oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

Boro v Sunderland (A) 3-3 (Bamford (2) Leadbitter)

I wasn't trying to start something btw, was just asking Humpty a genuine question for his opinion.

I agree that out of context it is at least a yellow card for the push, red if you believe he aimed for his face. But in context he was provoked, and yes he shouldn't be retaliating but if someone tries to poke your eyes, you're not gonna stand there and let them. I also happen to think he pushed his chest but that's based on the poor footage we've seen, maybe the panel has been shown something clearer.

There's a lesson for Traore here too in that he needs to realise he's our main attacking force so he's gonna be targeted with stupid tackles and verbal abuse, just has to try and rise above it but he's young and that kind of experience does come with age.

All in all a good result for Boro so I'm happy.

More like you want to be right so you refuse to entertain any other possibility.

He supposedly poked Adama in the eye, is it so hard to imagine Oviedo was looking to do exactly what he did?

I don't think the Oviedo thing really matters too much. It probably should but I'm not sure how much it holds up in appeals, during or after the game. The only incident in question is the act done by Traore himself.

From my viewing, it looks like he reacted and swung his arm out. He didn't do it with intent to hit Oviedo in the face but from the video, that's what it looks like he did to me. As Humpty has said, Traore is a bloody strong lad, probably the strongest we have in our side by a huge margin. The way he swings his arm out doesn't seem to me like Oviedo has faked anything. Rubbing it on thick, perhaps, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Having said all that, to imply that the panel have absolutely not applied the rules of the game to the incident in question is bordering on tin-foil hat territory. Nobody knows for sure what we put forward or how they came to their conclusion but I think the fact it has been rescinded is surely down to them applying the laws of the game to all the evidence available. From what I've seen and what I know, I thought it was a red card, just as I thought Gestede's was. But I can't say they've definitely got it wrong because they undoubtedly have more information than I do and certainly understand the laws better than I ever will.

Now that it is overturned, I think the important thing is that Traore needs to learn to keep a lid on it. He was provoked in a manner and he has to rise above that. It took a hold of him and he needs to respond by out-performing the opposition. Not always easy, certainly when the entire stadium and the opposition players are trying to wind you up but what's certain is if he doesn't react the way he did, there's no chance he gets sent off regardless of how the officials see it.

if you go frame by frame on the footage you can see traore get a haduken in there. i think thats what must have knocked him over so easily, if you zoom in on his mouth you can see him saying it as his hand is raised. adama is obviously using football as a cover because he must be a champion anime under world professional fighter.

Well now we are feeling a bit happier let us just hope we can see the game on Friday.

• Latest Posts

• Moses..........with our scouts, we would probably end up with the original version........mind you, if he could split a defence like that day by the Red Sea, he would be worth having  
    • Boro this day 18th November 1972 My 2nd ever away Boro game when my dad took me & his ICI work colleague to the Sheffield Wednesday game, my previous away game was Boro's last away game on the 11th which seen us win 1-0, courtecy of a John Hickton goal I remember we went in a pub before the game, I was 12 so drinking soft drinks At the game we sat in the seats that were put in for the 66 world cup took   John Hickton scored a penalty to put the mighty Boro in front, this was his 3rd goal v Sheff Weds in 5 games against them since we signed him from Sheff Weds, his 1st goal at Hillsborough though  The afternoon didn't turn out to good a day for big John, or the Boro fans         Jim Platt saved a 1st half penalty from Tommy Craig, the referee deemed Jim had moved to soon & the spot kick was retaken, again jim Platt was to be successful a 2nd time & dived the right way to save the 2nd spot kick                                                                                Sheff Wed equalised on half time & the 2nd half was one way traffic, eventually we couldnt cope & Tommy Craig, who missed the 1st half penalty, scored a scorcher, I can still see him running away towards their kop with his arms aloft We had led, Jim Platt had saved 2 penalties & we lost 2-1, 2 away games for me, one win & a loss, welcome the the Boro son   Stan Andersons team Jim Platt Peter Creamer - 5th appearence out of 6 that season  Frank Spraggon Nobby Stiles Stuey Boam Willie Maddren Bill Gates Eric McMordie David Mills John Hickton - 4th goal of the season David Armstrong Sub Gordon Jones - Final appearence as sub,  he started a further 8 games
    • So we shouldn't get too excited about this England team despite recent youth injection, attacking style of play, Russia World cup Semi-Finals and a comfortable Euro 2020 qualification because of past failings ?
    • Or Derby would get 1st shout with the connection
    • I can't see anything but a fairly comfortable Denmark win.