oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 3-0 (Bamford, Bamford, Bamford)

Anyone got a link to highlights or the goals?

Found this https://youtu.be/2D0d40ywA04

Not the best editing but better than nothing.

Cheers mate that’ll do! So, so chuffed for Bamford - I never really doubted him and was gutted with how few chances he had last season and a bit of a rough time this season - but I said a couple of weeks ago I thought he’d come good and I’m so pleased he has! We all know what a confident on form Paddy can do - hopefully he can fire us to where we wanna be.

And not wanting to miss out Traore here - these last couple of months, red cards aside, he’s been a revelation. Much respect, he’s gonna grow into some player! UTB!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep reading Leeds were poor,but to be honest they were not poor the first 5 mins or so until we got on top of them.The opposition are only as good as you allow them to be and thats exactly all down to great work from Boro why Leeds looked poor.

Our defence was great on the night coping easily with everything thrown at them wingbacks support/service 10/10 imo, and midfield took control and served the front runners whilst backing up the defence.

Then you have Downing/Traore and Bamford all three probably played their best games of the season and I hope they will play more like that in the coming games.

Leeds were a little dirty at times but that is to be expected all of our past games have been physical and really the ref: should have booked a couple of their players in the first half. I did not think he should have booked Leadbitters tackle when you look at what Leeds got away with.

My only beef is why Traore had to be switched once again to the left side in the second half.Surely he is big enough now to think on his own without the manager shouting at him.

Taking nothing away from Boro it was a great game to watch.

Like Pulis said at the end a lot of thanks as to go to the locals for working so hard to get this game played.

Thanks Boro and thanks Boro fans for giving me a great evening..

Right I have a plumber arriving this morning and him being a Essex Leeds Utd fan means I am gonna enjoy winding the sod up. Although I should be careful because he is about 6ft 2ins and built like a brick sh*thouse.  :D

6 games off so far only Bristol City can take us out of the top 6 ahead of Tuesday now

Wolves v Reading

Aston Villa v QPR

Barnsley v Norwich

Brentford v Cardiff

Ipswich Town v Hull City

Sheffield United v Burton Albion

We all know that we need to beat the teams in the bottom half which I'm sure we will more often than not.

Our season is probably gonna be decided in the games against Bristol City, Derby and Sheff utd. If we can keep Bamford and Traore on the pitch and play like last night I don't fear those teams.

Wooooooo

Up the biro.

Bamford absolute class.

Traore could (should) have been MOTM despite the hat trick.

Leeds looked very, very poor. Best performance under Pulis, bar none.

How you feeling BoroDane? :P

I’m feeling great thanks. So happy for Bamford. Still think he was pretty useless on the left for most parts though. Clear that his only position should be up front.

Glowing over the performance and waking up to the snow beginning to thaw is a good start to the weekend, pity about all the cancellations today but at least we do not have a fixture congestion to be concerned about at the moment.

Everyone is talking about Paddy and rightly so and how playing in his preferred position has helped, I think TP missed a trick when he took him off as he should have brought Britt on and allowed him to play in his preferred position, he could very well flourish ala Bam Bam I think he needs game time to get the best out of him to a degree.

I've criticised Britt more than most on here but I would like to see him get a bit more game time even if it is off the bench.

We are going to need him at some point before the end of he season so we need to keep him sharp. I would have brought him on at 3-0 last night.

I thought Downing and Traore changed side because Leeds went to 4-4-2? Not that I get all the logic with that swap but thought that how Pulis countered that Leeds move

Maybe I just read to much into it and thought Pulis was trying to be clever somehow lol

I did at the say that Bamford should be the no1 striker at the start of the season on the forum, people said i was wrong on the forum that Britt should always be no 1... i think i was right. Britt just offers nothing for me if he doesn't score, whereas Bamford gives us another dimension. Bamford now on form could be the key to get us goals to get us promoted now, btw im not saying we should be promoted with this squad because of the inconsistency's but he might just do it.

I can’t claim I said that in the past but I did state I have a soft spot for him. Very pleased as I’m sure he is himself

I thought Downing and Traore changed side because Leeds went to 4-4-2? Not that I get all the logic with that swap but thought that how Pulis countered that Leeds move

Maybe I just read to much into it and thought Pulis was trying to be clever somehow lol

For me, the swap was because Leeds swapped their full backs. Anita had no joy against Traore in the first half and should have been sent off for two bookable offences. Unfortunately, when the switch occurred, we didn't get the ball to him out there often enough.

I've criticised Britt more than most on here but I would like to see him get a bit more game time even if it is off the bench.

We are going to need him at some point before the end of he season so we need to keep him sharp. I would have brought him on at 3-0 last night.

I would have too but perhaps that's even more telling about Pulis' desire for a clean sheet that he couldn't trust Britt to finish the game off for us.

There's no denying he's sat on the bench deservedly now. He was in the team against Sunderland for nothing more than Gestede being injured and he was outshone by a striker who started on the left wing.

Off he came to stick Paddy up front, Paddy grabs another goal and now gets a hat trick against two good Championship centre backs. After the last couple of games, I'm absolutely having none of this crap about Britt being hard done by by the system we employ. One man has taken his chance and the other hasn't, it is as simple as that.

Traore did look like he had a lot less influence on the left, but I think it was a clever tactic putting him up against Anita again, there were a few times that he couldn't put his foot in for fear of getting sent off.

Also the third goal came from Traore cutting inside and having a shot. Definitely more dangerous on the right where he has the option of a quick ball in. One thing that was outstanding from him today was his improved decision making, he was quite often making the simple pass instead of running into a cul-de-sac, and the through ball for Bamford was perfectly weighted.

Anyone notice he was taking corners as well and put some decent balls in from them as well!

For me, the swap was because Leeds swapped their full backs. Anita had no joy against Traore in the first half and should have been sent off for two bookable offences. Unfortunately, when the switch occurred, we didn't get the ball to him out there often enough.

Yes thats what the comentator thought to and in doing that we ourselves stopped Traore . Because like you say we never gave the ball to him enough.

I just think he is a big boy now and able to take on most defenders so why Pulis feels he still has to molly coddle him I cannot understand. 

Yes he is young and yes he is learning, he is also built like a tank so let him go and let him learn.

I would have too but perhaps that's even more telling about Pulis' desire for a clean sheet that he couldn't trust Britt to finish the game off for us.

There's no denying he's sat on the bench deservedly now. He was in the team against Sunderland for nothing more than Gestede being injured and he was outshone by a striker who started on the left wing.

Off he came to stick Paddy up front, Paddy grabs another goal and now gets a hat trick against two good Championship centre backs. After the last couple of games, I'm absolutely having none of this crap about Britt being hard done by by the system we employ. One man has taken his chance and the other hasn't, it is as simple as that.

Bamford is just a far better player, I always thought that. He isn't a physically imposing player but he can hold the ball because his touch is so much better than Britt's.

Britt can't really play up on his own in this system. He needs to be playing for a team who are really attack minded, who have midfielders constantly up in support and one who are putting lots of balls into the box.