oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 3-1 (Ayala,Traore,Bamford)

Again Besic does all the hard stuff and then seems reluctant to make the easy pass, instead turning back into danger.

He's been EXCELLENT but that's his one flaw as a player atm.

Indeed, it happens multiple times every game, he just doesn't like to pass sometimes.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we're doing very well today, as we should in this game. No surprise given that 3 of the main men have made it into the team today despite knocks.

If we start the 2nd half in the same vein, I'd like us to make sure we don't continue to risk those players. But if Barnsley come out with real intent? In for a penny, in for a pound, have to keep them on for now.

Again Besic does all the hard stuff and then seems reluctant to make the easy pass, instead turning back into danger.

Indeed, it happens multiple times every game, he just doesn't like to pass sometimes.

I think to be honest, that's kind of the player we've been screaming out for. A midfielder who is so intent on playing a forward ball rather than settle for the sideways one. It's really benefited us. By all means, you want Clayton to be that safe passing midfielder, not hanging on to the ball for too long and supporting his fellow midfielders if needs be. But you want the other 2 to really try and get the ball into the attacking players.

I think to be honest, that's kind of the player we've been screaming out for. A midfielder who is so intent on playing a forward ball rather than settle for the sideways one. It's really benefited us. By all means, you want Clayton to be that safe passing midfielder, not hanging on to the ball for too long and supporting his fellow midfielders if needs be. But you want the other 2 to really try and get the ball into the attacking players.

Except he's ignoring forward passes too.

I'm not saying he's not making the easy pass as in the 5 yard pass to Howson or Clayton, I'm saying he went on a great run forward and could have either slid in Bamford or gone wide to Downing and he did neither, instead he stopped, turned back and nearly lost the ball, we were lucky that it ricocheted out to Downing anyway. 

And as boroie says he does it multiple times a game, he'll make a mazy little run and then won't try and play anyone in at the end. 

I'm absolutely loving Besic but it is annoying.

I'm not saying he's not making the easy pass as in the 5 yard pass to Howson or Clayton, I'm saying he went on a great run forward and could have either slid in Bamford or gone wide to Downing and he did neither, instead he stopped, turned back and nearly lost the ball, we were lucky that it ricocheted out to Downing anyway. 

And as boroie says he does it multiple times a game, he'll make a mazy little run and then won't try and play anyone in at the end. 

WORD!

Ah right. Not watching the game today so can't comment on it today. But I haven't really noticed that in other games. He always looks like he's trying to keep a hold of it and play us up the pitch. Once or twice his passes have been a bit short, like against Leeds before we'd even scored and let them in. I put that down to lack of game time in the past year or so though, maybe I'm wrong.