oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 3-1 (Ayala,Traore,Bamford)

We simply can not afford a bad result tomorrow and certainly I do not want Barnsley doing the double over us.

If Assombalonga plays tomorrow I fully expect to see him try like no other game before to ensure he puts himself well and truly in the mind of the Manager and if chances come along to take them.

If he has a poor game shows no effort or desire then he has no future with our club

we drew 2 2 with Barnsley away you silly sausage.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We simply can not afford a bad result tomorrow and certainly I do not want Barnsley doing the double over us.

If Assombalonga plays tomorrow I fully expect to see him try like no other game before to ensure he puts himself well and truly in the mind of the Manager and if chances come along to take them.

If he has a poor game shows no effort or desire then he has no future with our club

we drew 2 2 with Barnsley away you silly sausage.

Felt like a loss at the time!

I'm pretty concerned about this game due to the doubts over Friend, Besic, Traore and Bamford. I really like the balance of the 4-3-3/4-5-1 that Pulis seems to have settled on but it seems to be massively based upon the key attacking quality that the likes of Besic, Traore and Bamford provide within it. Any of the alternatives will have least a reasonable drop off in quality, some more so than others. The injury doubt that concerns me the most is Traore's as there is no alternative that can do anywhere near what he can. I fear that our style of play will be far too predictable and easy to defend against without Traore. The most likely replacement of Harrison is untested at any decent level of professional football and had just started pre-season when we signed him so he isn't going to be anywhere near his peak match sharpness. Besic for a Leadbitter or Baker wouldn't be anywhere near as much of a drop off in quality. Bamford for Assombalonga would be a blow as Bamford is on great form but Assombalonga is still a great Championship striker. Hopefully all of them have recovered for tomorrow though, so that we don't lack what all of them have provided to us recently.

The importance of this game simply can not be overstated and getting 3 points today will possibly do us a massive favour due to the following games of interest being played today, tomorrow and Tuesday (game in hand day).

Today: PNE V Fulham (hope the current from of Fulham continues, any result other than a PNE win will suit)

Burton V Bristol City (some key players out for City but they are defensive would be great to see Burton gain at least a point)

Ipswich Town V Sheffield Utd (a draw would be best but if a winner then IT however they play Hull on Tuesday at home and I do not want them getting too close)

Millwall V Brentford (Home win for me though a draw not too bad as Brentord have a homeTuesday game against Cardiff before we play them)

And finally on game in hand day SU V Burton who look gone for a for a burton so change of mind I do want to see a Ipswich win today

And finally, finally, the game at Forest tomorrow against Derby is huge for us in terms of being level on points with Derby (yes we could be today but big g/d atm so we have to hope Aitor's band of merry men rob them blind by as many goals as possible)

Game Day.

Come On Boro.

This battle cry has to work KM it has been a while :cheese:

He’s back on the forum now that we’re back in the top six again ;)

Game Day.

Come On Boro.

This battle cry has to work KM it has been a while :cheese:

He’s back on the forum now that we’re back in the top six again ;)

Either that or he’s divorced :D

I wouldn’t be surprised to see

Cranie — Shotton — Ayala — Gibson

If Friend is out.

But hopefully Fabio is just in the squad because Friend is going to start as a potential risk.

Does anyone know if Leadbitter is fit? If he is, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start. Especially if Besic is struggling