oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 3-0 (Bamford, Bamford, Bamford)

I've had a feeling for awhile we've been scraping by without really being tested. if Leeds score early, I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete collapse.

I think we'll see the fairly obvious line up of.. Normal back 5, Leadbitter, Besic, Howson, Downing, Harrison, Bamford.

And I don't think it's good enough.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could anyone see Bamford or Downing playing on the right for this game? I'm not sure Downing will be as good on the right without Christie overlapping. Would personally like to see Bamford as a second striker behind Assombalonga with Downing on the left and Harrison on the right.

I think the occasion will be too much for an out of form Assombalonga. Bamford's movement and touch means he can play that role - he's really earned the right to play there.

I'd ask Besic, Leadbitter and Howson to play like animals, the back four to stay solid and hope for a piece of magic from  Bamford to steal a 0-1 tight away win.

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend --

------------ Besic ---------- Leadbitter ---------

-- Downing ----- Howson ------ Harrison --

--------------------- Bamford ---------------------

I think we're at home?

haha yes of course. Sorry, not much sleep last night with our little badger keeping us awake all night!

Could anyone see Bamford or Downing playing on the right for this game? I'm not sure Downing will be as good on the right without Christie overlapping. Would personally like to see Bamford as a second striker behind Assombalonga with Downing on the left and Harrison on the right.

Bamford's confidence will be sky high after 3 excellent finishes, so I certainly wouldn't be playing him behind anyone at the moment, he should be the main striker.

Great opener :cheese:

What I would like:

Randolph

Shotton-Ayala-Gibson-Friend

-----------Besic

Harrison-Howson-Downing

--------Bamford-Britt

What I think we'll get:

Randolph

Shotton-Ayala-Gibson-Friend

-------Besic-Leadbitter

Harrison-Downing-Bamford

-----------------Britt

Interesting to see how the Traore appeal plays out. Has anyone actually seen the video of what he did? Push to the chest or push to the face? If he shoved the guy in the face then its probably irrelevant whether there was provocation. Oviedo may get a ban too if he poked him in the eye, but can't see the FA turning a blind eye (lol) to the reaction.

Getting the impression that the game is highly likely to be cancelled especially with the weather forecast for midweek to weekend in the Boro area, unless we have a repeat of the Leicester game a few seasons ago!

What are the locals saying about the approaching sever weather warnings

Getting the impression that the game is highly likely to be cancelled especially with the weather forecast for midweek to weekend in the Boro area, unless we have a repeat of the Leicester  game a few seasons ago!

Games are very rarely called off these days, especially ones on Sky.

I'd be very surprised.

I've had a feeling for awhile we've been scraping by without really being tested. if Leeds score early, I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete collapse.

I think we'll see the fairly obvious line up of.. Normal back 5, Leadbitter, Besic, Howson, Downing, Harrison, Bamford.

And I don't think it's good enough.

Those players are more than good enough. Take a step back and look at the quality in that line up. The problem is were so used to seeing them under utilised. There are some top quality footballers in that XI, that the vast majority of clubs in this league would chop off their right hand for. I'm sick of this club being criminally under managed.

Getting the impression that the game is highly likely to be cancelled especially with the weather forecast for midweek to weekend in the Boro area, unless we have a repeat of the Leicester game a few seasons ago!

No game in the top two divisions should ever have to be postponed because of snow these days. I'd be very shocked if ours was.

Going to snow constantly from tonight until the weekend. But it would have to be about safety of supporters getting to/around the stadium, rather than the pitch, surely? And the coming snow has been predicted for a little while so there should be no really reason to not be prepared.

I think we've had weather warnings on Sky nights before too, pretty much for what tyler has said there, it's not about inside the ground, it's about the outside and how dangerous it might be to walk/drive in.

Can't remember which game it was I'm thinking of but I'm pretty sure it went ahead in the end. Sure the club will be keeping the warnings in mind and trying to prepare for it, can't imagine we want a more congested fixture list.