oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sunderland (A) 3-3 (Bamford (2) Leadbitter)

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't even far enough away from him to get any force on the push, Ovideo is wrapped round him. He literally lifts and pushes his arm out. Need the angle from behind the goal ideally.

This is Traore we're talking about. He's built like a brick ****house. I don't think he needs that much space to produce the force required to push him over.

The question is would it really matter. I belive we have a club in the championship fit for the size of the town. Get use to the idea we are not a premier club anymore and we may in the future have forays but we are not big enough to maintain momentum. The championship will provide more wins than we can expect in the premier so with prospects of decent games we should see larger crowds. Pulis for me was a suprise choice but there again over the years nothing from SG surprises me anymore. Football has become far to expensive for many other than elite clubs with money to burn, we are not one.

There's probably 10 teams in the Premier league that are historically no bigger than us, they've just been ran a lot better.

The difficulty is that there are also probably 10 teams outside of the premier league who are historically bigger than us. And all of them want to be in the top flight. There are only 20 places and we have no divine right to be there.

Like who? Leeds, Sheff Wed etc?

We've spent more money than most of those clubs put together. For that reason we should expect to be finishing above them.

The fact that we are currently on about the same level as Preston, Bristol city and Sheffield United shows how poorly we've been managed from top to bottom.

It costs a fair whack of money to submit these appeals, so the club obviously think they are in with a chance, because otherwise they wouldn't bother.

For what it's worth, I think it was a red, and don't rate our chances of getting it overturned. But I'm not paid to make these decisions.

It costs a fair whack of money to submit these appeals, so the club obviously think they are in with a chance, because otherwise they wouldn't bother.

For what it's worth, I think it was a red, and don't rate our chances of getting it overturned. But I'm not paid to make these decisions.

But everybody said the same about Gestedes' red card, where we WON the appeal

We can only hope, that they know what they do, WHEN they do it ;)

I don't really see what is dangerous or overly aggressive about the Traore incident, it looks like he shoves him in the chest and he falls over and makes the most of the contact. I've seen incidents like it that don't even receive a yellow card in game, receiving a 4 game ban seems really harsh to me.

"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible."

Well it does specifically call out 'head or face' in the FA rules for a straight red for violent conduct. If it was a push in the chest then we could be in with a chance. As others have pointed out, players sometimes shove each-other and don't even get booked. 

Fingers crossed, to lose him for 5 games would be a massive blow.

Really? I didn't know that! Like, what are we talking here? £100? £1000? £50,000? 

The red card is fair, in my opinion. The camera angle does not really show too much. I suppose the reported eye gauging (?) or whatever it was might be considered a mitigating factor, but even so, the red card should stand.

Really? I didn't know that! Like, what are we talking here? £100? £1000? £50,000? 

The red card is fair, in my opinion. The camera angle does not really show too much. I suppose the reported eye gauging (?) or whatever it was might be considered a mitigating factor, but even so, the red card should stand.

https://twitter.com/sunderlandred/status/967892029350039552

That's another view of the incident, looks like he uses his forearm to shove him in the upper chest, optimistic about the appeal. It at least shows that Oviedo makes contact with his face and I'd like to see the cheating git receive a ban for that if nothing else...

I have rewatched the Traore episode a few times and it surely looks like the throat or head, that he pushed/punched Oviedo in ..

Would LOVE to see it from another angle.. Has anyone found anything?

I have rewatched the Traore episode a few times and it surely looks like the throat or head, that he pushed/punched Oviedo in ..

Would LOVE to see it from another angle.. Has anyone found anything?

the slo mo version looks like it might have been arm on the chest to me. that one looks like a face shove in normal time but i think its a pretty difficult angle to judge. either way oviedo looked like he'd been shot by a sniper, total fanny. should be booked for diving. if he went over like that on a sunday he'd get his legs broken next tackle to teach him a lesson.

I wonder when it comes to the financial side though, they're probably more concerned about what the loss of Traore could do to our short-term promotion hopes than whatever relatively negligible fee it is for an appeal. Losing him for 5 games with an extra match for a frivolous appeal is probably not much more damaging than the fact we'd lose him for 4 to begin with. It's the fact we lose him at all that is the problem. I just don't see this one getting overturned. I didn't with Rudy either, I thought that was as frivolous an appeal as they come but we shall see.

I wonder when it comes to the financial side though, they're probably more concerned about what the loss of Traore could do to our short-term promotion hopes than whatever relatively negligible fee it is for an appeal. Losing him for 5 games with an extra match for a frivolous appeal is probably not much more damaging than the fact we'd lose him for 4 to begin with. It's the fact we lose him at all that is the problem. I just don't see this one getting overturned. I didn't with Rudy either, I thought that was as frivolous an appeal as they come but we shall see.

hopefully the efl will see sense and allow the most electrifying winger in the league off the hook. because its better for the league that the best players play. he was setup a kipper and the ref and lino fell for it. do the right thing and dont let the cheats win.

The angle I saw shows Adama walking into the box.. A Sunderland player pushes him as he's going passed, then, as he takes his position, another reaches round and grabs at his face. He retaliates by pushing him in the chest and the lad flops down. Maybe a yellow card for both IMO.