oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sunderland (A) 3-3 (Bamford (2) Leadbitter)

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys really think, adama pushing a guy off him, thats actually grabbing him illegally anyway is a red?

its not like hes punched him or threw him to the ground, he literally pushes his arm out without any body weight and oviedo went down like he'd been hit by joshua. the reason adama was so angry is because the cheating mackem *** has conned him into being sent off over the usual penalty box handbags. we have been conned and now our own fans are saying its a red? those who think its a red are very wrong.

you guys really think, adama pushing a guy off him, thats actually grabbing him illegally anyway is a red?

its not like hes punched him or threw him to the ground, he literally pushes his arm out without any body weight and oviedo went down like he'd been hit by joshua. the reason adama was so angry is because the cheating mackem *** has conned him into being sent off over the usual penalty box handbags. we have been conned and now our own fans are saying its a red? those who think its a red are very wrong.

I hope you are right Kev but the footage I saw showed Adama raise his hand into the face of Oviedo and push him to the ground. I don't think he will get away with it

It's very difficult to see what Oviedo physically does there. It's clear he's trying to rile him up but there's no laws against that. Can't tell from that angle if he really is trying to poke him in the eye, hopefully if he is then justice comes to Oviedo retrospectively.

As far as we're concerned though, Adama rises to it and just reacts without even thinking. I don't think he's aiming for his face in particular, I think he just pushes out... but that is where he catches him. Straight red card, no doubt about it.

Aguero got off with a push to the face of a fan just over a week ago due to the fact he was provoked, i imagine that will make up part of our appeal

With a fan you can make the argument very easily that you didn't know if they were a threat to you or not, that's not very easy when it's a fellow professional.

If someone is indeed poking you in the eye what is he expected to do? Ask him politely to stop?

Report it to the referee. Make sure he's keeping an eye on Oviedo. I'm afraid Sunderland played him like a fiddle and what evidence we have suggests they did it within the laws of the game.

The question is would it really matter. I belive we have a club in the championship fit for the size of the town. Get use to the idea we are not a premier club anymore and we may in the future have forays but we are not big enough to maintain momentum. The championship will provide more wins than we can expect in the premier so with prospects of decent games we should see larger crowds. Pulis for me was a suprise choice but there again over the years nothing from SG surprises me anymore. Football has become far to expensive for many other than elite clubs with money to burn, we are not one.

There's probably 10 teams in the Premier league that are historically no bigger than us, they've just been ran a lot better.

The difficulty is that there are also probably 10 teams outside of the premier league who are historically bigger than us. And all of them want to be in the top flight. There are only 20 places and we have no divine right to be there.

It's a soft red but sadly in the current laws of the game probably is a red. It's going to be interesting what happens with the appeal it could be as bad as five games missing (isn't he on a 4 game ban as it is). Jack Wilshere had a red card ban reduced earlier in the season for similar so there is a possibility of that. Although we as Boro fans saw Aliadiere given extra for a frivolous appeal.