oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

Boro v Sunderland (A) 3-3 (Bamford (2) Leadbitter)

Got an awful feeling he's going to play the 3man midfield of Besic, GL and Howson.

I think Grant will most likely start, as Pulis mentioned him in his press conference.

Coleman is saying this isn't a derby, that psychological BS, he'll have his players right up for this one.. Sunderland know games are running out so I think this will be a tougher game than some anticipate. The Mackems are vulnerable 1st half so we need to come out fast and get that early goal, so I'm going 2-1 Boro win in a hard fought Derby.

I agree, reckon this one could be more challenging than Reading and Hull. Still fancy us to win but expecting a cagey low scoring game.

Think if he goes for a 3-man midfield, Howson will be on the bench and Downing will be in there with Bamford, Britt and Traore the front 3. He won't drop Downing and seems more than happy to drop probably our best centre-mid this year.

i think he rested howson for this game. i think howson and besic will start. maybe leadbitter to for the 3. but with downing and traore wide. paddy up front. so basically gestede is out and the extra midfielder coming in to replace him. seems legit pulis way of thinking  :D .

-------------------paddy (where is everyone??)

-----------------------------------traore

---------------------------------------------------(18 yard line)

downing----howson besic

----------------leadboots

friend -----gibbo--ayala-------shotton

Baffled me as to why Howson was dropped, Howson was finally starting to look like the player we all hoped he was. It looks like Pulis is a big Leadbitter fan, though in my opinion he has been our weakest midfield player. But I agree with Wilson with the midfield line up, only change will be Britt for Gestede and possibly Gibson for Fry if Gibbo's fit.

Coleman is saying this isn't a derby, that psychological BS, he'll have his players right up for this one.. Sunderland know games are running out so I think this will be a tougher game than some anticipate. The Mackems are vulnerable 1st half so we need to come out fast and get that early goal, so I'm going 2-1 Boro win in a hard fought Derby.

I agree, reckon this one could be more challenging than Reading and Hull. Still fancy us to win but expecting a cagey low scoring game.

So....like 99% of our games then?

So....like 99% of our games then?

Yup, pretty much!

It's important because it's a game we should be winning, that other clubs have managed to get the points in and we have to do the same.  We're probably going to need somewhere between 18 and 25 points from our remaining 13 games to finish in the top 6.  So a basic way of looking at it would be to say that 8 wins from these 13 games will likely see us in the play offs, assuming we pick up a draw or two as well.  This is one that should be easier to win than others so we need to get the job done.

Yeah, I can't really see us needing less than 2 points per game now... but you never know.

(I guess teams will be taking points off each other, which could help).

Sunderland have conceded 58 goals so far this season, please let us just go for it, drop Leadbitter and have a midfield duo of Besic and Howson.

Eagerly awaiting team news en route to the airport... The Ass or Paddy to replace Rudy? Besic and Howson central, I'm hoping for.

Howson must be tearing his hair out. Nice to see Baker keep his spot in the squad.