oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 3-0 (Bamford, Bamford, Bamford)

As a Scandinavian, it's really funny to watch how Brits react to a few snowflakes :D

No offence :P

its hilarious.....

Our football season just started its -15 and 1 meter snow....

whats the problem in in England?.....

:-P

we like to watch football not 22 beefy blokes in a mudbath

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a Scandinavian, it's really funny to watch how Brits react to a few snowflakes :D

No offence :P

its hilarious.....

Our football season just started its -15 and 1 meter snow....

whats the problem in in England?.....

:-P

we like to watch football not 22 beefy blokes in a mudbath

sif

you have great grounds, dosent you have under soil heating on most pitches these days? And if small clubs ins weden can get people to go and shovel snow why cant the clubs in England?

I dont think its the picthes that are the problems for you, more about safety around the arenas.

The vikings took all the good blood with them home to scandi, left the weak blood on the islands :-P

And btw ***nal managed to play better football in -12 and snow then they did at home in warm London ;)

I don't get the fuss tbh. At 4:30am I went out and dug out my car, had a brew then took an hour to drive to work. It only took me that long because they hadn't gritted or plowed the roads (normally takes 20 minutes). Finished my shift and went home.

If everyone was like this it wouldn't be an issue, people think they can still drive at normal speeds and not have accidents, typical english attitude of "i got this" over something they don't have the skill to do and blocking the roads off.

Pretty much this. People get away with being asses on the road usually because the roads are fine. Add snow and ice and it inevitably causes those people to cause accidents for themselves and others. All it takes is one nobhead to cause a big accident.

where i live in the derwent valley  it hasnt stopped snowing since monday night apart from 15 mins or so here and there and as it is quite remote which is great in the summer but ,when it snows hard  the car becomes a garden ornament maybe the main roads are drivable but id never get to them at present. had to walk in welly high snow for the paper and milk this morning about a mile and a half  . great fun.....not.  plus were out of bread and the village hasnt had a delivery since saturday.   theres plus points to living in the town  :)

Cleveland is on a red weather warning to drivers - meaning only essential trips should be made - and with the coldest part of the snap coming this evening, conditions will only get worse.

Somehow I don't think the authorities will see a football match as 'essential travel.' Currently its forecast to snow all day today on Teesside, but stop tomorrow. Big question is, as Essuuaitch says, will the local roads be deemed safe enough for people to actually get to the main roads.

where i live in the derwent valley  it hasnt stopped snowing since monday night apart from 15 mins or so here and there and as it is quite remote which is great in the summer but ,when it snows hard  the car becomes a garden ornament maybe the main roads are drivable but id never get to them at present. had to walk in welly high snow for the paper and milk this morning about a mile and a half  . great fun.....not.  plus were out of bread and the village hasnt had a delivery since saturday.   theres plus points to living in the town  :)

My brother owns The Waterloo Inn at Biggin and they are completely snowed in along with the village.

They have not run out of provisions but hope the weather improves very soon as you can imagine.

Understand that we should know by midday as there is a meeting to decide about the situation, however if there is a meeting then surely only one outcome as they can not afford to wait until tomorrow to see if things improve

Reading elsewhere that a decision is being made at 1100hrs today, if that is the case and a meeting has been arranged then there will only be one outcome

From what Snowblind has said I really can not see the game going ahead what do the locals feel?

As far as I can see, every single school/college has taken the decision to close today.

My BBC app says the snow will end in a couple of hours. But I live a bit further out in the sticks than Middlesbrough.

The snow is very deep here. And the winds are very strong.

The police red warning will probably be the deciding factor.

If I was the club I wouldn’t make a decision at lunchtime today. But by later today or first thing in the morning it will be clear whether it will be possible to clear the roads/routes to the stadium.

My gut feeling is that game won’t go ahead.

It'll probably suit Leeds better anyway to come here in bad weather with the ground half empty and the football pitch in a bad shape. A point for them would be a good result. And with Gestede out we can't really play the Pulis hoofball. Considering Leeds isn't that far away a reschedule for a midweek fixture is probably on the cards.

The motorways will probably be the better part of the country right now as the grit will undoubtedly get prioritised there. It's the inner-town/city roads which will be a problem.

Could anyone see Bamford or Downing playing on the right for this game? I'm not sure Downing will be as good on the right without Christie overlapping. Would personally like to see Bamford as a second striker behind Assombalonga with Downing on the left and Harrison on the right.

Bamford's confidence will be sky high after 3 excellent finishes, so I certainly wouldn't be playing him behind anyone at the moment, he should be the main striker.

Blimey. Some of them were driving like complete twits!**

**(Other appropriate vowels can be used)!