oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 1-0 (Bamford)

Does anyone know, if you can have more devices watching the game with ONE pass at the Brum Tv ?

Are you thinking of a sub-letting business Smog?

We talked about maybe sharing a pass as 16 quid is quite steep for one match. I doubt anyone is going to watch them throughout the month :omg:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know, if you can have more devices watching the game with ONE pass at the Brum Tv ?

We talked about maybe sharing a pass as 16 quid is quite steep for one match. I doubt anyone is going to watch them throughout the month :omg:

I don't think any Boro fan will want to subject themselves to another month of Garry Monk football :)

I may be on my own... but I really couldn't care less about Monk being in charge of the opposition. I said at the time he left he would be easily forgotten as we never could connect with the man and I feel the exact same as if it was Steve Cotterill in charge, like it's just another fella who we know very little about personally. Other than being generally wary of new manager bounce, I don't really feel any different going into this game than any other.

Rest assured Pulis will use Monk as the focal point of his motivational speech pre-game.

Really? He doesn't seem the type of manager to use another manager's failures to motivate his team. He was very respectful of Monk when he took over and I think there are some in the squad who would probably still prefer it if he was in charge, like Britt for example.

Britt won't need motivating because he won't be playing!

He could come on from the bench, you never know. Either way, I very much doubt we'll have a Callum McManaman within our ranks who will be sat there determined to prove Monk wrong. Nobody needs to prove anything to Monk any more, he's not our manager.

No, but there's a huge motivational factor in proving your former manager wrong, i.e. smashing his side to prove he was the main catalyst in our ***ty campaign with him - "You all played under Monk, let's prove you lot has what it takes to be successful" or whatever. But I agree, Pulis would probably not discredit Monk. 

Someone mentioned a few players being left in the dark by Monk, and a few of them are starting now - Bamford, Shotton, Traore for instance. I guess a few words with them in private wouldn't hurt.

Rest assured Pulis will use Monk as the focal point of his motivational speech pre-game.

Really? He doesn't seem the type of manager to use another manager's failures to motivate his team. He was very respectful of Monk when he took over and I think there are some in the squad who would probably still prefer it if he was in charge, like Britt for example.

Britt won't need motivating because he won't be playing!

He could come on from the bench, you never know. Either way, I very much doubt we'll have a Callum McManaman within our ranks who will be sat there determined to prove Monk wrong. Nobody needs to prove anything to Monk any more, he's not our manager.

No, but there's a huge motivational factor in proving your former manager wrong, i.e. smashing his side to prove he was the main catalyst in our ***ty campaign with him - "You all played under Monk, let's prove you lot has what it takes to be successful" or whatever. But I agree, Pulis would probably not discredit Monk. 

Someone mentioned a few players being left in the dark by Monk, and a few of them are starting now - Bamford, Shotton, Traore for instance. I guess a few words with them in private wouldn't hurt.

Pulis shouldn't even need to say anything, if I was one of those players mentioned I'd wanna prove a point to Monk.

Just asking for a friend ::D

I think when you talk about such an emotional reaction to a manager of any kind, you'd have to consider if there was a connection there to begin with. Monk was a robot, we saw it in his interviews and his press conferences. Was that just the media and fan-facing Monk?

Personally, I don't think so. Even listening to him in more laid back atmospheres, unless you're speaking to him about Swansea City, he's the most closed-off manager I think we've had in many a year. To get any motivation out of proving an ex-manager wrong, I think there has to be something kindling beforehand. For example, there's been the debate about booing Monk, why would you boo someone who you've never been emotionally connected to? I stated at the time that I would have booed Ramirez after last January because he took our support for granted, he received love aplenty from the Boro fans and threw it back in our faces. Monk never got any love, he got little more than apathy.

I don't know the players personally but if the players are going to go out tonight simply to prove Monk was wrong, I think their head is in the wrong place. Tonight isn't about Garry Monk to anyone affiliated with this club. This is another match, another chance to claim 3 points and another chance to move closer to the play-offs. If I was Tony Pulis, I would not be giving the Monk factor any credence at all or encouraging any kind of 'get one over on him' mentality. There's more than enough to be motivated by going into this game which doesn't involve Garry Monk.

