oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 3-0 (Bamford, Bamford, Bamford)

Isn't Cranie a suitable DM aswell?

Would he fit as the ultra defensive CM with Besic and Howson in more free roles?

Just a thought..

Argue with me! :D

I'd say that'd be more like 5 at the back. Cranie isn't really a creative player; he's more a defensively solid full back.

I am pretty sure, that when we signed him, he was described as a Full back, centre back and a holding midfielder. Very versatile...

The word 'versatile' has nothing to do with 'talent' though. ;)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it was clear that the team was set out with a plan to play far more patient football at the right phases in play. I was pleased to see how, instead of hitting the ball up the field at every conceivable opportunity like we have done previously under Pulis, our players looked to pass the ball around in midfield and even backwards in defence when there was no worthwhile option in advanced areas. Bamford obviously isn't suited battling for long aerial balls so I think Gestede's injury has reluctantly convinced Pulis to adapt to a more patient style that suits the players now available to him. Any team with Traore in it will always have phenomenal counterattacking bursts so we're always going to have that threat in any style of passing. The three central midfielders were very conducive to us playing a far more patient style through the thirds of the pitch, and the tweek seemed to help out fullbacks get forward a little bit more at times. Bamford's movement drifting into space and playing off the shoulder of defenders so he's far better suited to a more patient style of play so I'm not surprised to see him excelling lately. Hopefully it's the start of a transition of Pulis adapting to what it takes for a promotion chasing side, as opposed to as surviving in the Premier League where safety first football is the bedrock of most smaller teams successful survival bids.