oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City 3-1 (Gestede (2) Bamford)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

The club clearly doesn't care about the rest of this season, so it's hard to muster any enthusiasm for any of the remaining games.

Win, lose or draw, what does it matter? We'll be in the Championship next year, with a team playing a flat back four, with three defensive centre midfielders and an isolated striker.

This is Tony Mowbray Part II, with Pulis overseeing a massive 6-18 month clear out. And then what? A surge of ill thought out signings to start the whole cycle again. I really do despair.

Please Boro, give us some hope this evening. Show us something, anything, to kindle the fires in our Boro hearts and set them ablaze.

message do not read>

It’s so weird to see us do such a screeching 180. In the summer it was .. we want to change the culture, bring in fast young attacking players.. a few months later it’s all abandoned and we’re heading for a Pulis rebuild that you would expect to be a more extreme version of Karanka. Did Gibson panic?

I think we’ll win tonight, probably 2-0.. I think it’ll be a good display from us, as it usually is against the bad sides.

Anyone else think its strange that Tav was loaned out when we are desperate for someone who can play wide left? Okay he's far from the finished article but scored a winning goal and was one of the best players in a couple of games... which is about as much as some of our other attackers can say with hundreds more minutes on the pitch..

Think he would give us a bit of balance on the left instead of sticking right footed forwards out there.. or Downing who can't beat a man anymore.

I don't think I ever saw Tav beat a man in either of the games he played. Worked hard, as you'd expect, really put in a shift every game. But he never looked like an out and out winger in the league games he played from memory. I'm glad he's gone out on loan, I just hope he gets the most out of that experience.

I also think that whilst Stewey doesn't do it very often, he showed enough times that he can still beat a man when he played on the right, not entirely sure why he couldn't do it on the left.

0-0 would be a pants result. We need to be winning at home and we definitely need to be beating Hull at home. This next run of five games is our last realistic chance to put a run together before it’s not too late. Need to win.

Anyone else think its strange that Tav was loaned out when we are desperate for someone who can play wide left? Okay he's far from the finished article but scored a winning goal and was one of the best players in a couple of games... which is about as much as some of our other attackers can say with hundreds more minutes on the pitch..

Think he would give us a bit of balance on the left instead of sticking right footed forwards out there.. or Downing who can't beat a man anymore.

It was very strange and dare I say stupid. Especially when you end up loaning out Braithwaite too, playing Bamford on the wing and end up loaning another untested youngster who is way out of match practise  :huh: In the end it was such a weird window. There is no doubt in my mind that Tav would be a better option on the left than Bamford.

I'm really looking forward to the impending 90 minutes of us hoofing the ball upfield towards the area of Gestede and Hull City's CB's, in every conceivable phase of play, as our midfielders chase the second balls. Fans will never complain about backwards and sideways football tonight like they did under previous managers. It's going to be great watching that ball get wallied downfield dozens upon dozens of times, from every angle imaginable, and with lots of force. It's going to be great.

I'm really looking forward to the impending 90 minutes of us hoofing the ball upfield towards the area of Gestede and Hull City's CB's, in every concievable phase of play, as our midfielders chase the second balls. Fans will never complain about backwards and sideways football tonight like they did under previous managers. It's going to be great watching that ball get wallied downfield dozens upon dozens of times, from every angle imaginable, and with lots of force. It's going to be great.

It's the only way TO MAKE BORO GREAT AGAIN

0-0 would be a pants result. We need to be winning at home and we definitely need to be beating Hull at home. This next run of five games is our last realistic chance to put a run together before it’s not too late. Need to win.

Jimmy it was a joke, calm down for God's sake ;)

:liar: :liar: :liar: 

He meant it Jimmy.

He meant it Jimmy.

Yeah ok you've rumbled me, I'd take a 0-0 against Sunderland as well. That or a entertaining 5-4 defeat.

He meant it Jimmy.

Yeah ok you've rumbled me, I'd take a 0-0 against Sunderland as well. That or a entertaining 5-4 defeat.

Imagine if we got relegated without a point but lost all our games 10-9. What a season that would be