor, we gave far too much possession away particularly on the edge of our box, a better team would have punished us. Friend was awful, Leadbitter offers nothing, and I pray we can keep Traore fit because without him I think we're knackered he's the only player in the team who excites me. Besic looks decent enough and also had a nice little run into the opposition box. I didn't agree with the subs but it didn't surprise me because that's Pulis's mind set. We don't seem to have much problem beating the crap sides in the division its beating the ones above us that concerns me.

The thought of  Pulis in charge next season  with his style of negative football makes me shudder,just hoping  he gets home sick and doesn't want to commit to the area, I can only pray.

I agree with most of that, the only glimmer of hope is that we might look a bit better once he's brought his own players in.

I seriously doubt we will look better once he gets his own players in.

Well its a win against one of the poorest sides in the league, if you can't beat them then you have a serious problem, they were shocking, yet Randolph still had to pull  out a couple of good saves to keep them out. The game for the most part was poor, we gave far too much possession away particularly on the edge of our box, a better team would have punished us. Friend was awful, Leadbitter offers nothing, and I pray we can keep Traore fit because without him I think we're knackered he's the only player in the team who excites me. Besic looks decent enough and also had a nice little run into the opposition box. I didn't agree with the subs but it didn't surprise me because that's Pulis's mind set. We don't seem to have much problem beating the crap sides in the division its beating the ones above us that concerns me.

The thought of  Pulis in charge next season  with his style of negative football makes me shudder,just hoping  he gets home sick and doesn't want to commit to the area, I can only pray.

Might as well stop going then eh!

The win i feel is a building block to our season that has stuttered along, backing a up a win with another is important now and the manager is given no credence for this looking at the comments. People must think they that he does not see it or that they know better than him. I view it that he needs these kinds of wins for all concerned and given that we can all agree that confidence builds and players grow from it. Nobody is trying to reinvent the wheel and of course the common denominator is that the squad on the whole is average.

I was being sarcastic. I more meant are you allowed to say that. I totally agree with you.

It was more in response to people who are being negative, despite the victory. Because of the subs we made.

I think we should be happy with the victory and give Pulis credit.

I’d agree about the defensive subs. He’s done it against reading and hull and we’ve won both. Bristol city when three up against Sunderland went for more and we know what happened there

good write up tom. agree with what your saying. and the downing leadbitter aging(legs getting heavy) is going to be something we'll see become more obvious as the season wears on. i think howson was rested and besic and howson will be starting vs mackems. i'd love harrsion to get more time. i'm sure he will when ready. he's had a few month off so cant just throw him in.

the tactics are typical defense boring old school ***. aka bfs, tp, mm, sm. its the British way isnt it lol. leave the flair and finesse to the bloody foreigners attitude. i'm fine with it if we get results. as long as we are winning i really am not bothered (probably different if i still had a season ticket mind).

was pleased paddy scored that goal, real good finish. almost like hes been waiting for that chance to get clear and finish in style. made it look easy. considering how little hes hit the net very impressed. many a striker would have just blasted that and hoped for the best in similar situation.

You could say leave the finesse to the managers of clubs owned by countries

Might as well stop going then eh!

Although Pulis serves up some dire football I'd still love to be able to hold a season card or at least be able to go 1-2 times a month. Maybe I shouldn'r care about the performances as I don't pay my hard earned cash to go to games. I just pay a small fee every time it's on iFollow or watch it on the telly when it's broadcasted. I just don't think we will go up under Pulis though as he is too negative. Sure we were negative under AK at times but Pulis takes the prize. He's got to realise that we aren't fighting relegation. I hope he proves me wrong though but the signs aren't encouraging. :crying:

Nail on the head very good post Tom !

Decent post.... apart the bit about Karanka. I'm not sure it added anything, and it certainly didn't seem correct.