• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure he would have stayed with La Liga calling and Ramirez, De Pena and the spanish players leaving?

Well he was still under contract, so I think he would have to stay.

Regardless he didn't really seem like the type to cause a fuss if he was unhappy here, plus we do have some of that Spanish contingent in Ayala and Mejias still around the place.

You sure he would have stayed with La Liga calling and Ramirez, De Pena and the spanish players leaving?

Well he was still under contract, so I think he would have to stay.

Regardless he didn't really seem like the type to cause a fuss if he was unhappy here, plus we do have some of that Spanish contingent in Ayala and Mejias still around the place.

And Traore

Reach is one of those who probably had to leave home to find his feet. Most Boro fans weren't that bothered when he left as he seemed to have stagnated - but a change of scenery, system and added maturity has really seen him blossom.

For me; Adomah, Fredericks, Kalas, Tomlin and Reach from that list.

All solid Championship players but none were really needed when we sold them. The 5 million we got from Reach was a very good deal and the 7? we got from Adomah likewise. Of those players I think I'd have Tomlin to play as a number 10. Think he'd be more productive than Downing in that position.

Agreed apart from Adomah. We were incredibly light on the wings last season and I absolutely believe Adomah would’ve improved us. He’s a better winger than Fischer/ Downing at this stage of his career/ Stuani/ Traore of last season (I would argue he’s better than the current Traore as well)

But Adomah's head had gone, too. When he came on at Sunderland last season, he was utterly pathetic.

True, he wanted to leave. From what I can gather it primarily stemmed from his and Aitor’s fallout after Derby. I still maintain that if he stayed he would’ve been an improvement on what we had. You’re right he was shocking at Sunderland but he was decent against Stoke, put in the cross for Ramirez to head back to Negredo for our goal. All water under the bridge now but would love him back. My all time favourite player.

I agree he was a quality player and could have probably done a job in the top flight if his head was in the right place, I'd love him back now Aitor's gone even at his age, he would absolutely improve us, would go straight into the team on the left wing for me.

But Adomah's head had gone, too. When he came on at Sunderland last season, he was utterly pathetic.

Agree, as bad as the Yak's last game.

Oh God, yeah. I remember watching that one. Really makes you wonder how Southgate even picked him. After the crap that happened with Ray Parlour because of the 'big-nose' incident, you'd think he wouldn't have dared field someone with such little respect for the club who was paying his wages.

Bit harsh on Adomah that i think, I was at that Sunderland game and he was rubbish when he came on but it wasn't due to a lack of effort.

He came on when we were under the cosh and he seemed to struggle to get up to the speed of the game, I remember him miscontrolling the ball a couple of times when he was in a good position.

It wasn't even close to the Yaks lack of effort, I think whatever you think of Adomah he always seemed to give 100% on the pitch. I don't know what went on off the pitch with Karanka but I always thought he did his best on it.