oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 1-0 (Bamford)

A little bit of trivia surrounding the game against Birmingham City.

Garry Monk's birthday

If we do not lose then we have surpassed our best unbeaten run this season (not a good run have to admit as we could be 4 unbeaten and yes accept I could be putting the carbosh by mentioning this awful fact)

We went five games unbeaten earlier in the season, seven if you include cup games.

You are correct five game unbeaten run is the best so far, not seven

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Garry Monk's birthday

If we do not lose then we have surpassed our best unbeaten run this season (not a good run have to admit as we could be 4 unbeaten and yes accept I could be putting the carbosh by mentioning this awful fact)

We went five games unbeaten earlier in the season, seven if you include cup games.

Nope, will stick to my guns we have yet to go on a four match unbeaten run, thank goodness for the match thread archive :relief:

S***horpe Home - Win (League Cup)

Preston Home - Draw

Bolton Away - Win

Villa Away - Draw

QPR Home - Win

Villa Away - Win (League Cup)

Fulham Away - Draw

Garry Monk's birthday

Nope, will stick to my guns we have yet to go on a four match unbeaten run, thank goodness for the match thread archive :relief:

S***horpe Home - Win (League Cup)

Preston Home - Draw

Bolton Away - Win

Villa Away - Draw

QPR Home - Win

Villa Away - Win (League Cup)

Fulham Away - Draw

But Garry Monk was our manager then which is an overarching loss.

Has anyone noticed if there is a match pass available on the brum website? Can only see subscription options to watch.

You have to buy a months prescription which is incredibly annoying as its 16 quid!

Has anyone noticed if there is a match pass available on the brum website? Can only see subscription options to watch.

You have to buy a months prescription which is incredibly annoying as its 16 quid!

You’ll have a chance to watch Monk’s team for a whole month, you’ll love that, Dane. I know how much you hate Pulis, it’ll be like the good old days. ;)

I may be on my own... but I really couldn't care less about Monk being in charge of the opposition. I said at the time he left he would be easily forgotten as we never could connect with the man and I feel the exact same as if it was Steve Cotterill in charge, like it's just another fella who we know very little about personally. Other than being generally wary of new manager bounce, I don't really feel any different going into this game than any other.

Rest assured Pulis will use Monk as the focal point of his motivational speech pre-game.

Really? He doesn't seem the type of manager to use another manager's failures to motivate his team. He was very respectful of Monk when he took over and I think there are some in the squad who would probably still prefer it if he was in charge, like Britt for example.

Britt won't need motivating because he won't be playing!

He could come on from the bench, you never know. Either way, I very much doubt we'll have a Callum McManaman within our ranks who will be sat there determined to prove Monk wrong. Nobody needs to prove anything to Monk any more, he's not our manager.

I may be on my own... but I really couldn't care less about Monk being in charge of the opposition. I said at the time he left he would be easily forgotten as we never could connect with the man and I feel the exact same as if it was Steve Cotterill in charge, like it's just another fella who we know very little about personally. Other than being generally wary of new manager bounce, I don't really feel any different going into this game than any other.

Rest assured Pulis will use Monk as the focal point of his motivational speech pre-game.

Really? He doesn't seem the type of manager to use another manager's failures to motivate his team. He was very respectful of Monk when he took over and I think there are some in the squad who would probably still prefer it if he was in charge, like Britt for example.

Britt won't need motivating because he won't be playing!

He could come on from the bench, you never know. Either way, I very much doubt we'll have a Callum McManaman within our ranks who will be sat there determined to prove Monk wrong. Nobody needs to prove anything to Monk any more, he's not our manager.

It was a joke

Birmingham away has never been a happy place for us to get a win, its 2 wins in 40 year, so I'm just hoping we can pull it off and bag the 3 points.

Barring Clayton for Leadbitter we've got to be going with the same team, it would make absolutely no sense to change it.

Shotton, Friend, clayton, traore and Bamford all to start tomorrow and will want to prove a point to Monk.

Can only see us winning this one, especially as Monk won't of had enough time to confuse his players tactically

Don't think we can go too wrong playing the same team again, Clayton the disciplined DM to let the fullbacks get forward. Besic more of a box to box player doing a bit of everything, Howson the advanced midfielder arriving late in the box.

Let's hope the Leeds game wasn't a fluke and that midfield is dynamic enough to grip the game again. Felt like the first time we actually dominated the Midfield, and had that link between defence and attack.