oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 1-0 (Bamford)

I do not think it is in Tony Pulis's persona but it would be good to know that even he see's the irony in the game and will totally want his Boro team to show Monk that they are an improved and better Monk Boro team, obviously better than Birmingham City too!

I know that we are accepting and expecting the return to the Riverside of Aitor Karanka but this appointment does feel a bit strange because it is totally unexpected and little time to accept the fact so I guess some will think that Monk could have an edge over Pulis.

Interesting to say the least

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of trivia surrounding the game against Birmingham City.

Garry Monk's birthday

If we do not lose then we have surpassed our best unbeaten run this season (not a good run have to admit as we could be 4 unbeaten and yes accept I could be putting the carbosh by mentioning this awful fact)

I think that appointment will just give our players an added motivation. Bamford and Traore will both want to show why they should've been playing regularly under him.

I may be on my own... but I really couldn't care less about Monk being in charge of the opposition. I said at the time he left he would be easily forgotten as we never could connect with the man and I feel the exact same as if it was Steve Cotterill in charge, like it's just another fella who we know very little about personally. Other than being generally wary of new manager bounce, I don't really feel any different going into this game than any other.

I think that appointment will just give our players an added motivation. Bamford and Traore will both want to show why they should've been playing regularly under him.

Clayton and Friend too. In fact a lot of his big money signings have moved on, but we're left with Randolph, Howson and Shotton who have all proved to be good acquisitions.

Must be demoralising as a manager to waste all that money and get no where.

Clayton and Friend too. In fact a lot of his big money signings have moved on, but we're left with Randolph, Howson and Shotton who have all proved to be good acquisitions.

£30m in summer on strikers, 2 have left and the other's 3rd choice to the strikers we already had.

And yet for the wing we spent £2m only so his mate could make some deadline day signings. 

Don't expect him to succeed there based off his time with us, but then again the last time he managed a club in a high pressure environment with a trigger-happy owner he did a decent job so who knows.

Surely the same team starts as against Leeds - with Clayton in for Leadbitter. Definitely the best I've seen us this season, the players should feel confident that they can go out and get another win.

Not really fussed about Monk being there to be honest, I have no strong feelings about him either way... barely feel like I ever got to know the guy. Will be completely different when Karanka comes back after all the highs and lows over a three and a half year period.... but Monks time here was just 'meh'. Might be an added factor for some of the players though.

He probably gets over it pretty quickly when he checks his bank balance online.

I may be on my own... but I really couldn't care less about Monk being in charge of the opposition. I said at the time he left he would be easily forgotten as we never could connect with the man and I feel the exact same as if it was Steve Cotterill in charge, like it's just another fella who we know very little about personally. Other than being generally wary of new manager bounce, I don't really feel any different going into this game than any other.

Rest assured Pulis will use Monk as the focal point of his motivational speech pre-game.

Surely the same team starts as against Leeds - with Clayton in for Leadbitter. Definitely the best I've seen us this season, the players should feel confident that they can go out and get another win.

Yes, we've had an extra day's rest, so unless someone else took a knock, there is no reason to change anything other than Clayts in for Grant.

Monk must be really desperate to get back into management, I can think of only one other reason to join this 'basketcase' club, money, and does he really need it that much to take on this poisoned chalice. Living in the Midlands I genuinely feel sorry for the Blues fans having to put up with the owners that have been dumped upon them, Gibson is not a God, (demi God maybe), but the last two owners at St Andrews I would not wish on any true football fan.

Rest assured Pulis will use Monk as the focal point of his motivational speech pre-game.

Really? He doesn't seem the type of manager to use another manager's failures to motivate his team. He was very respectful of Monk when he took over and I think there are some in the squad who would probably still prefer it if he was in charge, like Britt for example.

Really? He doesn't seem the type of manager to use another manager's failures to motivate his team. He was very respectful of Monk when he took over and I think there are some in the squad who would probably still prefer it if he was in charge, like Britt for example.

Britt won't need motivating because he won't be playing!

A little bit of trivia surrounding the game against Birmingham City.

Garry Monk's birthday

If we do not lose then we have surpassed our best unbeaten run this season (not a good run have to admit as we could be 4 unbeaten and yes accept I could be putting the carbosh by mentioning this awful fact)

We went five games unbeaten earlier in the season, seven if you include cup games.