oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 3-0 (Bamford, Bamford, Bamford)

Good to see some people admitting they were wrong about Bamford, I thought it was Bonkers the way he was wrote off by a section of our fans.

He's a real class act and you don't lose that ability in your mid twenties!  

Good performance tonight and it was the best balance between attack and defence that I've seen this season although Leeds were very poor.

or just simply outclassed.

Yeah both

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely buzzing for Bamford more than anything else. Such a good performance tonight - and against a top half team in decent form. This is the most optimistic I’ve felt about us all season. Utb, hopefully the playoff dream is being realised.

I don't think Leeds were that bad, I just think once we got the goal that we made it incredibly difficult for them to break us down. Their target man got very little service and our centre backs won pretty much every header so no chance there. On the ground, it was always one pass too many as they just couldn't find a gap. We completely took Lasogga and Saiz out of the game and our shape cut out every possible pass to their wide players.

Well done Boro and Bamford especially. Hopefully the guy can get a good run and build his confidence and form.

Let's hope this victory is significant. This season we have struggled against organised teams. Not sure how well organised Leeds were but maybe we are beginning to click. With the playoffs approaching this is the time.

I'm just about thawed out now. Blooming cold. Luckily I had Patrick Bamford to warm the cockles of my heart. <3 that guy. Even when he was not getting a game and playing poorly earlier in the season, I still had faith in him. Well deserved hat-trick.

Traore was incredible again. The run for the second goal, wowsa.

Leeds were poor today, but we played the best I've seen us play at home in a long time. Hope it continues!

Wooooooo

Up the biro.

Bamford absolute class.

Traore could (should) have been MOTM despite the hat trick.

Leeds looked very, very poor. Best performance under Pulis, bar none.

How you feeling BoroDane? :P

I always said we should pick that exact team and make those subs at those exact times.

In all seriousness though what a great thread to wake up to. Can't remember the last time it was so positive. Really happy for Bamford for taking his chance up front big style. If leadbitter is out for two matches then that gives the other three a good chance to establish themselves as first choice for the run in.

Just finished watching the game recorded... So I had my phone turned off, as I didn't want any spoilers!

And WHAT A GAME! ... Btw .. Has anyone noticed my signature, which is made some days ago? :P

Hatrick Bamford - What a classy performance and he looked even MORE hungry in his facial expressions, when he was subbed .... He wants to really really prove, that he is our best striker and now he has the confidence too!

Adama is also out of this league... Anita is still dizzy and will have zero to none hours of sleep this night :D

Besic is really good too, but he needs to pass it a tad earlier some times, as it's pretty frustrating to see him lose the ball from dribbling into a defender or two that often. But that will come once he has settled into the team within a few more games.

Defence and keeper did well and I really loved the work between Downing and Friend in that first half we all will remember!

Howson and Besic together is a good combo I reckon and with a few more games under the belt together, they will be better than Leadbitter and Clayton was in the 14/15 season. Leadbitter must be out a few games injured/10 yellows and I don't think that Clayton is our man at the moment. Maybe as the most defensive of 3 holding midfielders with Besic and Howson in more free roles.

I said earlier today, that Pulis would go defensive with 3 holding midfielders, just to rub some I told you so in somes faces :P

UTB!

Well that was one of our more complete performances this season. We were pretty much in control throughout and the scoreline didn't flatter us. Leeds were poor but we've certainly played worse than that this season and won so you can't knock the performance.

Obviously Bamford deserves a mention. He took his first two goals well and you've got to be pleased for the fella, having had a pretty crappy couple of years it must feel nice for him to just be playing well and scoring goals. Traore's run and pass for the second was super stuff and that won us the game there and then really.

Not sure what was going on with Leadbitter. If there were concerns then he shouldn't have played in those conditions. The fact that he played, got himself booked and then got himself injured isn't exactly smart work unless it's some secret plan to have him banned and resting his injury at the same time. It was a nice touch for Pulis to bring off Bamford just before the end to get his applause though, nice little bit of man management that.

Leeds were poor but then there have been enough occasions this season when you could say the same about us. We messed up last weekend, we got back on track tonight but we need this to be the beginning of a good run rather than a pleasant one off.

When we lose, we're crap. When we win the other team were crap :)

This was our most complete performance of the season, we took on a top half team in a decent vein of form and they barely had a sniff, whereas we were cutting them open consistently. Absolutely chuffed!

Well that was one of our more complete performances this season.  We were pretty much in control throughout and the scoreline didn't flatter us.  Leeds were poor but we've certainly played worse than that this season and won so you can't knock the performance.

Obviously Bamford deserves a mention.  He took his first two goals well and you've got to be pleased for the fella, having had a pretty crappy couple of years it must feel nice for him to just be playing well and scoring goals.  Traore's run and pass for the second was super stuff and that won us the game there and then really.

Not sure what was going on with Leadbitter.  If there were concerns then he shouldn't have played in those conditions.  The fact that he played, got himself booked and then got himself injured isn't exactly smart work unless it's some secret plan to have him banned and resting his injury at the same time.  It was a nice touch for Pulis to bring off Bamford just before the end to get his applause though, nice little bit of man management that.

Leeds were poor but then there have been enough occasions this season when you could say the same about us.  We messed up last weekend, we got back on track tonight but we need this to be the beginning of a good run rather than a pleasant one off.

If we're to have a good run now is a good time, it said on Sky we've taken the most points off bottom half teams this year and 4 of our next 6 are against bottom half teams. Need points in all of them, plus to take some off teams around us of course.