oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sunderland (A) 3-3 (Bamford (2) Leadbitter)

BeardySmog Matchday Solutions

Presents

Sunderland vs BORO

Kick Off - 3pm

The Stadium of Light

24th Fenruary 2018

Intro

My last run of Matchday Threads began with a 3-1 win over Hull and was followed up with a 1-0 win over Sunderland.. Fate? Coincidence? Who cares let's just hope it happens again.

Last Game

BORO 3-1 Hull City

Ok ok I'd have dropped Gestede and Bamford wouldn't have started.. That's why I'm not a football manager. Same again please.

Bolton 1-0 Sunderland

Things really aren't looking good for Sunderland, sinking fast and are supposedly worse at home than they are away.. Has to be a banker doesn't it?!

One to watch.

Umm.. Mcgeady? Best I could do..

Beard Watch

Jonny Williams has impressive facial fuzz despite it being ginger.

The tip of the Beard

Sunderland 14/5

Draw 23/10

Middlesbrough 1/1

Surely there's only one winner here, even though it's a derby your money has to be safe on an away win right?

My BeardyBet for this game is 5/1 For a 1-0 Boro win..

Pre Match Questions?

What has gone so horribly wrong for the Mackems?

Do we care?

Any changes? Or stick with the winning formula?

Formation?

Prediction

2-0 Boro. Bamford double. COME ON BORO!!

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

They're broke as ***.

Do we care?

Kind of? I don't expect them to drop further than League One but I like seeing North East football healthy. My preference would be us, Newcastle and Sunderland all in the top tier. How long has it been since we played Newcastle now!?

Howson for Leadbitter, otherwise the same.

Formation?

Same.

Just watched back the goals from Tuesday. Bamford’s finish was absolute class. I hope that gives him some confidence going into this game.

And I hope we can put back to back wins together.

Then the play offs don’t look so far away.

Up the biro

I hope you get to keep going until we win at wembley Row Z. We should win this comfortably and hopefully get back into the playoffs for the first time in ages and keep our spot there.

I hope you get to keep going until we win at wembley Row Z. We should win this comfortably and hopefully get back into the playoffs for the first time in ages and keep our spot there.

Sheff Utd play Hull on Friday, so we still might not be top 6 even if we beat the Mackems.

Sheff Utd play Hull on Friday, so we still might not be top 6 even if we beat the Mackems.

Yeah I know I’m just hoping :) after our inconsistent season so far it’s rather incredible that we are only one win away from a playoff position.

Yeah I know I’m just hoping :) after our inconsistent season so far it’s rather incredible that we are only one win away from a playoff position.

Yeah remarkable the football we've dished up, it just shows how very average this league is.

or it shows we are actually a prety good fotball team, even if most of ur fans seem to think we are crap, and spend more time descriping how poor our opposition is when we win than actualy thinkw e did anything good

Starting to get pretty annoyed at this forum

Its worse than my negativ views under Strachan, I am sure some of you remember how I was back then? Most of you told me to get more positive then and stop whining. I think I had more reason to whine back then then you guys have now.....

I say we just go again, same team, same formation. That's if Ben Gibson isn't back, would like to see Harrison getting some game time. Could even be good to have him play a game with the u23s as a "preseason friendly" for him.

We'll have the 12th man with the Sunderland supporters but I expect a fairly spirited fightback from them and for us to edge the game 2-1. Bamford FGS.

- So much... they should have probably got relegated from the Prem years ago and started re-building with a younger, cheaper squad.

Do we care?

- To an extent... banter aside I wouldn't want all those fans to lose their club. Imagine how gutted we'd be. Prefer them to be in our league but as long as we are doing better.

- Gibson back if he's fit. Howson for Leadbitter. Rudy and Bamford should be buzzing and well up for this one so keep their spots. Downing maybe needs a rest, could be a perfect game to give Harrison a run out.

Formation?

- Its honestly too late to change it now. It shouldn't be an issue for this game but as we've seen time and again it doesn't work against the top teams with the players we've got and Pulis' safety first tactics.

- Gibson back if he's fit. Howson for Leadbitter. Rudy and Bamford should be buzzing and well up for this one so keep their spots. Downing maybe needs a rest, could be a perfect game to give Harrison a run out.

This.

Downing won't get a rest though, if he had been going to it would have been on Tuesday night. I'm okay with that to be honest, I think we'll need him on Saturday.

or it shows we are actually a prety good fotball team, even if most of ur fans seem to think we are crap, and spend more time descriping how poor our opposition is when we win than actualy thinkw e did anything good

Its worse than my negativ views under Strachan, I am sure some of you remember how I was back then? Most of you told me to get more positive then and stop whining. I think I had more reason to whine back then then you guys have now.....

Well if we are a pretty good football team we need to start showing it, because sat at the Riverside every other week looking forward to your team putting in a good performance you start to get a bit despondent and underwhelmed when its not happening, that's the reality of it, and Reading and Hull are poor opposition.

Well if we are a pretty good football team we need to start showing it, because sat at the Riverside every other week looking forward to your team putting in a good performance you start to get a bit despondent and underwhelmed when its not happening, that's the reality of it, and Reading and Hull are poor opposition.

well we are currently 8th in the probably 6 or 7th best league in europe so we cant be all crap

Yes we struggled against the top table teams this season but we are almost flawless against the bottom teams (that also counts)

well we are currently 8th in the probably 6 or 7th best league in europe so we cant be all crap

Yes we struggled against the top table teams this season but we are almost flawless against the bottom teams (that also counts)

That just shows that we are where we are naturally. We've beaten teams below us but not above us. Naturally finishing in 7th or 8th was not the target this season. Even adjusting for the surprises this season has thrown up, we should probably be sat in the top 3. We have under-performed across both managers so far, though I'm not willing to throw Pulis under a bus for it yet as it's just not his team, it's not one he would have assembled given the same transfer window Garry Monk had.