oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 3-0 (Bamford, Bamford, Bamford)

I know he scored his second goal... so some will say he was right to shoot, but I think PB should have squared it back to Adama. There were a couple of other times when he shot but should have squared it.

He had a great game, clearly... though.

He was right to shoot, he was through on goal, it was on his stronger foot and he's a striker.  He should have done better later in the game when Traore went on a run and played it to him but the instance for his second goal he did the right thing.

Yeah I agree, especially the touch he took actually took him slightly away from goal, which made the angle for the pass far too difficult IMO, shooting was the right decision.

Also agree he needed to pass it in the later chance, but I'll take a selfish striker that's scoring goals I suppose.

Yes, can't argue with that. Harry Kane is quite selfish**... but he scores STACKS of goals.

**By selfish, I mean he shoots on sight, when there are sometimes better options. But the fact is, that sufficiently often he scores... and if he's doing that, then maybe shooting IS the best percentage option, even if it doesn't always look it (if that makes sense).

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wooooooo

Up the biro.

Bamford absolute class.

Traore could (should) have been MOTM despite the hat trick.

Leeds looked very, very poor. Best performance under Pulis, bar none.

How you feeling BoroDane? :P

I’m feeling great thanks. So happy for Bamford. Still think he was pretty useless on the left for most parts though. Clear that his only position should be up front.

❤️

Spread jam, not hate.

My brother in law goes by the nickname Jam, so you can imagine the distressing images this put in my head :(

Just out of interest, what do you teach mate?

Literature, my friend.

A fine subject to teach.

Indeed it is.

I too am a expert at wordsmithery and am dead articulate like. If any of yous lot were half as wordy as wot I is. This forum wood be a much better plaice :@

Just out of interest, what do you teach mate?

Literature, my friend.

A fine subject to teach.

Indeed it is.

I too am a expert at wordsmithery and am dead articulate like. If any of yous lot were half as wordy as wot I is. This forum wood be a much better plaice :@

Excellent use of ‘wordsmithery’

Bit late to the party on this thread... very happy with the result on Friday night. I didn't think Leeds were good at all, but there's been much worse teams come to the Riverside, so it was good to see us comfortably beat them 3-0. Before the match when I saw the lineup, I was a little concerned about the three CM's, but it actually worked well so fairplay to Pulis for that. Both Howson and Basic had great games, Leadbitter again not so much but Pulis seems to want to play him every game so I think we'll just have to get used to it.

Really happy for Bamford that he's been hitting his form again. I think I was starting to lose confidence that he was still the same player we had in 14/15, but these last couple of games he's starting to show that he's still got it. Long may it continue!

Another mention for Traore, Pulis has done wonders with him. Now genuinely probably the most dangerous player in the Championship, went from having no assists to having one pretty much every game.

I don't want to get too excited, because knowing us we'll lose at Bham on Tuesday, but I really hope we can gain confidence from this and go on a little run now and give us a shout of the playoffs. The team that I'd fear most in the playoffs is Fulham, but I've got a feeling they could sneak into the top two if they keep doing what they're doing, and I think if we start playing better we can beat Villa, Cardiff or Derby.

UTB.

I mentioned pre match that Pulis would have to throw something Leeds would not expect, the line up would not have done but the manner of 2 of our midfielders being so attack minded would have done. Besic and Howson being offensive helped enormously to the victory

obviously Bamford and Traore get the lions share of the plaudits for what was a really good performance and rightly so. Leeds were poor but we had a lot to do with that  in many ways   all in all finally a good all round team ,managerial and tactical performance . One other player i would like to give a mention to is Besic who for me completes the best 3 individual players on the night. 

keepthat level up and  theres every possibility of an exciting finale to our season.

I mentioned pre match that Pulis would have to throw something Leeds would not expect, the line up would not have done but the manner of 2 of our midfielders being so attack minded would have done. Besic and Howson being offensive helped enormously to the victory

Yeah throughout the game Howson is in the box or arriving there. He makes the near post run on the first goal that gives Bamford that little extra room to get his shot off.

Yeah throughout the game Howson is in the box or arriving there. He makes the near post run on the first goal that gives Bamford that little extra room to get his shot off.

I said weeks ago that 3 central midfielders doesn't have to negative if we have the right mindset.

I said weeks ago that 3 central midfielders doesn't have to negative if we have the right mindset.

I was more concerned with the personnel to be honest, but I think Besic and Howson are forward thinking enough to make it work. I wouldn't have liked to see Clayton and Leadbitter in it.

I was more concerned with the personnel to be honest, but I think Besic and Howson are forward thinking enough to make it work. I wouldn't have liked to see Clayton and Leadbitter in it.

It actually works with Clayton as the ultra defensive midfielder and Besic and Howson more free... 

But what a braindead waste of time it would be, to watch a game with Leadbitter, Clayton and Forshaw  :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Glad we sold him to Leeds (and that he didn't do anything dangerous against us---would be typical)  :liar: :funny: :funny:

Howson was excellent on Friday night. Don't know if it's been mentioned but that's what i wanto see more often. He bossed that midfield on and off the ball. Besic needs to learn how to use the ball better and he'll a fantastic little player.

Yup

Besic is GOOD but he needs to pass the ball a tad earlier, instead of dribbling in to trouble .. His first moves are excellent and his tackles and fight is determined. He can pick that forward pass too, we have seen ;)

I think putting Clayton in there anchored Besic and Howson perfectly. Clayts new dynamic isn't glamorous or sexy football, but it's key to freeing up others around him to go forward without the fear of getting caught out.

It's part of what wasn't working under Monk; the likes of Christie, Fabio, Braithwaite etc bombing forward from deeper positions without adequate cover. Clayton against Leeds was the smallest weight that can balance Big Ben to chime perfectly on time.

Besic was great, he just didn't look wholely fit. Couple of mis-placed passes that he struggled to catch up with and nearly cost us. On another day, who knows it could have been a bad rating for him. But he always looked forward, he always tried to play the forward pass and if it wasn't available, 9 out of 10 times he had the composure to keep a hold of the ball and allow the players to move into positions he could actually find, rather than just push us back into our own half.