oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

Boro v Sunderland (A) 3-3 (Bamford (2) Leadbitter)

Could be a massive result that if we win on saturday.

It is the beginning of the comeback!

mm but how often do we manage to get vital points when the teams around us drops points the last seasons?......

Can we capitalise on the Blades dropping points, or will we all be saying "typical Boro" tomorrow night...?

mm but how often do we manage to get vital points when the teams around us drops points the last seasons?......

Can we capitalise on the Blades dropping points, or will we all be saying "typical Boro" tomorrow night...?

Well it wouldn't be Boro if there was no nail biting would it. :cheese:

Talking to a lot of Sunderland fans this week and not one was confident they’ll get a result. Many saying it’s the worst Sunderland team they’ve ever seen. We have to attack this lot from the off and not give them a sniff.

Last nights result almost makes this a swim or sink match, SU have a game in hand and play midweek so let us all hope that if they do win that game then they will be only 1 point ahead.

Win today and we have the chance to at least be in the top 6 for a day due to BC playing Cardiff tomorrow but if they lose then goal difference begins to show how important it is, so hopefully and I say this totally optimistic we will continue in attack mode and not try to shore things up if we manage a two goal advantage.

But then again this a derby game and it may not be pretty to watch and a scrappy result at the end of it

I do worry about a draw being due though

Sunderland is shambles on and off the pitch. We have to beat this lot. Don’t think even one of their player would make it onto our bench. They are that bad. Just read that Coleman hasn’t even met Ellis yet which shows how ***ed up they really are. If we are to have any hope left for the season we need three safe points as we have trickier upcoming ties. In April we have Sheffield, Bristol, derby in succession and we will likely need a cushion for those games.

Other games worthy of note as follows:

Sheff Wed V Villa

Leeds V Brentford

PNE V Ipswich (PNE hot on our tails)

Fulham V Wolves (tonight)

Cardiff V Bristol City (tomorrow 1200hrs)

Reading V Sheffield Utd on Tuesday

I'm going for an optimistic but realistic 3 nill to Boro. Traore, bamford to get at least one.

Losing a player to injury is never a blessing in disguise, even if the player is a donkey.

dunno like, remember back to steve mac, zenden and a few other in midfield were injured and he was basically forced into playing a kid. step forward Stewart downing.

we had some cracking players back then. imagine getting another load of kids like stewy and Morrison johnson etc all come through together now. they'd all be in the first team as regulars at 17yo lol.

Coleman is saying this isn't a derby, that psychological BS, he'll have his players right up for this one.. Sunderland know games are running out so I think this will be a tougher game than some anticipate. The Mackems are vulnerable 1st half so we need to come out fast and get that early goal, so I'm going 2-1 Boro win in a hard fought Derby.

Currently sat in a bar in Lviv, Ukraine with a mackem just put a bet on with him do we cannot lose this one :@

Think if he goes for a 3-man midfield, Howson will be on the bench and Downing will be in there with Bamford, Britt and Traore the front 3. He won't drop Downing and seems more than happy to drop probably our best centre-mid this year.

• Latest Posts

• I was just reading over the summer transfer window thread and I had one or two things to say about this in the summer 😡😀 I also found these two old posts of mine which I feel deserve to be highlighted for their prescience: From the 25th of June: I suspect that if Woodgate intends on us being a pressing / passing team (or whatever his intentions may be for us), that the majority of the players who are already here will be the players playing the bulk of the games.  I think we also have to consider that we must be desperate to get rid of some players and maybe we need to do that first before we sign their replacements?  And you've got to think that the likes of McNair, Tavernier and Fletcher are going to be used a lot more.  I wouldn't say they are like new signings or anything like that but I would see McNair as an obvious replacement for Besic and Tavernier to be used possibly in a variety of ways.  Fletcher takes one of the wide attacking positions and what are we looking for, another wide attacker and a full back or two?  I'm not saying that's how I'm looking at it, I'm just trying to look at it from the club's point of view.  So if we're only looking for a few players then things are more likely to be quiet as compared to previous windows. And even earlier on the 14th of June: It's part of our new philosophy.  Instead of having loads of right backs and one left back we are going to have loads of left backs and one right back. It's all change at Boro.   Absolutely nailed it, hurrah! ✌️ People really need to stop arguing with me now and just accept that I'm always right.
    • I think its, we're having to throw young players in desperate to make an impression and overdoing it
    • The bulk of the money the club owes is to Gibson O'Neill so he won't be putting us into administration.  Our outgoings are too high and really administration isn't going to help much with that.  We either have to reduce costs or increase revenue.  It's easier to do the former than the latter although selling some players will obviously help with that.  That's what we're doing at the moment.
    • The possibility that Gibbo is gradually winding things up in preparation for administration has occurred to me. I've been trying to push the thought away since the summer. There has been a lot of "woe is me, I've been doing everything by the rules and all these other mean clubs are cheating and making it impossible for us to compete financially" stuff coming out since last Spring. If he spins a good enough tale then a lot of fans will still see him as a hero for saving the club in 86 and giving them all these extra years. We get annoyed on here about all the lies and spin which come out of the club, but there are a lot of fans who lap it all up and believe everything they are told.