I think when you talk about such an emotional reaction to a manager of any kind, you'd have to consider if there was a connection there to begin with. Monk was a robot, we saw it in his interviews and his press conferences. Was that just the media and fan-facing Monk?

Personally, I don't think so. Even listening to him in more laid back atmospheres, unless you're speaking to him about Swansea City, he's the most closed-off manager I think we've had in many a year. To get any motivation out of proving an ex-manager wrong, I think there has to be something kindling beforehand. For example, there's been the debate about booing Monk, why would you boo someone who you've never been emotionally connected to? I stated at the time that I would have booed Ramirez after last January because he took our support for granted, he received love aplenty from the Boro fans and threw it back in our faces. Monk never got any love, he got little more than apathy.

I don't know the players personally but if the players are going to go out tonight simply to prove Monk was wrong, I think their head is in the wrong place. Tonight isn't about Garry Monk to anyone affiliated with this club. This is another match, another chance to claim 3 points and another chance to move closer to the play-offs. If I was Tony Pulis, I would not be giving the Monk factor any credence at all or encouraging any kind of 'get one over on him' mentality. There's more than enough to be motivated by going into this game which doesn't involve Garry Monk.

I agree, Traore got sent off at AV trying to prove something, Britt had a mare at Forest trying to prove something, I would rather we just prepared the same as we have for the last game and we should get the win.

Every player is different and what makes them tick will never be exactly the same, I'm sure they'll be a few players who will want to prove a point to Monk and others who feel like they don't.

Using the emotion of wanting to prove a point doesn't have to be a negative thing if its controlled properly and that's down to Pulis. We've saw Traore this season go back to Villa and have a mindset where he's perhaps trying too hard and got himself sent off in the process. In contrast to that how often do you see players score against their old clubs.

I'm sure the team talk won't be focussed on Monk tonight but with a quiet word in a few players ears we will hopefully get an extra couple of per cent out of them.

I wouldn't bet against a more experienced player like Downing having a quite word with Traore about showing Monk what he was missing but still reminding him that it's a team game. Same goes for Shotton. He will want to show Monk that he would have offered a better defensive stbility at right back. And Bamford will just want to prove that he is back at his very best playing in his one true position.

All this talk over 'revenge' and 'proving Monk wrong'...

You do that by being professional, doing your job and getting the 3 points. Nothing more, nothing less. Any good, professional player knows not to let their heart run away with their head.

Just asking for a friend ::D

I don’t think you can use more than 1 device. You could play it on your laptop and live screen it on Facebook on your mobile ;)

You do that by being professional, doing your job and getting the 3 points. Nothing more, nothing less. Any good, professional player knows not to let their heart run away with their head.

You're right the best message to Monk is winning 3 points but we are talking about an individual players motivation. No one is suggesting the players should let their hearts runaway with their heads its about using a certain emotion in a positive way to play to your best.

The fact that people have different opinions on the subject shows how we all have different things that make us tick.

Have a read of some sports psychology and you'll find that playing with emotion and aggression doesn't have to be a negative thing, some players thrive playing like that while others don't. Thinking that professional players can't use emotion to motivate themselves is extremely naïve.

You're right the best message to Monk is winning 3 points but we are talking about an individual players motivation. No one is suggesting the players should let their hearts runaway with their heads its about using a certain emotion in a positive way to play to your best.

The fact that people have different opinions on the subject shows how we all have different things that make us tick.

Have a read of some sports psychology and you'll find that playing with emotion and aggression doesn't have to be a negative thing, some players thrive playing like that while others don't. Thinking that professional players can't use emotion to motivate themselves is extremely naïve.

You're beautiful eighth about the Sport Psychology; which is why players like Rooney thrive when there's that aggression. The likes of Traore though? I'd much rather he keep his cool, otherwise his decision making goes out the window.

More often than not that mindset is a negative for players at this level; less of a problem for a defender or combative Mid who already utilise that element of the game, but I'd much rather Pulis try and channel that energy as oppose to simply unleash it as some on here have insinuated.